Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron | Page 65 | Golden Skate

Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron

Camille1409

On the Ice
Hi There !
My name is Camille, I am 21 years old and I am from France.
I discovered the forum after the EC 2107, looking (chasing desperately in fact :laugh:) for a french interview about Gabriella and Guillaume (I found it in the thread. Thanks guys for your amazing work !!)

What about Gabriella and Guillaume ? I discovered them at the EC 2015 (deadly zapped to find something to watch in fact ....), I heard their FD music and ... I stoppe and I just can't take my eyes off the screen. They were absolutely stunning.

I really really really loved watch Ice dance when I was a kid (yeah I've got this "6 year old's" big crush on Peizerat). After their retirement, I stopped watching every competition but I continued to be aware about Ice dance world. Gabriella and Guillaume just brought me back in the game :laugh:

I was really happy to find the forum and this thread especially. I read almost the 64 first pages and WOW, what a work, I'm very impress !!!

I will be very happy to take part of your discussion if you let me in ? I apologise in advance for any mistakes in my English...

Plumededragon

Medalist
Hey Camille! Don't worry, your English is just fine and we're quite a few French fans here. ;) I also used to follow Anissina/Peizerat as a teen (I discovered them coz my elementary school teacher was his mother ;)) and lost interest in ID after they retire, only to come back when Gabby/Guillaume starts shining after moving to Canada.
Welcome to the forum!

maya1985

On the Ice

Camille1409

On the Ice
Hey Camille! Don't worry, your English is just fine and we're quite a few French fans here. ;) I also used to follow Anissina/Peizerat as a teen (I discovered them coz my elementary school teacher was his mother ;)) and lost interest in ID after they retire, only to come back when Gabby/Guillaume starts shining after moving to Canada.
Welcome to the forum!

Hey, what a funny identical process !

Lucky you ! I remembered I met Peizerat's Gd parents when I was maybe 5/6 yo (they had an hotel somewhere near a thermal city) and I was unable to talk because I was so impressed about all pictures on the walls (Pretty goldfish face according to my mom 😂😂&#128514

Thanks for the nice welcome

alain06fr

On the Ice
Hi Camille, Welcome on board! :thumbsup:

I am so impressed you read the first 64 pages!
Now, don't hesitate to share your opinion, your ideas, your feelings and be sure no one cares about english mistakes in this thread.

cocotaffy

Final Flight
Welcome and Bienvenue Camille !

I bet you'll find a few of us were brought back to Ice Dance thanks to Gaby and Guillaume. I know I used to follow Anissina/Peizerat and then the notation system changed deeply affecting the style in ID which I didn't care for so much. Much more technical and acrobatic but much less choreographically sound and interesting.

Anyhow, post long and often without worrying about language, mistakes and rambling on. We're all guilty of it :biggrin:

Here is a practice clip posted by Sam Chouinard for your daily P/C fix, lovely camera work, it feels we're skating with them
https://www.instagram.com/p/BQRNiJVg-sd/

ETA: Camille puis-je te conseiller si tu ne le connais pas deja, le forum francais Passion Patinage ou tu peux partager tes pensees en francais (plus facile parfois) http://www.passion-patinage.com/forum/index.php

Last edited:

Pika

Final Flight
Welcome Camille! I share your "6 years old Peizerat crush" hehe :laugh: Post long and more often than me :cool:

Last edited:

Camille1409

On the Ice
Hi Camille, Welcome on board! :thumbsup:

I am so impressed you read the first 64 pages!
Now, don't hesitate to share your opinion, your ideas, your feelings and be sure no one cares about english mistakes in this thread.

Aahaha insomnia is my BFF since few days so I have a lot of time to read the thread

I will be really happy to discuss with you in the next days !!

Camille1409

On the Ice
Welcome and Bienvenue Camille !

I bet you'll find a few of us were brought back to Ice Dance thanks to Gaby and Guillaume. I know I used to follow Anissina/Peizerat and then the notation system changed deeply affecting the style in ID which I didn't care for so much. Much more technical and acrobatic but much less choreographically sound and interesting.

Anyhow, post long and often without worrying about language, mistakes and rambling on. We're all guilty of it :biggrin:

Here is a practice clip posted by Sam Chouinard for your daily P/C fix, lovely camera work, it feels we're skating with them
https://www.instagram.com/p/BQRNiJVg-sd/

ETA: Camille puis-je te conseiller si tu ne le connais pas deja, le forum francais Passion Patinage ou tu peux partager tes pensees en francais (plus facile parfois) http://www.passion-patinage.com/forum/index.php

You seemed to know a lot about technical, if you want to share with me your knowledge I will be happy because I read FFSG and ISU rules but it's still a little confused

I saw Chouinard's video when I woke up and he definitely made my day :)

I read Passion patinage, but I didn't like their posts so much. I thought they were a little bit too critical and disagreeable about the EC 2017. Well I prefer this thread

cocotaffy

Final Flight
Sam Chouinard posted a short video about the beginning of the FD. It seems more "wild" less "pure" maybe because of the video effect idk

https://instagram.com/p/BQTi-LBg_Mo/

Thanks for the link. I'm thrilled they chose to bring back the original opening with the crossed arms. It's much more meaningful to the FD than the Euros opening pose. I hope Sam Chouinard will help them to bring the right level of intensity in the first part. The Euro version was already getting better. I hope he'll keep posting to ease the wait till Worlds.

Spot

On the Ice
Like someone said on FSU, I wish we could have the entire dance filmed this way! It's amazing to feel like we are skating with them!

Camille1409

On the Ice
Thanks for the link. I'm thrilled they chose to bring back the original opening with the crossed arms. It's much more meaningful to the FD than the Euros opening pose. I hope Sam Chouinard will help them to bring the right level of intensity in the first part. The Euro version was already getting better. I hope he'll keep posting to ease the wait till Worlds.

YES ! I re-re-re-watched Trophée de France, GPF and EC videos to compare the variation between programs. And I really think the original opening is more meaningful. I would like to see at the WC the """painful/instense meaning""" part after the twizzles last a little long time because I can understand people who found the Step part maybe too long. But a the same time, I found the FD at the EC more intense and definitely faster. They should put the GPF FD and EC FD in a mixer and it could be the good way to the podium :laugh: :hap93:

cocotaffy

Final Flight
YES ! I re-re-re-watched Trophée de France, GPF and EC videos to compare the variation between programs. And I really think the original opening is more meaningful. I would like to see at the WC the """painful/instense meaning""" part after the twizzles last a little long time because I can understand people who found the Step part maybe too long. But a the same time, I found the FD at the EC more intense and definitely faster. They should put the GPF FD and EC FD in a mixer and it could be the good way to the podium :laugh: :hap93:

Exactly. Between the rawness and urgency feel of the GPF performance which was especially fitting the first part and the Euro better execution (faster and neater in the step sequences) plus the great changes right after the sit spin and the more effective rotational lift exit, they do indeed have what it takes to make a great program.
Still, they cannot afford to be behind after the SD and I'm quite worried about this one. They didn't seem to crack the code to a faultless execution. Based on last year improvement they manage to squeeze between their Euro and World SD, they can do it. The only difference is they didn't have such a difficult FD. Don't get me wrong, it was gorgeous and mesmerizing but probably less complex to put together with the right intensity which was quite peaceful, than this year's FD which is emotionally very draining it seems.

maya1985

On the Ice
I am convinced that they will improve their short dance:) (for the notes this is an another story).
The context is no longer the same as last year: the positions have been changed. For the judges, the couple number 1 is V/M far ahead, then behind there is a group with the two American couples, the other Canadians, Italians, Russians and Gabriella and Guillaume.
They will arrive at the world championships by clearly not being the favorites while they are the double holders of the title; they want to retain their title, a different result for them will be a disappointment

Last edited:

cocotaffy

Final Flight
I am convinced that they will improve their short dance:) (for the notes this is an another story).
The context is no longer the same as last year: the positions have been changed. For the judges, the couple number 1 is V/M far ahead, then behind there is a group with the two American couples, the other Canadians, Italians, Russians and Gabriella and Guillaume.
They will arrive at the world championships by clearly not being the favorites while they are the double holders of the title; they want to retain their title, a different result for them will be a disappointment

I don't think V/M are so much above in the eyes of the judges but they definitely took the advantage by coming out all skate blazing without making costly mistakes like Gaby and Guillaume. Of course, now they have their work cut out to make up their lackluster beginning of a season. Not easy to change the judges' perception especially going against a team with V/M's aura.
I also don't think P/C are placed at the same level as the other teams either. Overall standing, V/M then P/C and then Shibs strengthening their hold on the third place. But concerning the SD, if P/C keep making mistakes the Shibs could pass them again like at GPF. Provided everyone skates great, the FD however is a close race between V/M and P/C then the other teams. I believe P/C can win the FD, not by a lot but they surely can. Hadn't they make the twizzle mistake at GPF, they would have had nearly the same score I believe and they didn't have the speed and neatness they exhibited at Euro which was a weirdly scored event tbh (I think with such a skate at GPF they would have won the FD portion).

One thing is certain, they need to work like crazy and get the TES down for their SD. No other way around. They need to be sharper and more precise during the step sequences.

maya1985

On the Ice
One thing is certain, they need to work like crazy and get the TES down for their SD.

True, everything should be perfect.:luv17: My pessimism comes from the scores of Ostrava (the gap with the Italians and the russians was very low on the free program). We will see soon but it will be interesting to see the scores of the four continents (for V/M; S/S; C/B; W/P) I am convinced they will be high...
I did not say that V/M was impossible to beat it will be just very difficult even though being perfect ... but I still think to the good surprise:clapper:

alain06fr

On the Ice
My pessimism comes from the scores of Ostrava (the gap with the Italians and the russians was very low on the free program). We will see soon but it will be interesting to see the scores of the four continents (for V/M; S/S; C/B; W/P) I am convinced they will be high...

Honestly, don't pay attention to P/C scores at Europeans. Given the circumstances, they are just completely meaningless, same for Karolina or Aljona Savchenko & Bruno Massot (and some others as well). On the other hand, their SD and FD performances were just great imHo.

In any case, as Cocotaffy pointed out, Gabriella and Guillaume need to deliver perfect performances at Worlds but the same applies to their competitors. It took much more time than initially expected to build their FD. They worked like hell after Christmas to meet this objective. Since Ostrava, one clearly sees how technically and artistically powerful their FD can be. Since the Europeans, they moved to a different phase and we saw in 2015 and 2016 how great they are when it's all about pushing the limits.

Camille1409

On the Ice
I agree the FD is in a good way, some modifications must be done to make it really memorable (just as the other ones) but it is already good.
I'm a little bit worried about the SD, did they manage to do it without mistakes since the beginning of the season ? I'm totally and absolutely sure they can perform it SO well ! They are brilliant to push the limit as you said it Alain.
I hope they'll have enough time to work on both dances and do not crack under pressure.

Maya1985 My pessimism comes from V/M and their constant 1st place since they came back...

After all, I think that the most important is not to win a third WC title (please don't virtually hit me)(and I want them to win of course !) but the OG season, which will be more difficult and intense.

Can we just find a time turner to go see the WC results ?

alain06fr

On the Ice
I agree the FD is in a good way, some modifications must be done to make it really memorable (just as the other ones) but it is already good.
I'm a little bit worried about the SD, did they manage to do it without mistakes since the beginning of the season ? I'm totally and absolutely sure they can perform it SO well ! They are brilliant to push the limit as you said it Alain.

The SD in Paris was fine. As for NHK, I have never been able - so far - to find anything wrong justifying their low score and I gave up investigating once I understood (and was actually told by "someone") it was a waste of time. They also performed it cleanly at the French Nat'l but their best SD performance - even with Gabriella's mistake - was definitely in Ostrava.

According to the article published by l'Equipe right after the Europeans, Romain Haguenauer is thinking to drastically redesign their SD given "the short dance will be the cornerstone of the 2017 Worlds".

After all, I think that the most important is not to win a third WC title (please don't virtually hit me)(and I want them to win of course !) but the OG season, which will be more difficult and intense.
Can we just find a time turner to go see the WC results ?

Well, of course, the Worlds are a great goal for P/C but one should keep in mind their ultimate goal is definitely the Olympics next year.