Brian Joubert to compete in Pairs with Katrina Gerboldt for Russia | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Brian Joubert to compete in Pairs with Katrina Gerboldt for Russia

desertskates

Medalist
Totally agree! Or Johnny Weir and Lysack can do the FD since we haven't found the partner for Daisuke. :laugh: any idea for Dai's partner?

If Mirai's comeback isn't all she hopes it is this year, she can choose Japan. Team Dai-Mirai! :)

Panpie

On the Ice
Wouldn't that be stupendous?

I doubt these days, with the new lifts, that two skaters so similar in height could flourish even in ice dance, but on Planet Olympia that wouldn't be an issue. Start gathering the music!

Same here on Planet Panpie! Unrealistic or not, I would :love: to see a Suzuki/Takahashi dance team!

Esopian

Final Flight
Wow, from this news ideas are flying everywhere about who can possibly come back to form teams! :biggrin: This news makes me more excited for the upcoming season, can't wait to see what they have in store! (For the Daisuke ice dance suggestion, I think would really suit him since his knee injury is preventing him from progressing)

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Totally agree! Or Johnny Weir and Lysack can do the FD since we haven't found the partner for Daisuke. :laugh: any idea for Dai's partner?

Lysacek is a good looking tall guy, he will find no difficulties in getting a beautiful female partner if he chooses to continue his career with ice dancing.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Lysacek is a good looking tall guy, he will find no difficulties in getting a beautiful female partner if he chooses to continue his career with ice dancing.
Nah, I am not Johnny Weir's fan (mostly due to his fashion sense) but he is also quite good looking. :biggrin: he can make a good pair with Lysacek! Given that their skills are on the same level.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
But Evan will need to find a female partner who "refuses to stop competing" to qualify for the "We can't stop competing!" team. So far, I can't think of a good candidate since they need Mao and Carolina for singles. Hence, Johnny (who also seems to want to compete more... why else would the dude tweet about training quads?).

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Nah, I am not Johnny Weir's fan (mostly due to his fashion sense) but he is also quite good looking. :biggrin: he can make a good pair with Lysacek! Given that their skills are on the same level.

Do you think they can be successful despite not liking each other very much? I guess they wouldn't be the first...

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
Anissina/Piezerat are a prime example of people who apparently disliked each other very much and still a achieving quite a lot. Castelli/Shnapir too. (Very different achievements, but still.)

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
A/P still skate together in shows, don't they? I know they really couldn't stand each other in the beginning, and almost broke up, but did they dislike each other right until the end? (G/P, by contrast, stayed away from each other after winning their second OGM. Well, more like he fled from her, but still).

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
A/P still skate together in shows, don't they? I know they really couldn't stand each other in the beginning, and almost broke up, but did they dislike enough right until the end? (G/P, by contrast, stayed away from each other after winning their second OGM. Well, more like he fled from her, but still).

They do! They're a lot more amicable now, but they were infamous for how much they fought when they competed... I'd assume they're a lot better now, because Marina did mention she wanted to go for Sochi with Gwendal :think:

Oh, what could have been! :cry:

anyanka

Record Breaker
They do! They're a lot more amicable now, but they were infamous for how much they fought when they competed... I'd assume they're a lot better now, because Marina did mention she wanted to go for Sochi with Gwendal :think:

Oh, what could have been! :cry:

A/P seemed to get along well from what I heard / saw in their joint interviews at 2012 worlds. Also, she sat with Team France during the team event in Sochi as well, so I think despite their fights during competitions, there was a lot of mutual respect and appreciation between the two (and for her adopted home country, as well). It's perhaps one of those pairings where they recognized their common goal and worked through issues and differences of opinions. It's different than if they truly hated each other's guts (e.g. Mukhortova / Trankov).

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I can't wait to see it:yay: if they can do it but I believe that isn't so easy... especially the lifts.