Fantasy Pair Game | Golden Skate

Fantasy Pair Game

alebi

Medalist
Sometimes reality can surpass fantasy and that's the case of the post-Sochi season, since we're reading about all these splits and new pairs, some really unexpected! We HAVE to gain control over this situation again and unleash our imagination :biggrin:

So let's try to figure which impossible pairs we would like to see and which are their pros and cons.

Takahashi + Asada: first 3Axel side by side!! Unmatchable step sequence. Basic lift and I suspect very poor twist

Hanyu + Lipnitskaia: incredible jump combos, bielmann spin and CUTE FACTOR :eek:: As for the rest, I don't think Yuzu has the "physique du role" even given how little Yulia is :p But since they are both so competitive it would be a great show to see them skating together and pushing themselves.

Aliona + Smirnov: I admit, as soon as I read about Aliona searching for a new partner, I thought about Sasha. They are both good to watch, have great experience and maybe Sasha has the right physique to try that damn 3Axel. I can't see cons in this couple (maybe I'm a bit biased), they could have been a great problem for V/T

Moore-Towers + Radford: I think this couple can lose something in technical aspect but would be better to watch skating.

Miyahara + Mura: Satoko is so little, even she's a good jumper I think she will never be reward the right way in a senior context. Mura is the weakest of the 4 best Japanese skaters in terms of presentation. Her pros are his cons and viceversa and maybe it would be strange to watch but I would give it a try.

Miyahara + Uno: LOL... just for fun :p

...... and finally the unbeatable pair in terms of personality, jump consistence, power, skating skills and everything else.... LADIES AND GENTLEMEN...

Kim + Plushenko :bow:

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
...... and finally the unbeatable pair in terms of personality, jump consistence, power, skating skills and everything else.... LADIES AND GENTLEMEN...

Kim + Plushenko :bow:[/QUOTE]

Wonderful idea. It would be great to see a parallel Biellmann spin :)

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
what a strange team :eek: Ashley is so powerful while Adam is elegant and delicate. Their favourite jumps aren't even the same... Why do you think they can pair up? Just your desire? :)

This is "fantasy," correct? So as a "fantasy" team of best friends, each one's strengths would make the other one a better, more complete skater.
They would meet in the middle, with Ashley more elegant and Adam more powerful.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker

Kim + Plushenko :bow:

Wonderful idea. It would be great to see a parallel Biellmann spin :)

Plushy has much better chemistry with Mao and they have skated together before...Stephane would be a better match with Yuna imo.

My fantasy pairing is Maxim Trankov and Florent Amodio. :)

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I'm with Gallavich, Mao + Plushy (competing for Japan, of course). Side-by-side 3As and maybe side-by-side Y-spiral? (Plushy seems to be working on the latter in training... er, the spiral part, not the side-by-side part). Yuna seems to have more chemistry with Stephane and Patrick (both of whom have trouble with 3A, so it's better they don't team up with Mao :laugh:).

Johnny needs to be on an ice dance team, I just can't decide if it should be with friend Stephane Lambiel or frenemy Evan Lysacek. I lean on the latter because it's easier to do lifts that way.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Johnny's had a decent amount of pairs practice...he posted this the other day from Japan with Russian skater Kostya Gavrin.

I think a Johnny/Evan pairing would be rather volatile (to put it mildly). Good for :popcorn: though.

alebi

Medalist
My fantasy pairing is Maxim Trankov and Florent Amodio. :)

LOL funny! Florent can be the perfect partner for so many male skaters. Why not a Joubert - Amodio pair then? :yes:

I'm with Gallavich, Mao + Plushy (competing for Japan, of course). Side-by-side 3As and maybe side-by-side Y-spiral? (Plushy seems to be working on the latter in training... er, the spiral part, not the side-by-side part). Yuna seems to have more chemistry with Stephane and Patrick (both of whom have trouble with 3A, so it's better they don't team up with Mao :laugh:)

Plushy has so much personality that I worry even someone like Mao can't face it. For me, it would be a waste because she can disappear under his queen's aura :think: While a Mao + Daisuke would maximise both :love:

noskates

Record Breaker
A couple of these pairs should have the woman lifting the man - Kostner and Lambiel??? Wagner and Rippon?

This is too funny! Except if I'm not mistaken, Carolina is tossing Amodio Florent in the air in that picture!!!!

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Plushy has so much personality that I worry even someone like Mao can't face it. For me, it would be a waste because she can disappear under his queen's aura :think: While a Mao + Daisuke would maximise both :love:
The problem with Mao + Dai would be the height difference, or lack thereof. They might be able to work in ice dance, but pairs would be a huge challenge. Frankly, Mao + Plushy would still be a challenge, but easier than Mao + Dai. I'm sure Plushy will "accommodate" his partner and let her shine, if he chooses to compete in pairs. ;) I'm more worried about how the judges will call the side-by-side 3As--surely they won't kill Mao with URs if she's competing in pairs? :think: