Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Can skaters use music like hip-hop?

Yuna's fever is more like blue, but I think it can fit in hip hop category .

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by el henry View Post
    Children, children, hip hop did not start in the 2000s This is, in fact, *the* original hip hop, old school:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SrdT_ghusY

can't touch this!
    Hip Hop actually starts in the late 1960s, first in the south Bronx and a little bit later in one of the housing projects in Manhattan (not too far from where I live actually--there is one of those blue historical plaques in the park on Amsterdam Avenue commemorating it as one of the birth places of hip hop). MC Hammer was considered a major sellout by a lot of hardcore old school hip hoppers, pretty much on the level of Vanilla Ice.

Custom Title
    As long as they're not going in this direction http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02gwWZVH1fw

still fangirling for Toller... el henry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    Hip Hop actually starts in the late 1960s, first in the south Bronx and a little bit later in one of the housing projects in Manhattan (not too far from where I live actually--there is one of those blue historical plaques in the park on Amsterdam Avenue commemorating it as one of the birth places of hip hop). MC Hammer was considered a major sellout by a lot of hardcore old school hip hoppers, pretty much on the level of Vanilla Ice.
    Poor old Hammer! Growing up in Philadelphia in the 60s and 70s, with so many discussions about who was keeping it real, and who was selling out: it all made me way too tired! Now, I would much rather see some old school Philly soul than hip hop on the ice, but that was not the question...

Landing 3As in my dreams! skatedreamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    Holy moly, that's not far from my 'hood, either. I know the park -- what cross street?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4