Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: U.S. Coaches- what do you think?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by NYscorp6 View Post
    I'm trying to give Frank Carroll some slack this season, I wasn't happy when Grace went to him last year. However he seemed to keep "his" drama in check and I was pleased with her overall results. I still tend to cringe when I see his face though.
    Frank expects total commitment from his skaters and with Mirai i think that was in question at times. Gracie seems much more disciplined and motivated.

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Frank expects total commitment from his skaters and with Mirai i think that was in question at times. Gracie seems much more disciplined and motivated.
    No need to bring subjective comments about Nagasu into this thread.

Her life circumstances and Gold's are/were very different, as many GS threads have discussed.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    It seems Frank just wasn't the best fit for Mirai for a variety of reasons. That doesn't mean anything is wrong with either of them.

People need different things. That's actually okay and just because one coach's approach doesn't work for one skater, that never means the coach is an inherently bad coach or bad person nor does it mean that the skater is undisciplined or at fault. (And it's been mentioned before as well, but really, how is it even remotely realistic to think anyone can compete on the elite level, consistently make the top 10 at U.S. Nationals and not be motivated or disciplined or train hard? When people start throwing around that notion, we must remember that it is all quite relative. Mirai might be undisciplined compared to Evan or some other notoriously hard trainer, but I'm pretty sure triple jumps are not like riding a bike and she is more disciplined than the majority of us sitting in front of our screens).

Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    No need to bring subjective comments about Nagasu into this thread.

Her life circumstances and Gold's are/were very different, as many GS threads have discussed.
    Quote Originally Posted by louisa05 View Post
    It seems Frank just wasn't the best fit for Mirai for a variety of reasons. That doesn't mean anything is wrong with either of them.

People need different things. That's actually okay and just because one coach's approach doesn't work for one skater, that never means the coach is an inherently bad coach or bad person nor does it mean that the skater is undisciplined or at fault. (And it's been mentioned before as well, but really, how is it even remotely realistic to think anyone can compete on the elite level, consistently make the top 10 at U.S. Nationals and not be motivated or disciplined or train hard? When people start throwing around that notion, we must remember that it is all quite relative. Mirai might be undisciplined compared to Evan or some other notoriously hard trainer, but I'm pretty sure triple jumps are not like riding a bike and she is more disciplined than the majority of us sitting in front of our screens).

I agree with both of you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2