Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2014 GPF Barcelona website, tickets, other information

Custom Title
    I was wondering, actually, does Barcelona have special things for December, what with it being the weeks before Christmas? Like shops and streets being decorated?

On the Ice
    Yes, shops and streets (especially in the city centre) are decorated during Christmas, more or less from the end of November until the second week of January. Last year (and the previous one if I'm not mistaken), an ice rink was placed in Plaça Catalunya during that period of time too. The area is usually very full of people, both tourists and local people shopping, but it's a nice place to have a walk the weeks before Christmas. Around the Cathedral you'll find a Christmas Market, too.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sigrid View Post
    The event is in the CCIB, we know it as "Forum building", it's at the end of Diagonal Avenue and very close to a mall and the metro and with a few hotels around. It looks like a nice place, I already got my tickets and booked my hotel.

If you need any kind of translation let me know

The individual tickets aren't by event but by session: Thursday has 2 sessions: 1 with the juniors and 1 with 2 senior events; Friday, Saturday and Sunday have only 1 session.

In this link posted previously by Golden411 you have it: https://twitter.com/Hieloespanol/sta...38959360970752
    Thanks for the info. Just wondering when would those session tickets be available. Now it seems only season pack is being sold.

Quote Originally Posted by FS_rrb View Post
    Yes, shops and streets (especially in the city centre) are decorated during Christmas, more or less from the end of November until the second week of January. Last year (and the previous one if I'm not mistaken), an ice rink was placed in Plaça Catalunya during that period of time too. The area is usually very full of people, both tourists and local people shopping, but it's a nice place to have a walk the weeks before Christmas. Around the Cathedral you'll find a Christmas Market, too.
    Oh why did you have to write this.....I'd just made up my mind that I wouldn't go because going would mean scrimping on so many things in order to save up for flights and such.....and now I'm back to "come hell or high water, I'm going!"!

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    Oh why did you have to write this.....I'd just made up my mind that I wouldn't go because going would mean scrimping on so many things in order to save up for flights and such.....and now I'm back to "come hell or high water, I'm going!"!
    Don't blame me, I just told the truth . Now it's all up to you!

Don't blame me, I just told the truth . Now it's all up to you!
    I think I'll only go if I can be guaranteed a meet & greet with the Orange Team - I love them!!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    I think I'll only go if I can be guaranteed a meet & greet with the Orange Team - I love them!!!
    Come and say hi, don't be shy

Quote Originally Posted by sigrid View Post
    Come and say hi, don't be shy
    I will!

I love staying in hotels - there's someting in the gorgeous, clean sheets that makes me feel pampered (and now it sounds like I never change mine at home ), but my husband is really excited about couchsurfing and would like to try that some time. This might be a good chance! Does anyone have experience?

Custom Title
    This sounds great! Looking forward to it even more now.

What is the weather like in December in Barcelona?
    I'm guessing it's far enough south that it doesn't get terribly cold?

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by YesWay View Post
    This sounds great! Looking forward to it even more now.

What is the weather like in December in Barcelona?
    I'm guessing it's far enough south that it doesn't get terribly cold?
    Ooops sorry I'm reading this now...a little late, I'm afraid . The weather here is very warm, and even in December temperature rarely drops bellow 10ºC. It depends on where you come from, but I guess that for most people that's not cold at all. High humidity might be annoying sometimes, and temperature seems lower than it actually is...but one wouldn't call it cold by any means.

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar

News

Single tickets for Grand Prix Final 2014 Barcelona from 10 euros. Available from Wednesday 15th!

Wed, Oct 15.

via @ISU_Reporter

Medalist
    Hi all, I would like to ask a question to those who are planning to go, will you be interested in something like a travel guidance to the GPF venue, incl. transportation, accommodation, food&drink, where to find WiFi and so on? I've been to CCIB last month and wrote something like that in my mother tongue. If some GSers would find it helpful then I'll write one in English. THX.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    pandaatlarge, I hope you will write a travel guide!

umm...
    Quote Originally Posted by pandaatlarge View Post
    Hi all, I would like to ask a question to those who are planning to go, will you be interested in something like a travel guidance to the GPF venue, incl. transportation, accommodation, food&drink, where to find WiFi and so on? I've been to CCIB last month and wrote something like that in my mother tongue. If some GSers would find it helpful then I'll write one in English. THX.
    Yes, please. And thanks in advance I'll be there too, at least I hope so.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast