Plushenko asked to skate for another country | Golden Skate

Plushenko asked to skate for another country

It makes sense. With the retirement of Davis and White Plushenko could realize his dream of competing in ice dance by switching to the USA. :yes:

MoonlightSkater

On the Ice
Note that he doesn't say "USFSA," but "people from the States." It could have been anyone, even a group of fans.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yeah right lets ask a skater who can barely compete more then once a season skate for the US that makes sense. :laugh:

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
Even if Plushy was taking this seriously (and it doesn't sound as if he is), would the Russian fed ever consider releasing him? Or is that not an issue?

cooper

Medalist
well.. he should skate for south korea for the men's team..especially the next olympics will be held there..and maybe mentor the men's team.. ala viktor ahn.. lol.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yeah right lets ask a skater who can barely compete more then once a season skate for the US that makes sense. :laugh:

Um, take a look at the US men at the Olympics.

The national champion: a total headcase, horrifically inconsistent, sometimes seems to just give up on the ice.

The young rookie: not fully consistent yet, not a lot of international rep, not a full technical arsenal yet.

It's not hard to see how, if someone had ingested perhaps a little too much of the local wine, after the team event, a man who has a full technical arsenal, is monumentally consistent, has an amazing competition head and an iron will, always gives his all and has excellent international rep with the judges might be an attractive prospect.

In all seriousness, I imagine someone was actually joking when they said this, but perhaps cultural differences/accent differences means that Plushy didn't quite pick up on the joke. It's all moot anyway: there's not a chance in hell the RuFed would ever release Plushy to skate for someone else - let alone the US!

I remember a few years ago he was asked to move to Japan and be Hanyu's coach, while still skating for Russia.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Why are there all these random, obviously joking/impossible/crazy stories about Plushy running amok on the forums this week? I mean, not that I mind, but :scratch:. It could've been a random fan from the States who asked him. And like Karne said, it's all moot: Plushy won't skate for any country but Russia, and won't get released even if he wants to leave.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Why are there all these random, obviously joking/impossible/crazy stories about Plushy running amok on the forums this week? I mean, not that I mind, but :scratch:. It could've been a random fan from the States who asked him. And like Karne said, it's all moot: Plushy won't skate for any country but Russia, and won't get released even if he wants to leave.
Agree. Not to mention Russian fed and fans love Plushy very much. He doesn't have to skate for any other fed at all.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Why are there all these random, obviously joking/impossible/crazy stories about Plushy running amok on the forums this week? I mean, not that I mind, but :scratch:

Because his haters enjoy talking about him just as much as his fans do? ;) Keep the stories coming... :laugh:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Plushenko would say anything to attract attention, the press and money:disapp:

Did you read the whole interview? I'm bored the malice of haters:disapp::disapp: who don't know anything who has no informations .... if he says anything in any article for any newspaper the media emphasize that text from which they can do a sensation. Nothing to do the money...

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Maybe they're trying to make us laugh as much as they can before he retires :think::biggrin:

whitebamboo

On the Ice
And here is the actual interview:
http://www.rg.ru/2014/07/16/plushenko-poln.html

It is a very long interview, in which he talked about many different things, on and off ice. Though yahoo has its way of picking out the one small thing mentioned in passing that (it thinks) has the best potential for spinning. No surprises there.

The entire interview is worth reading, I think. Google translate from Russian to English is actually not so bad these days, apparently. Maybe I will put a couple bits here...

On Yuzuru Hanyu and other Japanese skaters:
...And that, I want to tell you something. He jumps three quads! And all this is very stable. Were he attempts to jump a triple axel - a quadruple toe loop. And so, or nearly so in Japan, he not only rides, but Oda, Takahiko Kozuka, Tatsuki Machida, and several of the young guys. Calmly quads are in great shape. Here is a samurai! And I went with them to train.

About how he dealt with negative words from Irina Rodnina, for withdrawing from the individual competition at Sochi:
....... I am the way, and then spoke with Rodnina. She even came up to me at the ball Olympians in the Kremlin, when the president of the Olympic Committee Alexander Zhukov handed us skaters, rings with Rodnina. And did not even look me in the eye, and I was waiting for this. I ask: "Irina Konstantinova, wait ..." I said, "Thank you for the criticism, I became angrier, learned a lot." And she was out. I hugged her gently, do not let go, "Irina Konstantinova, you're a professional athlete, you're such a star, how are you so ..." Her: "It was a misunderstanding." Me: "But you can pick up the phone, call me, I'll explain everything and tell. Irina Konstantinova replies:" I did not have your number. "We talked so, as if in jest, but she heard. ...

About the endless questions of "why":
...Yes I'm still on this path alone. why am I torturing myself, feel, try to go on? And why not, why not try it?

About his relationship with Mishin:
Sure, Dad. This is my second father, who gave me all this wonderful life. (Here Jack paused. It was difficult even to him, hardened to cope with feelings. - Comm. Aut.) With him we many, many years go shoulder to shoulder, back to back. This is my daddy. (We sat for a while, sigh. - Approx. Aut.).

Icey

Record Breaker
A prank, undoubtedly, that Plush was gullible enough to fall for ( if the story has any truth in it.)