Serafima Sakhanovich | Page 22 | Golden Skate

Serafima Sakhanovich

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I mean she started with him this season.

Sorry, didn't she moved there in early October?

October is not starting the season with him considering her season had already begun at that point. Two months is not enough time to put any blame on him considering what she looked like in September, a hot mess. I agree with silverfoxes. Don't know what some people are expecting here :confused: She's improving. She was on fire until that God awful 2 axel attempt :hopelessness: and she looking so confident up until that point. Hopefully she carries this through her LP.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh I do blame Rukavitsyn for that LP though :laugh: I'm one of the few people who thinks it's truely awful :disapp: The old one was so much better :biggrin: Oh well. Maybe we will see it again next year or maybe not. Lol

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
What were you all saying about Urmanov again...? :laugh: It wouldn't mean he is a better or worse coach than Rukavitsyn even if Yulia did well today, though. The 2 situations are different. Serafima's been through 3 sets of coaches in the past 2 seasons...add puberty to the equation and you really need to adjust your expectations accordingly.

berry8

Final Flight
What did I tell ya! She's improving, just need to work on those underrotations (3f/1lp<</3s<), lutz edge, and her 2a.

Even though her 2a is scary she has one of the best 3S in the field:)
I still hope she will be the first Russian girl to land a 4S.

I like her a lot: her skating is soo energetic and fresh (so like orange juice).

ovafanboy1

On the Ice
I adore the Rukavicin/Glinka creations, so I'm all for Sakhanovich playing - ahem - Russian roulette (get it??) with this new coaching arrangement.

She has so many great qualities, and is working on quite a few innovative things (the two-armed loop in the long and flip in the short); I certainly hope it pans out, and feel like with more time with my favorite mad scientists, she'll be back to being a contender next season.

Alba

Record Breaker
October is not starting the season with him considering her season had already begun at that point. Two months is not enough time to put any blame on him considering what she looked like in September, a hot mess. I agree with

The season starts from late august 2015 till march 2016. I only said this season, not from the start, meaning exactly that she didn't have enough time to prepare with him. Two months is not enough for anything and I certainly didn't put a blame on him at all. The opposite in fact. So I really don't know what are you talking about. :rolleye:

Last edited:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The season starts from late august 2015 till march 2016. I only said this season, not from the start, meaning exactly that she didn't have enough time to prepare with him. Two months is not enough for anything and I certainly didn't put a blame on him at all. The opposite in fact. So I really don't know what are you talking about. :rolleye:

You rolling your eyes is uncalled for. If I just misinterpreted the info just say so. Apparently I'm not the only one. But don't bother to respond to this, ignoring.

Barb

Record Breaker
I am impressed with Serafima this season, she is great, I hope next season she will get better results, she is wonderful.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I really liked her at Nationals and I think that the panel has been definitely harsh with her lutzes, especially considering that Medvedeva's was judged clean and with huge GOE, but it's nice to see that she's improving and that the coaching change has done her well; let's hope for a successful 2016-2017 season! Will she go Senior? Because I would personally prefer to see her in the JGP, but it would be very uncommon to have a skater who's already won many medals in the Junior field doing four seasons of JGP...

Alba

Record Breaker
You rolling your eyes is uncalled for. If I just misinterpreted the info just say so. Apparently I'm not the only one. But don't bother to respond to this, ignoring.

What's uncalled for is your attitude. I don't know what's your problem actually but don't take it out on me. Calm down.

I really liked her at Nationals and I think that the panel has been definitely harsh with her lutzes, especially considering that Medvedeva's was judged clean and with huge GOE,

It's always like this when a skater doesn't have a great season. They suddenly "discover" technique problems.:sarcasm: She will be back next season stronger and consistent and the judges will go with her. ;) Is she staying junior next season?

NaVi

Medalist
I really liked her at Nationals and I think that the panel has been definitely harsh with her lutzes, especially considering that Medvedeva's was judged clean and with huge GOE,

Medvedeva's lutz attempts are a lot better than Serafima's.

Last edited:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I really liked her at Nationals and I think that the panel has been definitely harsh with her lutzes, especially considering that Medvedeva's was judged clean and with huge GOE, but it's nice to see that she's improving and that the coaching change has done her well; let's hope for a successful 2016-2017 season! Will she go Senior? Because I would personally prefer to see her in the JGP, but it would be very uncommon to have a skater who's already won many medals in the Junior field doing four seasons of JGP...

There is a chance she can go Senior because of her relative good skate at Warsaw she now has a chance of 1 spot, not guaranteed but it's something. With Liza N., Nastya G., and others making their JGP debut next season it's possible they will move her up and could give her a host spot. I wouldn't mind seeing her at SA next year :biggrin:

As far as her lutz. I don't think she is being judge too harshly. That could be use as motivation to fix it now rather than later :slink:

Last edited:

adelia

Record Breaker
There is a chance she can go Senior because of her relative good skate at Warsaw she now has a chance of 1 spot, not guaranteed but it's something. With Liza N., Nastya G., and others making their JGP debut next season it's possible they will move her up and could give her a host spot. I wouldn't mind seeing her at SA next year :biggrin:

As far as her lutz. I don't think she is being judge too harshly. That could be use as motivation to fix it now rather than later :slink:
I think she will go senior as well. However the number of GP spots she gets will depend on her performance in the upcoming months.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Serafima Sakhanovich: "We need to do their job"

Google translated
January 19, 2016

For the prize-winner of the Junior World Cup and the final of the Grand Prix Seraphim Serafima Sakhanovich the beginning of the season turned out difficult. Figure skater twice changed coaches, which could not affect the results, as a change of coach, as a rule, always entails the need to adjust to the new requirements, new training schedule, and it takes time.

This week Seraphim Serafima Sakhanovich take part in the championship of Russia in Chelyabinsk. About the performances in the current season, any change in the program, the phenomenal skating Olympic champion Japanese Yuzuru Chania and tasks that an athlete puts in front of him, in an interview with the Seraphim Serafima Sakhanovich.

- Sima, the championship of Russia, you took the 10th place, how do you evaluate your results and how important it was to take part in this start?

- Participation in the Russian championship was very important for me because I wanted to show all that I have learned recently. This season did not start very well. If a whole to evaluate my results, it is somewhere in the chetverochku even at C grade. In the past, there were much better performance, but in this season, I had a goal - to achieve good net rentals. But not always it turns out, for example, in the championship of Russia. In Yekaterinburg, the worst of all the stupid fall from the "hollows" in the short program. With random I basically did a fine job.

- Before the start of the season, many have noted your any program put to music by Dmitri Shostakovich and Mozart. The choice of musical accompaniment was quite unusual, why you abandoned this idea?

- The beginning of this season I got uneasy. She returned to St. Petersburg, home, began working with former coach Alina Jurevna Pisarenko, and then moved into the group Evgeny Rukavitsin. All this was quite difficult, but there is also such a tragic theme of any program. It seemed to me that at the moment it is "too much", so we decided to change the program. But, perhaps, to the one that was given, I will be back. Anyway, I would like that. When good times come, I talk with Evgeny Vladimirovich, maybe he will resolve to try.

- How quickly we put a new free program?

- Pretty fast. We did it with the choreographer and coach our team Valentin Molotov took music «The Man With The Harmonica». The program I skated for four days, after which we immediately went to the Cup of Russia in Kazan. Because I liked the new program, it turns out it is not bad. I feel like it's mine, mine.

It is clear that a new suit for such a short time did not have time to sew, so I spoke in Kazan in a dress Masha Artemieva. New I did before the championship of Russia. All quite understandable.

- You've already told us what was dictated to return to St. Petersburg, why not work out with Alina Pisarenko?

- In my opinion, the main reason was the fact that during the year, we worked together, I have changed, matured and have otherwise imagined relationship coach and athlete. And Alina again if returned to the children's training, when it was necessary to fulfill all the requirements of the coach, and the only way in another. For example, I had to jump not as convenient, but as the coach said. But adult athletes themselves feel already some moments. Yes, and one train very hard. Yevgeny Vladimirovich Rukavitsin training conducted differently, "grown-up". And in the group a lot of good athletes and healthy competition does not interfere with anyone else.

- What changes were made in the short program in comparison with the original version, and why?

- We have rearranged some items. Lutz - coat moved in the first half instead of the rotation, which is now doing in the end. Why changed the balance? Because Salchow - coat - more undignified cascade, and two triple jump at the championship of Russia even in the second half - this is somehow not very much. And Lutz - my coat is better and more stable turns. But while loading the second half of the program did not. Everything has its time.

- In the championship of Russia at the time of the change of the music you have blossomed hair. This was done on purpose?

- No chance. Elastic band that held her hair, turned out to be fine and burst. I felt it, but did not cycle because when you pay attention to these things, then we can make the situation worse. So it felt, and went on.

- Someone decided that this original idea.

- Yes, I talked about it. The idea with the rubber band is not bad in itself, but how to do it technically, to didakshen still not get it? In the championship of Russia with me for this rating removed.

- Last season, when you're trained in Moscow, then seriously compete with your girlfriend Evgenia Medvedeva, who is now successful on the adult level, you are left in the juniors. No regret, they say, have done something wrong?

- It's a shame a little bit, what does not yet reach its previous level, but it's not the end of the world. Now, I do not chase for Eugene. Eugene has a celebrity, even though it has not changed in the long run. But chasing behind all this, I do not see the point. I need to do my job and everything. KATA program cleanly and gain credibility that I'm a little confused, but certainly over time will return.

- The main thing now is to be patient?

- That is, although it is very difficult. Sometimes I think that now, even if I skate clean programs, it lacks a bit of arrogance, more fighting spirit. I became softer, with all the good talk. But I need to learn some things differentiate: in life to be with all good relations and go on the ice and become more rigid. It's still a sport.

- Who are the athletes will surprise you this season?

- Yuzuru. I'm shocked by his riding. I remember performing in the tournament in Poland when Valentin Molotov came and said Hania set a world record. And because he has earned more than 300 points, even though not all the elements were in the pros. And when I saw him ride on the Grand Prix Final in Barcelona, ​​it seemed to me that an angel came down from heaven. This cool skating!

- Due to what he does this?

- I think he feels like a fish on the ice in the water. It turns out, and nothing and no one sees before him, but he, music and software. For him, there is no opponent, he rides for himself pleasure from the fact that doing so and breaks records. It's all love, all he likes, he feels it, and he does not like. That's all. What he does on the ice right now, it does not work. It's a pleasure. He jumps so naprygalis - ten out of ten. It takes the elements on the machine, so get flattened, smooth, clean and organic. I see. From this and the steps and elements, and the entire program is different looks. He seemed to dissolve in the music.

But all this has made Yuzuru labor. Earlier this because he did not have. But he worked and worked. And in how many you give, and take so much. And even if at first you do, but not all turns out, do not give up because there is a process of accumulation. Sooner or later it will bear fruit. It is like a seed planted in the ground, which sprouts.

- Judging by your words, in Peter psychologically comfortable train?

-- Of course. This is my home, family, friends ... to continue their studies in the school of Olympic reserve, but remotely. With tutors do. When necessary, I come and rent topic.

In psychological terms, in St. Petersburg, I am much more comfortable than in Moscow. Here, parents and grandmother, and sister, and niece ... And life here is different. In Moscow, I have always had the feeling that the crowd squeezed in a vice and carries away. Bustle much. And in St. Petersburg to breathe more freely, although men are also missing.

- What are the future plans?

- This season has a lot of competition. Russian Championship, the finals of the National Cup, the other starts. And during the season you need to work. Rib on Lutz rule. It's better, but we need to bring to a perfect performance. So you have to work, no one else to look, to be patient and not give up.

-Olga Ermolina

alskling

On the Ice
Lutz - coat moved in the first half instead of the rotation, which is now doing in the end. Why changed the balance? Because Salchow - coat
-Olga Ermolina

Coat?:laugh:
Ah, allmighty Google.
This is not coat, this is toe loop. As far as i can remember the language.:noshake:

Last edited: