Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Zhang and Bartholomay Withdraw from GP; split

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Two more throwback images of Felicia and Nate, tied to the Skate for Hope show in May ... their final performance together, AFAIK?

Joyful photo of partners having fun together:

SFH poster showcasing them:

Currently frozen as a popsicle Chemistry66's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Maybe Felicia decided that nothing could possibly top last season and so it is time to explore rest-of-my-life possibilities.
    Yeah, she's only 20 so it's a good time for her to do the full time school thing.

Gracious and seemingly upbeat reply tweet from Zhang:

HeatherC ‏@kwanfan1212
    @felicia_zhang So bummed that I'll no longer see you skate but thankful I was in Boston to see you make the Olys team! All the best to you!!
    10:20 AM - 16 Jul 2014
    https://twitter.com/kwanfan1212/stat...59624429367296

@felicia_zhang
    @kwanfan1212 thanks Heather for all of your support these past years! Means a lot to us! All the best
    11:19 AM - 16 Jul 2014
    https://twitter.com/felicia_zhang/st...74444398960641

Wishful thinking, perhaps, but "Means a lot to us!" suggests to me that Z/B still have (present tense) an active friendship even though their skating partnership has ended.

I think it's still a strong friendship as well. Neither of them have changed their Twitter bios and are still listed as each other's partnership. Zhang's is more specific-- that she was a 2014 Olympian with Nate. But still I thin it's noteworthy that neither have removed their reference to the other.

Ice is slippery.
    I really enjoyed this pair last season and it makes me sad to see they're splitting I'll miss them but wishing the best for both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Maybe Felicia decided that nothing could possibly top last season and so it is time to explore rest-of-my-life possibilities.
    Another beautiful smile from Felicia at the White House ... this one as the President shakes her hand :

@NateBartholomay just tweeted an Instagram of himself at a ball game with both Zhang and Donlan.

Seems to indicate that things remain amicable (at the very least?? ) between the former skating partners -- and are amicable between them and his new skating partner.

ETA:

Seems that Felicia and Nate threw out the first pitch at the Rays game.

@NateBartholomay
    Just threw first pitch at the rays game with @felicia_zhang in a sit lift!! Perfect strike! Hoping it makes #sportscenter!
    5:14 PM - 28 Jul 2014
    https://twitter.com/NateBartholomay/...12315884867587 (emphasis added)

Photo of Z/B's lift as Felicia prepares to throw the first pitch:

MLB/Rays video :

Photo showing Z/B's lift on the field (thx to OrioleBeagle at FSU):

In the first photo, I think that they are with Lyndon Johnston, one of Z/B's coaches? Rusty seems to be Rusty Kath, an announcer-type person for the Rays (and for US Figure Skating??).

ETA:
    @rustykath
    Big night for me: my work with the #Rays & @USFigureSkating comes together as @felicia_zhang and @NateBartholomay throw the first pitch.
    2:06 PM - 28 Jul 2014
    https://twitter.com/rustykath/status/493865197011222528

Yes Rusty does a lot of emcee work at USFSA events, like giving a family upgraded tickets or doing entertainment/trivia when there's an ice resurfacing.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4