Quadruple toe loop | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Quadruple toe loop

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
^Oh, that's a nice better quad than the one Drivingmissdaisy linked to. I still wouldn't put Sandhu's quad anywhere on my list since he couldn't hit it 99% of the time and usually had little flow or height, but again, everyone has their own taste.

Was Stojko's quad really consistent? I remember him falling or mucking it up... a lot. Granted, many of those falls/muck-ups came post-1998 and the horrible injury he had gone through. Comparison to Plushenko doesn't really stand because Plushenko's quad is of far better quality than Stojko's. I would say Stojko has the most influential quad, though not the best one. And he was consistent on it compared to his contemporaries (Urmanov, Kulik... and Eldredge who somehow stayed in the medal hunt with no quad at all), and could land the quad in combination, which was unheard of at the time.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
^Oh, that's a nice better quad than the one Drivingmissdaisy linked to. I still wouldn't put Sandhu's quad anywhere on my list since he couldn't hit it 99% of the time and usually had little flow or height, but again, everyone has their own taste.

Was Stojko's quad really consistent? I remember him falling or mucking it up... a lot. Granted, many of those falls/muck-ups came post-1998 and the horrible injury he had gone through. Comparison to Plushenko doesn't really stand because Plushenko's quad is of far better quality than Stojko's. I would say Stojko has the most influential quad, though not the best one. And he was consistent on it compared to his contemporaries (Urmanov, Kulik... and Eldredge who somehow stayed in the medal hunt with no quad at all), and could land the quad in combination, which was unheard of at the time.

Stojko had muckups, but yes, his consistency with the quad was greater than most of the field, and of course the first man to land a quad-triple. I agree that he has the most influential one (other than maybe Kurt).

I agree that Sandhu wouldn't be on my list because he was very inconsistent with it, but I disagree that it lacked height or flow when he did hit it. That being said, Hanyu and Chan are far superior in their quads overall than Sandhu, but Sandhu I still appreciated for how "clean" it looked when he did it right. His quad kinda reminds me of Polina's jumps how straight and lovely the axis is.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
^The one you linked to did have good flow and height. The one Drivingmissdaisy linked to, not so much (and the same goes for the rest of his jumps). Still not a good case for Sandhu, imo, not compared to Plushenko/Hanyu/Chan/Goebel (or even Yagudin, Stojko, Joubert, ect.)

I would actually say Stojko had the more influential quad than Kurt, because Kurt didn't include the quad in his programs on a regular basis, and the rest of the field didn't start quad-jumping until Stojko.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
i would vote for Javier or Hanyu, Hanyu's WTT one was just :love:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
So, we've seen the usual suspects do their wonderful 4T, how about some UNusual suspects?
Does anyone have a great 4T from this season NOT done by Fernandez, Mura and Yuzu?
I was thinking of the Euro guys, but IIIRC, they are mostly Salchow Jumpers.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
So, we've seen the usual suspects do their wonderful 4T, how about some UNusual suspects?
Does anyone have a great 4T from this season NOT done by Fernandez, Mura and Yuzu?
I was thinking of the Euro guys, but IIIRC, they are mostly Salchow Jumpers.

Richard Dornbush had one that elicited a very cute "Good Boy" out of the Eurosports commentor at Cup of China.
https://youtu.be/V3V7sHtIta4?t=47