Who will push the technical edge in Ladies FS? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Who will push the technical edge in Ladies FS?

anyanka

Record Breaker
IIRC Satoko Miyahara had the highest technical score amongst the Japanese ladies at the most recent nationals. She's only 16 but seems to have a good handle on the jump techniques. May I humbly submit her name for consideration? :)

Krunchii

Record Breaker
IIRC Satoko Miyahara had the highest technical score amongst the Japanese ladies at the most recent nationals. She's only 16 but seems to have a good handle on the jump techniques. May I humbly submit her name for consideration? :)

Doesn't she have a lot of issues with URs though?

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I think that once it becomes apparent everyone is landing 3-3 combos, the skaters who aren't as artistically superior will have to resort to training harder elements (like how S/S needed to train the throw 3A to keep up with V/T). I think Sotnikova has a good chance to do a quad. Tukt used to be able to land a 3A but I'm not sure if she's capable of that now.

Perhaps instead of just difficult jumps we will see harder transitions and that sort of stuff. The great thing about the IJS is that it doesn't have a limit (6.0) as to how far you can push yourself.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
It's interesting because Mao has the same issues with URs but can do the 3A. I guess it matters whether the < is from bad technique or nerves during competition.

Mao does not have the same issues with URs that Miyahara has. Mao's issues with URs are far less often, and her jumps aren't as borderline as Miyahara. Her UR calls usually come on big elements like the 3A or 2A+3T or 3F+3L, and occasionally the double jumps in her combos if she gets lazy/sloppy with them. But her solo jumps are usually fully rotated (at least in comparison to Satoko).

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
hmmmm difficult....

1. Tuktamysheva. I heard Mirai is landing some as well, but I don´t know how it will work. Based on power shown on double axel, I would say Gracie and So Youn should give it a try.

is this a joke?

her 2axel is worse than Julia

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
the number of dislikes

:yay:

I feel bad for people who watch videos of skaters they don't like, dislike the video, then insert lame comment. It's kind of a sad way to spend time. She is not my favorite skater by any stretch but that gala is a heartfelt effort and I have nothing but respect for it. :yay:

HanDomi

Record Breaker
If any lady would be able to do 4T my money are on Adelina. Shee seems to have very "men" style of doing 3T. She has power I think. We will see

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes. Rumors about her and Tuk going for it. We'll see. To me Adelina is the only one I take seriously. Unless Mae Berenice Meite comes out claiming she can do it I'm quite skeptical about anyone getting one ratified anytime soon.

NMURA

Medalist
Japanese Team 2014-2015 season
http://www.skatingjapan.or.jp/national/national_list.php?sports_id=2

Goals of this year

Wakaba Higuchi: Landing the triple axel
It's more like a declaration than a wish. Higuchi will have preferential treatments from the JSF so she is in a good position to take some risks. Probably she has the better jumping ability than the Russians.

Kaori Sakamoto: Want to land the 3A in competition
I doubt she really tries. She has competitions domestically and doesn't have much room for errors.

Marin Honda: Practice further ahead without setting limits
She has actually said that she's aiming for the 3A and quads in an interview. Maybe they understand THAT is the condition to become a "star" in Japan.

bronwynsings

Rinkside
I would have said Gracie for the triple axle a year ago, but in her last few competitions, her double began to fail. Did anyone see anything at SOI to indicate that it's back in form?

At the Detroit stop, she stepped out on one 2A and fell completely on another 2A.

Selene

On the Ice
Gracie has a worse 2A than Julia. She gets zero step up into the jump. Zero chance for her to get a 3A. Instead of focusing on learning new jumps, she seriously needs to work on fixing her 2A and other jumps, which are rapidly diminishing in power.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I feel bad for people who watch videos of skaters they don't like, dislike the video, then insert lame comment. It's kind of a sad way to spend time. She is not my favorite skater by any stretch but that gala is a heartfelt effort and I have nothing but respect for it. :yay:
Poor Adelina, she is a powerful jumper. Her consistency is still in question but I expect from her the 3A and even the 4T so all the hatters would shut up.