Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 35

Thread: Skate Canada Announces 2014-2015 National Team

  1. #16
    Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    4,801
    Quote Originally Posted by Coltrocks12 View Post
    http://www.freep.com/article/2014070...canada-skating

    Chan will also be competing.

    I wonder if the silver medals (both V/M and Chan expected Gold) influenced their decision.
    Your thread title -- "Tessa and Scott to compete in 2014/2015" -- is terribly misleading.

    The "article" at your link is basically a regurgitation of the Skate Canada press release, for which gsk8 already had started a thread yesterday. (BTW, I have put a request in for the threads to be merged.)

    The release says only that Virtue/Moir and Chan are on the 2014-15 national team.

    They remain undecided re competing this season, per Skate Canada yesterday at the time of the press release. Re-posting from the earlier thread:

    @SkateCanada:
    ... #VirtueMoir @Pchiddy will not compete on the GP circuit this fall but have not made a decision as to the 2015 half of the season.
    10:34 AM - 8 Jul 2014
    https://twitter.com/SkateCanada/stat...63882727911425

  2. #17
    Custom Title Coltrocks12's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Leander, TX
    Posts
    124
    Today there was a clarification article http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/WinterSpor.../21797231.html

    They are leaving the door open, but also they are definitely taking off the Grand Prix season. Sorry I jumped the gun yesterday, and thanks to the Mods who changed the title of the thread. You had my back yesterday.

  3. #18
    Custom Title Coltrocks12's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Leander, TX
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Your thread title -- "Tessa and Scott to compete in 2014/2015" -- is terribly misleading.

    The "article" at your link is basically a regurgitation of the Skate Canada press release, for which gsk8 already had started a thread yesterday. (BTW, I have put a request in for the threads to be merged.)

    The release says only that Virtue/Moir and Chan are on the 2014-15 national team.

    They remain undecided re competing this season, per Skate Canada yesterday at the time of the press release. Re-posting from the earlier thread:

    @SkateCanada:
    ... #VirtueMoir @Pchiddy will not compete on the GP circuit this fall but have not made a decision as to the 2015 half of the season.
    10:34 AM - 8 Jul 2014
    https://twitter.com/SkateCanada/stat...63882727911425
    I didn't mean to be misleading. The article made it sound like they were competing. The article out today was less misleading and the mods changed the title of the thread to one that is more accurate. Please forgive me for hopin'

  4. #19
    Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    4,801
    Quote Originally Posted by Coltrocks12 View Post
    Today there was a clarification article http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/WinterSpor.../21797231.html

    They are leaving the door open, but also they are definitely taking off the Grand Prix season. Sorry I jumped the gun yesterday, and thanks to the Mods who changed the title of the thread. You had my back yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coltrocks12 View Post
    ... Please forgive me for hopin'
    Thx for the new Ryan Pyette article.

    You are forgiven for hoping (not that you need my forgiveness). I too love Virtue/Moir and their skating.

    ETA, thanks to the mods for merging the threads.

  5. #20
    Custom Title Coltrocks12's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Leander, TX
    Posts
    124
    I have Scott and Tessa's book and I really enjoy both D/W and V/M. I miss both teams right now and have to resort to you tube videos right now.

  6. #21
    Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    4,801
    Quote Originally Posted by Coltrocks12 View Post
    I have Scott and Tessa's book ...
    Lucky us -- I am the happy owner of a copy too.

    And now that @tessavirtue officially has started tweeting, hopefully she'll give us some mini-updates on her activities ... and a few on Scott's too.

    I like this photo of them going through paperwork for their golf fundraiser.

  7. #22
    Custom Title Coltrocks12's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Leander, TX
    Posts
    124
    Scott is easily recognizable but Tessa looks really different in that picture. Tanned and healthy but different.

  8. #23
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    166
    Do you know if Dylan Moskovici is still skating with somebody? I still can't believe what happened with their separation. Poor Dylan!

  9. #24
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    265
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina View Post
    Do you know if Dylan Moskovici is still skating with somebody? I still can't believe what happened with their separation. Poor Dylan!
    Him and Lubov Iliushechkina are skating together and have chosen Toronto Cricket and Curling Club as their home, they will be coached by Lee Barkell. I don't know about their current status because apparently Lubov has not been released from the Russian Fed so I don't think they can compete yet which is a damn shame

  10. #25
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    166
    Do you know what happened with Andrei Rogozine? I am not sure , but a few weeks ago at a rink (Ice Academy)in Mississauga, On, there was a very blond guy, doing level 4 spins, very good steps and wonderful jumps...He looked like Rogozine, but I am not sure...I noticed he is not among the Canadian team.

  11. #26
    Custom Title LRK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,962
    Quote Originally Posted by Krunchii View Post
    Him and Lubov Iliushechkina are skating together and have chosen Toronto Cricket and Curling Club as their home, they will be coached by Lee Barkell. I don't know about their current status because apparently Lubov has not been released from the Russian Fed so I don't think they can compete yet which is a damn shame
    I'm curious, how long can a fed continue to refuse to release someone? I understand it's been a long while since she competed for Russia? Also, because of France refusing to release Bruno Massot, I've come to wonder how it has been in the past - with previous such cases. What are the precedents? Have skaters been let go easily, or have some been held up for a very long time? Does it depend on what fed - and are there feds notorious for refusing to release skaters? I know this may not be the "proper" place to ask this, but... I just felt curious.

  12. #27
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    714
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina View Post
    Do you know what happened with Andrei Rogozine? I am not sure , but a few weeks ago at a rink (Ice Academy)in Mississauga, On, there was a very blond guy, doing level 4 spins, very good steps and wonderful jumps...He looked like Rogozine, but I am not sure...I noticed he is not among the Canadian team.
    My understanding is that Rogozine is now training in Colorado with Christy Krall. That's not to say that he couldn't have been in Mississauga, of course. Rogozine isn't on the team because he finished out of the top 5 at the national championships.

  13. #28
    Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    4,801
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan04 View Post
    My understanding is that Rogozine is now training in Colorado with Christy Krall. That's not to say that he couldn't have been in Mississauga, of course. Rogozine isn't on the team because he finished out of the top 5 at the national championships.
    Could Rogozine also be training with Tom Z as well?
    Rogozine was part of an autograph session at TZ's recent Air Force Academy skating camp in Colorado Springs. None of Krall's skaters were at the camp, AFAIK. But Max, Rachael, Mirai, and Brandon were some of TZ's skaters who were camp coaches.

  14. #29
    :) aftertherain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Coltrocks12 View Post
    Scott is easily recognizable but Tessa looks really different in that picture. Tanned and healthy but different.
    Probably less makeup than usual. She usually seems to go for heavy makeup during competitions.

  15. #30
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    265
    Quote Originally Posted by LRK View Post
    I'm curious, how long can a fed continue to refuse to release someone? I understand it's been a long while since she competed for Russia? Also, because of France refusing to release Bruno Massot, I've come to wonder how it has been in the past - with previous such cases. What are the precedents? Have skaters been let go easily, or have some been held up for a very long time? Does it depend on what fed - and are there feds notorious for refusing to release skaters? I know this may not be the "proper" place to ask this, but... I just felt curious.
    No idea, I know Russia refused to release Daniil Barantsev for like 5 years or something, Lubov hasn't competed internationally since 2011. I think Russia is more notorious for not releasing skaters. Lot of federations don't want to give up good skaters to other countries, I know Tatiana Volosozhar was released pretty easily because her federation knew there weren't any skaters at her level in Ukraine even though she's a great pairs skater. I wonder if Russia will be willing to release Lubov now though, Dylan is one of the strongest male pairs skaters right now and Canada is probably Russia's biggest competition right now. I think her case is different because at the time of the split apparently Lubov was treated very poorly by her coach and her partner at the time and the training environment had an adverse effect on her skating. She tried to skate for France but the federation held onto her for speaking out about it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •