Who will push the technical edge in Ladies FS? | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Who will push the technical edge in Ladies FS?

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Yes, that is valid.

The caveat is that the 3F+2A+SEQ is only worth 80% of the value of 3F and 2A.

Hmmm. I didn't know about the percentage deduction for the sequences.

So what would be an optimal layout if you wanted to include two lutzes and 2 flips? Or is it just smarter to repeat the loop seeing as how the BV is so close to the BV for a 3F...

caelum

On the Ice
Hmmm. I didn't know about the percentage deduction for the sequences.

So what would be an optimal layout if you wanted to include two lutzes and 2 flips? Or is it just smarter to repeat the loop seeing as how the BV is so close to the BV for a 3F...

It's basically always better to do two 3Lo's (assuming you can do a 3Lo as the 2nd jump in combination) than to do 3F's, but if you want an "ideal" layout w/ 2 lutz and 2 flips, you would do something like,

3Lz + 1Lo + 3F
3Lz
3F
2A + 3T
3S + 2Lo
3Lo
2A

Alternatively, you do you 2A + 1Lo + 3F and then 3Lz + 3T, the point is you need a 1Lo + 3F combination. But I've never seen a women do a 3F off a loop. The only guy I can think of is Plushenko (recall his 3A + 1Lo + 3F at Oly 2002).

Edit: Note though, this has basically no advantage over a more standard layout in terms of BV though.

Brenda

On the Ice
It's basically always better to do two 3Lo's (assuming you can do a 3Lo as the 2nd jump in combination) than to do 3F's, but if you want an "ideal" layout w/ 2 lutz and 2 flips, you would do something like,

3Lz + 1Lo + 3F
3Lz
3F
2A + 3T
3S + 2Lo
3Lo
2A

Alternatively, you do you 2A + 1Lo + 3F and then 3Lz + 3T, the point is you need a 1Lo + 3F combination. But I've never seen a women do a 3F off a loop. The only guy I can think of is Plushenko (recall his 3A + 1Lo + 3F at Oly 2002).

Edit: Note though, this has basically no advantage over a more standard layout in terms of BV though.

Last summer Gracie Gold put out a couple Instagram videos practicing the 2A + 1Lo + 3F combination. Currently her 2A seems to have deteriorated to the point where it doesn't seem advisable to put any triple on the backend of it, but if she could get it back to its former quality, this would be a great combo for her to do.
http://instagram.com/p/bJlLntLAln
http://instagram.com/p/bB-u-4rAvW (second combo)

A couple jump layouts last season repeating both Lutz and Flip:
Polina Edmunds: 3Lz+3T, 3F+1Lo+3S, 2A, 3F, 3Lz, 3Lo+2T, 2A. BV: 46.50
Courtney Hicks: 3F+3T, 3S, 2A, 3Lz+2T+2Lo, 3Lz, 3Lo+2A SEQ, 3F. BV: 46.73