There's been little coverage of this asides from a picture on the IFS magazine's Facebook page and this article (there are a few more, but none in English):
There's also a small fan page on Facebook that was started up on July 6, 2014:
Thoughts? Lots of questions from me, including:
- Who will have to acquire new citizenship? One or both partners?
- Where shall the pair train? He was last training with Katya in Odintsovo and she was last training in Novi, Michigan.
- Who will coach the pair? Will he move to the US so that her coach Igor Shpilband will coach them? (They'll share ice time with Cappellini / Lanotte?)
- How are they covering their finances? I understand that Isabella is from a very wealthy family.
- Will the Russian skating federation release Ilia?
- When will they actually compete, as they will have to sit out one year due to the change in nationality?