Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Thread: Serafima Sakhanovich

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    I hope to see video soon of her training but I suspect she is still on vacation or just recently started back. I don't mind a bit if she stays in Juniors because she has a good shot at winning a JWC next year.

I saw some chatter about her and Eteri as a team with people suggesting it wasn't successful but I don't buy that. Her spins really really improved. She was travelling all over the place in the 2013-14 season. Also I think her jumps smoothed out quite a bit. There is still a little hitch at times but the overall smoothness to the jumps improved. All of this stuff adds up to greater PCS. Speaking of her jumps (and music in this case ).... does anyone else think Sasha Cohen, apart from flexibility,and Sima have a similar technique?

https://youtu.be/z1gJ5H3ubfA?t=147

I definitely saw a difference between her last season and the season prior. Maybe less focus on on a graceful kind of elegance but the trade off was a more emphatic approach to her steps. I'm sure next season we'll see a third dimension emerge. Probably a bit of a hybrid. I hope her and Zhenia are still close. This sport needs to see more fun and friendship. We need more chocolate flavored pressers!
    Last edited by Sam-Skwantch; 06-09-2015 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    I hope to see video soon of her training but I suspect she is still on vacation or just recently started back. I don't mind a bit if she stays in Juniors because she has a good shot at winning a JWC next year.

I saw some chatter about her and Eteri as a team with people suggesting it wasn't successful but I don't buy that. Her spins really really improved. She was travelling all over the place in the 2013-14 season. Also I think her jumps smoothed out quite a bit. There is still a little hitch at times but the overall smoothness to the jumps improved. All of this stuff adds up to greater PCS. Speaking of her jumps (and music in this case ).... does anyone else think Sasha Cohen, apart from flexibility,and Sima have a similar technique?

I definitely saw a difference between her last season and the season prior. Maybe less focus on on a graceful kind of elegance but the trade off was a more emphatic approach to her steps. I'm sure next season we'll see a third dimension emerge. Probably a bit of a hybrid. I hope her and Zhenia are still close. This sport needs to see more fun and friendship. We need more chocolate flavored pressers!
    That's unforgetable, I almost died with laughter at the faces Sima was making when Zhenya attacked the candies.
    I think Sima should skate in seniors though. Her first GPs were complete knockouts and her skating is quite mature imo.
    Last edited by witcher; 06-09-2015 at 11:53 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by icepenguin View Post
    Will she be allowed to incorporate the quad-salchow in her programs? (I heard that she is learning it)
    Well, Miki Ando landed the first (and only) quad at the Junior World Championships, so...

The real question is whether Sima will feel like she needs it, if she isn't competing with the big guns in seniors. She's probably better off working on her lutz, smoothing out her landings, ect. which would be enough to (finally) win her JGPF + JW. However, if Wakaba brings 3A, Sima might go for 4S to challenge her.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandpiper View Post
    Well, Miki Ando landed the first (and only) quad at the Junior World Championships, so...

The real question is whether Sima will feel like she needs it, if she isn't competing with the big guns in seniors. She's probably better off working on her lutz, smoothing out her landings, ect. which would be enough to (finally) win her JGPF + JW. However, if Wakaba brings 3A, Sima might go for 4S to challenge her.
    And even without that, its better to have it ready and smooth for seniors if she manages it =)

Custom Title
    Last edited by Roman09; 06-27-2015 at 05:33 AM.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman09 View Post
    Sharov's new photos
    New photos with old coach, interesting.

Say no to horrendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Is there any news about her 4S? I am excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post

I totally agree with this.

Custom Title
    Last edited by Roman09; 06-29-2015 at 10:25 AM.

Always worth another watch

https://youtu.be/ZSwECKfWFKs

I wonder how things are going with her training. I have a feeling there will be considerably less footage and hype now that she's not in Moscow. Including training updates.
    Last edited by Sam-Skwantch; 07-01-2015 at 06:24 PM.

Custom Title
    I am not sure why people talk about her doing 4S. I think she just needs to build on the level she set at her first JGP skate last season - it was just gorgeous...with the exception of the last spin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrRDaKJ9CMg

Quote Originally Posted by samkrut@mail.ru View Post
    I am not sure why people talk about her doing 4S. I think she just needs to build on the level she set at her first JGP skate last season - it was just gorgeous...with the exception of the last spin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrRDaKJ9CMg
    She said she wanted to train a 4s this off season in an interview. I myself am a bit curious as to how and if at all the progression is going.
    Last edited by Sam-Skwantch; 07-01-2015 at 06:30 PM.

Custom Title
    Also, it'd put her ahead of Higuchi and her teammates on the technical totem pole?

Custom Title

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12