Inline or quad skates? | Golden Skate

Inline or quad skates?

MalAssada

Medalist
So, in a quick explanation: My country, Brazil, has no permanent ice rinks and they are in terrible condition, so I realised that the closest to figure skating I can be is by roller skating.

Then comes the question: Inlines or quads?

I currently have very basic artistic quad skates that are too old and small for me (I was 10 when I got them :p). Of course I will need other skates, hence the question.

-Which one feels more like ice?
-For the called "artistic roller skating", which one would be better to mimic spins and jumps?

And depending on what you answer:
-What are the best brands with good prices for a beginner - no more than 300 dollars?

Thank you very much!

FSGMT

Record Breaker
The one more similar to ice skating is inline skating, but the one that actually gives you more possibilities to perform jumps/spins (if you know how, obviously ;) ) is quad skating... Inline skaters usually perform nothing more than cheated 3T/3S and very poor spins, while with quad skates we've even seen 3As.
The boots are the same used in ice skating (except for the Edea Fly, which is very expensive, and has an Ice version), then you need wheels and a "plate" (I don't know how to say it in English). You can visit www.roll-line.it for roller equipment :)

MalAssada

Medalist
I'm a newbie to skating, so forgive me for stupid questions... You don't think complete skates are good?

Thanks for the reply!

MalAssada

Medalist
Skates, not just boots or wheels, like the ones you mentioned... The website was in Italian, that didn't help :(

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Skates, not just boots or wheels, like the ones you mentioned... The website was in Italian, that didn't help :(
Of course you can find roller skates already assembled (inline or quad) but I don't really know about them, we usually choose the different parts of the skate separately and then the owners of the "skates store" near my house assemble them, sorry... Anyway, for the boots and the frame (I discovered this is the word :biggrin: ) beginners here usually choose Edea Esordio/Rondò (roller skaters usually choose Edea boots, but you can have Risport, too, of course) and a Variant frame. (You have to choose the wheels basing on the type of floor you have to skate on)

MalAssada

Medalist
A month later, here am I: I contacted several sellers and asked them for advice regarding both skates and coaches. The price of skates here is insane: Skates with the most simple Risport boots cost $700. Prices go up to $1500. Second bad news is that the state I am moving to doesn't even have a skating club, and I failed to find a single teacher, so I guess skating will have to wait until I move... Again. Hopefully to the south of the country, where skating is a common sport.

Thanks for all the help!