2014 GPF Barcelona website, tickets, other information | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2014 GPF Barcelona website, tickets, other information

TMC

Record Breaker
Come and say hi, don't be shy ;)

I will! :yay:

I love staying in hotels - there's someting in the gorgeous, clean sheets that makes me feel pampered (and now it sounds like I never change mine at home :laugh: ), but my husband is really excited about couchsurfing and would like to try that some time. This might be a good chance! Does anyone have experience?

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Yes, shops and streets (especially in the city centre) are decorated during Christmas, more or less from the end of November until the second week of January. Last year (and the previous one if I'm not mistaken), an ice rink was placed in Plaça Catalunya during that period of time too. The area is usually very full of people, both tourists and local people shopping, but it's a nice place to have a walk the weeks before Christmas. Around the Cathedral you'll find a Christmas Market, too.
This sounds great! Looking forward to it even more now.

What is the weather like in December in Barcelona?
I'm guessing it's far enough south that it doesn't get terribly cold?

FS_rrb

On the Ice
This sounds great! Looking forward to it even more now.

What is the weather like in December in Barcelona?
I'm guessing it's far enough south that it doesn't get terribly cold?

Ooops sorry I'm reading this now...a little late, I'm afraid :eek::. The weather here is very warm, and even in December temperature rarely drops bellow 10ºC. It depends on where you come from, but I guess that for most people that's not cold at all. High humidity might be annoying sometimes, and temperature seems lower than it actually is...but one wouldn't call it cold by any means.

pandaatlarge

On the Ice
Hi all, I would like to ask a question to those who are planning to go, will you be interested in something like a travel guidance to the GPF venue, incl. transportation, accommodation, food&drink, where to find WiFi and so on? I've been to CCIB last month and wrote something like that in my mother tongue. If some GSers would find it helpful then I'll write one in English. THX.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Hi all, I would like to ask a question to those who are planning to go, will you be interested in something like a travel guidance to the GPF venue, incl. transportation, accommodation, food&drink, where to find WiFi and so on? I've been to CCIB last month and wrote something like that in my mother tongue. If some GSers would find it helpful then I'll write one in English. THX.

Yes, please. And thanks in advance :) I'll be there too, at least I hope so.

Poice

Final Flight
Hi all :) Can someone help me? I want to go to GPF but I have question about tickets. I know they're selling them for sessions, but how this thing works? I compered all-events tickets with sessions that I'm interested in and they didn't match. Does this mean that they're selling the same seats for two people? (one with all-event ticket, one with session ticket?). Sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm just confused :(

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Yes, I'd be interested in anything you can provide.
Helpful information can only be... helpful! :-D

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Hi all :) Can someone help me? I want to go to GPF but I have question about tickets. I know they're selling them for sessions, but how this thing works? I compered all-events tickets with sessions that I'm interested in and they didn't match. Does this mean that they're selling the same seats for two people? (one with all-event ticket, one with session ticket?). Sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm just confused :(
Not sure how you can compare Individual session tickets with All Event tickets - and find any discrepency?
An All Event ticket should simply give access to all the Individual sessions.

The calendar on the official site may you help match up what each individual ticket is for:

Date Time Activity
11/12/2014 14:00 LADIES JUNIOR – Short program
11/12/2014 15:05 DANCE JUNIOR – Short program
11/12/2014 16:20 MEN JUNIOR – Short program
11/12/2014 17:25 PAIR JUNIOR – Short program

11/12/2014 19:45 Opening ceremony
11/12/2014 20:15 PAIR SENIOR – Short program
11/12/2014 21:30 LADIES SENIOR – Short program

12/12/2014 14:30 LADIES JUNIOR – Free program
12/12/2014 15:40 DANCE JUNIOR – Free program
12/12/2014 17:00 MEN JUNIOR – Free program
12/12/2014 18:15 PAIR JUNIOR – Free program
12/12/2014 19:45 DANCE SENIOR – Short program
12/12/2014 21:00 MEN SENIOR – Short program

13/12/2014 16:00 PAIR SENIOR – Free program
13/12/2014 17:25 LADIES SENIOR – Free program
13/12/2014 19:25 DANCE SENIOR – Free program
13/12/2014 20:45 MEN SENIOR – Free program

14/12/2014 12:00 Exhibition

(Tickets for practices are separate sessions not listed above)

On the ticket-buying site, look at the start time for each (non-practice) ticket... it should match one of the bold event start times above.

I would assume that an individual ticket includes every competition from its start time, up to the start time of the next ticket (note that the next ticket might be a practice session not listed above).

eg.
Ticket for 11/12/2014 14:00 should include Junior Ladies SP, Junor Dance SD, Junior Mens SP, Junior Pairs SP.
Then the next ticket 11/12/2014 19:45 should include Opening Ceremony, Senior Pairs SP, Ladies pairs SP.
etc etc.

Be sure to add up the costs of the tickets you want, and make sure it isn't cheaper to just buy an All Event ticket!

BTW, pretty sure they aren't selling the same seats twice, once for All Event and once for Individual sessions :-D That would be chaos, there would be fights and riots...! If a seat has already been taken (or allocated) for an All Event ticket, it simply won't be available to buy for an Individual session ticket. And vice versa.

unico

Final Flight
@Poice, I know what you meant about the site appearing to sell individual tickets for the seats already bought in the all-event option, I checked it out yesterday and I think it was just a glitch with the system. YesWay is right and now the problem should be corrected.

@pandaatlarge A guide would be so helpful! :yay:

Poice

Final Flight
YesWay and shingalas - thank you for help :D Now everything is clear :) I asked about individual tickets because I can only be on 13th :(

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Hey guys. It'll be my first time at GPF event. Will there be something like signing sessions with skaters where I can take a picture with them or ask them sign something for me? Or I should catch them somewhere out of the rink myself? I'm sorry if the question is dumb :)

carotide

Rinkside
Hello everyone!
have this crazy idea of going last minute and I have a question: how do all-event tickets work? I mean, if I buy one then I have to go to each competition, or am I free to go only for the senior, for example?

Alba

Record Breaker
Hello everyone!
have this crazy idea of going last minute and I have a question: how do all-event tickets work? I mean, if I buy one then I have to go to each competition, or am I free to go only for the senior, for example?

Yes. You can go or skip whatever event you like.

@All: I'll post this here as well

A friend of mine has two tickets (All events) for GPF in a Barcellona.
FRONT row seats (on the judges side) F1 Zona 56- 67, seats no. 44 & 45.
257.50 Euro each. Tickets can be sold separate as well.

Contact me in private so I can give you her contact info.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
I was just looking at the photos of the rink being contructed

Is it just me, or does the ceiling look rather low? o_O
Such that people on the back/18th row might have their heads bumping into the ceiling... and beyond?!

Unless the slope of the seating is very shallow - but it doesn't look that way (and that would introduce "nice view of back of person in front's head" issues of its own...)

Hopefully it is just an illusion...! :-D