Serafima Sakhanovich | Page 34 | Golden Skate

Serafima Sakhanovich

LRK

Record Breaker
Thank you! I just love that little "ceremony" they have pre-skate, where she puts her hands in his and he holds them for a moment, and the same with the other coach. (I think I saw the same with Samoilov, so it must be their "thing" - anyway, I think it's sweet.:))

ewdokia

On the Ice
What is the problem with Lavrentchuk?
What I’ve seen from her she cares about athlete’s health as much as Eteri and treats her skaters like sh*** at times - like yelling in public at an about 12 year girl old who just didn’t pass a skating test on the last element and is crying anyways what a stupid cow she is. That girl didn’t pass the test due an edge call on her lutz – now whose fault is that? Certainly not only the fault of the skater, but also the coach who didn’t manage to teach proper technique. :devil:

Managed to get this screenshot of her with Plushenko from the live-feed:
https://imgur.com/a/kvU1Q

My Instagram post has a tiny bit more video of them together pre-skate
https://www.instagram.com/p/BbUxGddgpUQ/

Thank you for sharing. :)

Sima's SP from just now:
Such a lovely performance - it just made me happy to see.:)

That’s the magic of Sima's skating – when she’s on, watching her makes one happy. :love:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
What I’ve seen from her she cares about athlete’s health as much as Eteri and treats her skaters like sh*** at times - like yelling in public at an about 12 year girl old who just didn’t pass a skating test on the last element and is crying anyways what a stupid cow she is. That girl didn’t pass the test due an edge call on her lutz – now whose fault is that? Certainly not only the fault of the skater, but also the coach who didn’t manage to teach proper technique. :devil:

She isn't working alone on the Academy.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker

Thank you for sharing. :)

That’s the magic of Sima's skating – when she’s on, watching her makes one happy. :love:

Hey... no need to talk about one coach without bashing another...
All coaches have their merits and their flaws.

Hamonrsa

On the Ice
Alexei , coach on the Academy. On the Plushenko Academy are working 8 coaches. Off ice trainers and many more experts. For example Yuri Ovchinikov, if you are old enough you know his name ;)

I’m probably old enough but given the fact my introduction to figure skating was when I attended the ladies free skate at 2016 World’s here in Boston, I have A LOT to learn. What I do know is I’m far more impressed by the Russian skaters than those from my own country. Also, thank you for this information :)

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

LRK

Record Breaker
My understanding is that it isn't quite final yet, as one stage of Cup of Russia remains; however her making Russian Nationals is looking a little unlikely, unless there are withdrawals. I don't think we should give up hope, but also it's good to be realistic, and not have too high expectations. But whatever happens now, I'm sure they have more longstanding goals, and I'm hoping for eventual success.:)

LRK

Record Breaker
I’m probably old enough but given the fact my introduction to figure skating was when I attended the ladies free skate at 2016 World’s here in Boston, I have A LOT to learn. What I do know is I’m far more impressed by the Russian skaters than those from my own country. Also, thank you for this information :)

That was no bad way to be introduced to figure skating, though - that was one really well-skated event. By the way, I'm almost certainly old enough also, but I don't know who Yuri Ochinikov is either - is he a figure skater, though?

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
That was no bad way to be introduced to figure skating, though - that was one really well-skated event. By the way, I'm almost certainly old enough also, but I don't know who Yuri Ochinikov is either - is he a figure skater, though?

Yes. Ovchinikov was a very good soviet figure skater. But when I read his name I had a suspicion...I wrote a wrong name.. I think Oleg Ovsyannikov is working there who was a great ice dancer, he was Anjelika Krylova's partner.. I'm sorry, I mixed the names.

LRK

Record Breaker
Yes. Ovchinikov was a very good soviet figure skater. But when I read his name I had a suspicion...I wrote a wrong name.. I think Oleg Ovsyannikov is working there who was a great ice dancer, he was Anjelika Krylova's partner.. I'm sorry, I mixed the names.

Well, just out of curiosity, I checked out Ovchinikov, and as it turns out, he was active when I was quite young - I was born in 1971. I started to pay attention to fs only in the '80s, and then I was rather casual about it.

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker

LRK

Record Breaker
I don't know if the livestream will be archived, but if you scroll back Sima's there.
She took that fall on 2A quite hard, seemed very upset after, but in the end it was not too costly. She outscored half the ladies at TDF.

Shudder. Yes, that competition just added a few more silver hairs to my already quite adequate collection...

I just uploaded the video with no hashtags or fanfare as the Kiss & Cry portion was hard to watch. After all that she landed in first :)

https://youtu.be/6Zy_ipwgAMg

^^^my friend claimed the link didn’t work so if that doesn’t work, try this...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=6Zy_ipwgAMg

Thank you so much! :)

Poor girl... I do hope she picks up heart after this, and won't let these things get to her, though she's been through a couple of really rough seasons, and it would be no wonder if she's taken quite the battering so she's extra sensitive when these mishaps happen. I'm glad to see the coach being quite supportive of her. Anyway, I hope she takes some encouragement from being in first, and good luck for the free, Sima!

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Can anybody explan me why her scores are so low compared to the top skaters? If she doesn't fall the scores are 64-65?