Skate Milwaukee July 9-13 | Golden Skate

Skate Milwaukee July 9-13

breathesgelatin

Final Flight
Competitors include:
Ladies: Ashley Cain, Hannah Miller, Barbie Long

Great opportunity for these potential candidates for the Skate America TBA spot to face off head to head! :yay:

(I'd say Ashley has the edge over the other two at this point though)

sandjohnson

Rinkside
I was at the short program. I don't have a lot of details, but here is the order of finish. 1. Hannah Miller 2. Ashley Cain 3. Barbie Long. I think Hannah did a triple-triple. Ashley had trouble with her jumps. 4th place to Arianna (sp), who had an absolutely beautiful step sequence.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
181 means 117 for FS!! :clap: Now I really hope she'll come back this season :yes: I was so sad last year when she had a disastrous season after those wonderful 2012 JGP competitions...
155 doesn't seem very good for Ashley if she wants the SA spot :think:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I wouldn't read too much into Ashley's score. Broadmoor was only 2 weeks ago; I'd imagine it would be really hard to turn around the produce the same level of performance, especially in the summer season.

Great job, Hannah! :clap:

Ginmill08

Spectator
Hannah has been injured for two years. Surgery in July last year. Healthy now. Will be fun to watch this year!!

Ginmill08

Spectator
Just found her FS info online
Perseverance” by Michele McLaughlin and “Illumination” by Jennifer Thomas

I hope thats right.

breathesgelatin

Final Flight
Any information about Hannah's FS music?

Is she gonna do JGP next season?

The info about her music is on her website - looks like a couple of people already posted.

I would speculate she'd like to move up to seniors... but to do that, one of the following needs to happen:

1. She is invited to the remaining TBD spot at Skate America. Presumably, Sami Cesario, Ashley Cain, and Barbie Long are also hoping for that spot. There's at least a chance Sami or Ashley get an invitation somewhere else, and that may be what USFS is waiting on.
2. She is selected by USFS to attend a Senior B/Challenger Series event.

My understanding is that due to her rough season last year, she's pretty low down the list for a spot on the Senior GP, other than the Skate America host spot. Plus, the US ladies are nearly maxed out with 3 US ladies at most GP events (only ones with two US ladies are Skate America (pending the TBD spot), Skate Canada, and CoR now that Lam has scratched).

Another factor is that the US's spots on the ladies JGP are reduced this year due to the less than stellar showing at Junior Worlds 2014.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Hannah 181 total ...

Thx for all the scores, Ginmill. :)
(181.54 to be super-exact ;), per Miller's mother.)

181 means 117 for FS!! :clap: Now I really hope she'll come back this season :yes: I was so sad last year when she had a disastrous season after those wonderful 2012 JGP competitions...

FWIW, for comparison: Gracie Gold's FS last year scored 113.96 at Skate Milwaukee.