Any Senior Skating Competitions In August? | Golden Skate

Any Senior Skating Competitions In August?

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
This afternoon, I got a private message on Facebook from a skater I am good friends with, asking if I knew of any international competitions in August. She has been trying to find something that she could enter over the summer, but has not had any luck.

Funnily enough, I had actually printed out a copy of the ISU calender a few days ago ( http://static.isu.org/media/147039/1864-fs-intl-comps-2014-2015.pdf ). There were a couple of events at the start of August but, unfortunately, they are on the other side of the world.

6th - 10th August: Asian Open (Taipei)
14th - 16th August: Skate Down Under (New Zealand)

Apart from Junior Grand Prix events later on in August, the first European events I know about are at the end of September.

18th - 21st September: Lombardia Trophy (Milan)
25th - 27th September: Nebelhorn Trophy (Oberstdorf)

But, there might be other competitions that I don't know about. Smaller ones put on by national federations that might let in foreign entrants.

I always try to help out this girl as much as I can. She is a really promising young skater, and she has impressed a lot of people this past season. And I am not just saying that because we are friends. The fact she is on the GP entry list for this coming season says a lot...

So, can anybody help?

CaroLiza_fan

BusyMom

Medalist
Are you looking for the competitions specifically in Europe? It will be difficult to enter any events in August since most of the deadline usually is at least 6 weeks prior to the actual competitions. Maybe September is more likely. My friend's niece will be travel to Canada in September for some competitions. Might not be the destinations you've been looking for.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Are you looking for the competitions specifically in Europe? It will be difficult to enter any events in August since most of the deadline usually is at least 6 weeks prior to the actual competitions. Maybe September is more likely. My friend's niece will be travel to Canada in September for some competitions. Might not be the destinations you've been looking for.

Yeah, it is getting a bit tight for getting entires in for August competitions. Which is why my friend is getting desperate.

Well, I was just thinking about Europe for handiness for my friend (she lives in Central Europe). But, her GP is in the Far East, so she might be willing to travel before then. I never actually thought of asking about if she had any travel limitations.

Hey, I'm sure there are people elsewhere in the world in the same boat, so let's not restrict this thread to Europe.

You know, I do find it funny that a girl who is skating against the best in the world asked for help from a normal guy in the middle of Northern Ireland who doesn't even skate! But she knows I am on Golden Skate, and hence am able to ask a large number of people if they know of anything.

This really is a great place for finding out stuff! ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Let me guess...Anna Ovcharova? :)

Flamin' 'eck! I was trying to give her a bit of privacy! Was it that obvious?!

Like, I know I had to say "Central Europe", but that didn't have to be Switzerland. It could also have been Germany, Austria, the Czech Republic...

And it could very easily have been a Czech, as I have also helped out a Czech skater a few times in the past (e.g. I did a survey as part of her research for a Uni essay). And there just happens to be a young Czech girl doing the GP Series this year... but that is a different skater.

So, I guess you guys just know me too well! ;)

CaroLiza_fan

96skiluvr

On the Ice
Flamin' 'eck! I was trying to give her a bit of privacy! Was it that obvious?!

Like, I know I had to say "Central Europe", but that didn't have to be Switzerland. It could also have been Germany, Austria, the Czech Republic...

And it could very easily have been a Czech, as I have also helped out a Czech skater a few times in the past (e.g. I did a survey as part of her research for a Uni essay). And there just happens to be a young Czech girl doing the GP Series this year... but that is a different skater.

So, I guess you guys just know me too well! ;)

CaroLiza_fan

Not too obvious, I just used process of elimination :) You said her GP was in the Far East, which narrowed it down to 2 events. Based on what you were saying, I guessed it wasn't an American/Russian/Canadian/Japanese/Chinese skater, so I figured either Gjersem or Ovcharova. I know that Ovcharova is pretty active on social media, particularly with fans, so I guessed her :)