Serafima Sakhanovich | Page 40 | Golden Skate

Serafima Sakhanovich

hanca

Record Breaker
:clap: :hap10: :hap10:
There is still some work to do, but apart from one singled axel, she skated both programs clean, with full amount of triples in SP and in FS. And two 3-3 combinations in the FS. :hap10: A year ago if someone told me that, I wouldn’t probably believe that this can happen. She has done a lot of work within this season. Considering she has been in Pluschenko’s school for relatively a short time, this is amazing result! And her soft dancey skating is back. She had it as a junior, and then it was gone for two seasons, replaced with slow and heavier version. (I am talking about the gliding, not her figure). Now it is back to light and soft. I am really looking forward to the next season.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
It would be quite the achievement if Plushenko managed to fix her axel. When I saw her in JGP for the first time in 2013 I considered her axel a lost cause. She still stalks it massively but at least the axel itself looks somewhat passable. I wonder if she'll ever add any real entry to it, though.

hanca

Record Breaker
It would be quite the achievement if Plushenko managed to fix her axel. When I saw her in JGP for the first time in 2013 I considered her axel a lost cause. She still stalks it massively but at least the axel itself looks somewhat passable. I wonder if she'll ever add any real entry to it, though.

If you mean by real entry a bit more speed, I think that’s achievable. But if you are hoping for some hard steps, I don’t think it is needed. After all, most skaters don’t put difficult entry to all their jumps. To some jumps yes, but why should she choose her most unreliable jump and make it as hard as possible for her?

Shayuki

Record Breaker
If you mean by real entry a bit more speed, I think that’s achievable. But if you are hoping for some hard steps, I don’t think it is needed. After all, most skaters don’t put difficult entry to all their jumps. To some jumps yes, but why should she choose her most unreliable jump and make it as hard as possible for her?

It doesn't need to be a difficult entry, just a standard entry that doesn't look so stalked and out of place. Say, a simple BI choctaw entry which is the most basic of the basics. I'm not suggesting a counter counter entry here.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
It doesn't need to be a difficult entry, just a standard entry that doesn't look so stalked and out of place. Say, a simple BI choctaw entry which is the most basic of the basics. I'm not suggesting a counter counter entry here.

I'm not a skater thus I don't understand what you said. Can you explain it with videos? If this is not too time consuming request. :)

Shayuki

Record Breaker
I'm not a skater thus I don't understand what you said. Can you explain it with videos? If this is not too time consuming request. :)
Well, actually that was a very stupid thing of me to say because that's the entry she does. The BI choctaw entry is when she switches to the other foot right before doing the axel itself. As I said, it's the most basic of the basics. Just, the stalking is a problem.

Well, on the other hand, Medvedeva gets away with a similar entry to hers. Maybe it's not a disaster.