Serafima Sakhanovich | Page 27 | Golden Skate

Serafima Sakhanovich

sneakers

Match Penalty
that 1/2 loop look underrotated :slink:, reminded me of Anna P. when she underrotated her half jump going to 3S in 2014.

Last edited:

sneakers

Match Penalty
Sima should try an easier layout and avoid 2a at all cost.

3F1lo2F 3F 3Lz 3s2t 3Lz2t 3lo 3t problem solved. If she feels up to one 2A then she can do 3s3t. Two 2A is just not pretty. The chance of her landing both is similar to Maria Artemieva skating clean. Those axels are stressing her out to the point that she can't land the triples either.

its scary the way she stalks it, but aren't skaters required to do at least 1 axel in SP and FS ?

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
its scary the way she stalks it, but aren't skaters required to do at least 1 axel in SP and FS ?

I distinctly remember Kanako not doing a 2a and many posters pointing out that you can't do that. Can't remember the deduction though.

I don't know about her 1/2 loop this time but she got underrotation calls on that last season.

Frag

Spectator
With current rules I think a skater need to perform an axel jump in both short and long program. It can be a 1a (not counted in the sp, worth 0 pt), a 2a or a 3a...

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Very bad. One year later no progress (except speed on spins) Still the same mistakes and bad jumps. It's sad but no hopes here.

uhh

Medalist
Have I wandered into the trash Sima thread by mistake, I thought this was the fan thread :rolleye:

Her SS and spins are beautiful, and most of the jumps are looking much stronger than they did this time last year. Reworking technique is not an easy or quick process, she deserves so much credit for tackling such a big challenge so well so far.

berry8

Final Flight
Very bad. One year later no progress (except speed on spins) Still the same mistakes and bad jumps. It's sad but no hopes here.

You may be right... However if you compare this very first competition with last year one you cannot deny great progress in a lot of elements.
Serafima has:
- upped her tech (2 triple-triple combo).
- learnt a new entry into her 2A.
- improved her spins.

I can bet that Serafima will have quite a good season: at least way better than Tukta's and Lip's.

sailormoon

On the Ice
Country
Japan
Serafima Sakhanovich won the first stage of the Cup of St. Petersburg (August 30-31) and Elizaveta Tuktamysheva was ranked third. Serafima skipped the last season entirely but she will participate in the 2016 Skate America.

1. Serafima Sakhanovich - 173.89
2. Stanislava Konstantinova - 173.22
3. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva - 168.22
4. Alena Leonova - 164.67
5. Natalia Diana Pervushkina - 151.17

Biellmann

Match Penalty
You may be right... However if you compare this very first competition with last year one you cannot deny great progress in a lot of elements.
Serafima has:
- upped her tech (2 triple-triple combo).
- learnt a new entry into her 2A.
- improved her spins.

I can bet that Serafima will have quite a good season: at least way better than Tukta's and Lip's.

Nope :noshake: