Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron

Mia29

On the Ice
News about her health :

Hello everybody,
As many of you may have heard about it, I had 12 days ago an accident during training that costed me a concussion (traumatic brain injury). I have since then memory, balance and focus issues, added to a big tiredness that stop me coming back on the ice. My body, thought, is perfectly fine. The doctors are of course very optimistic about my situation, as nothing has been seen on the X-rays and my symptoms slowly shade off.
I'm going to a specialized clinique in Montreal and very good doctors are taking care of me. But the brain is a mysterious machine who needs time to recover which can't be prognosticated. I'm curing myself with rest to avoid any prolongation and complications of the symptoms and can't wait to be back on the ice !
Thanks all for your messages. See you soon,
Gabriella

https://www.facebook.com/figureskatingmag/posts/10154173820607538

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I'm glad she's so rational about it. Health is the most important. Hope she'll rest well and have fast recovery :)

Pika

Final Flight
Oh no... This seems pretty serious :disapp: hope she can fully recover quickly !!

Bahar

Rinkside
I hope she will get well soon. She is too young. Of course no matter what her age is, it is something really bad for all people,but i feel worse when young people have serious problems about their health.
Get well soon Gabby.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
12 days of aftereffects from a concussion is serious indeed. I hope she in no way rushes her recovery. And I wish her all the best. They are a rare talent.

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
I just hope they don't rush it. Better to wait a bit longer and be ready. And make sure of no long term consequences.

Pika

Final Flight
She seems to be following the doctors advice, and there's still no word on their comeback on ice, it's a good thing, meaning they won't speed it up. Gabriella is young, she has good chances to fully recover, I think they know it would be too bad to ruin her carrier. Better skip one season (and it's not on olympic one, luckily) than all the coming ones.

Pika

Final Flight
From icenetwork :
On the mend: On Sept. 2, the French Skating Federation reported that Gabriella Papadakis suffered a concussion during a fall in practice. Dubreuil, a two-time world silver medalist with Lauzon, is no stranger to this injury, having sustained a serious concussion during a rehearsal for the Canadian reality TV competition Battle of the Blades in 2007.

"Like an idiot, I kept skating, and I'm still having side effects," Dubreuil said. "I was firm with [Papadakis] that she would not skate until she was mentally and physically strong enough. She is 20 years old and has a whole lifetime ahead of her.

"They were back on the ice for the first time (Monday), for 20 minutes. We will see how she feels, if she has any headaches, and if not, we will add more each day. We are doing this very carefully."On the mend: On Sept. 2, the French Skating Federation reported that Gabriella Papadakis suffered a concussion during a fall in practice. Dubreuil, a two-time world silver medalist with Lauzon, is no stranger to this injury, having sustained a serious concussion during a rehearsal for the Canadian reality TV competition Battle of the Blades in 2007.

"Like an idiot, I kept skating, and I'm still having side effects," Dubreuil said. "I was firm with [Papadakis] that she would not skate until she was mentally and physically strong enough. She is 20 years old and has a whole lifetime ahead of her.

"They were back on the ice for the first time (Monday), for 20 minutes. We will see how she feels, if she has any headaches, and if not, we will add more each day. We are doing this very carefully."

I guess we will know more after the press conference held this morning about the Masters.
Hoping the best !!

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Thank you for the information! They seem to be reasonable about Gabi's injury so I'm pretty sure everything will be alright, sooner or later :)

Pika

Final Flight
Yes ! Having someone in the team (and not just anyone) that aware of the situation is a good thing, they won't neglect the problem.