Plushenko asked to skate for another country | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Plushenko asked to skate for another country

whitebamboo

On the Ice
So much ******** in one place. But I see his fans are happy, good for them. PR-machine at its work.

If there is something of actual content (other than blocked-out epithet throwing) in this comment, that would have been another matter.

He said what he said, from his point of view, that's all. How each person interprets the words of another is up to him or her.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
He's been toying with retirement since 2006. There are many reasons why asking him to skate for the States is not a good idea... but retirement certainly isn't one of them. :laugh:

Because his haters enjoy talking about him just as much as his fans do? ;) Keep the stories coming... :laugh:
Indeed, every stray comment he makes is worthy of a thread, I guess. Anyone know if he likes short sleeves or long sleeves?

anyanka

Record Breaker
I doubt he'll leave Russia, where he's a complete and total megastar. Plus, IIRC the Russian skating feds paid him a million Euros to skate this past season. I doubt another skating fed would pony up (hee hee am thinking of that clip now) that kind of dough for Plushy.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
If there is something of actual content (other than blocked-out epithet throwing) in this comment, that would have been another matter.

He said what he said, from his point of view, that's all. How each person interprets the words of another is up to him or her.

He said what his wife told him to say. She's making celebrity out of him. Like some kind of popstar or rapper or bad acting actor. And that's what I don't like.
Do you live in Russia? Or watch russian TV? There's a big campaign to make him popular, more popular than he already is. All this talks about screws in his spine, pictures of them, live video from his surgery (didn't happen tho), all this trash-talking about Kovtun and Rodnina and now about switching to skate for the USA. Next he'll say that grizzly bear attacked him, but he beat it. Or that he's the real Batman.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
He said what his wife told him to say. She's making celebrity out of him. Like some kind of popstar or rapper or bad acting actor. And that's what I don't like.
Do you live in Russia? Or watch russian TV? There's a big campaign to make him popular, more popular than he already is. All this talks about screws in his spine, pictures of them, live video from his surgery (didn't happen tho), all this trash-talking about Kovtun and Rodnina and now about switching to skate for the USA. Next he'll say that grizzly bear attacked him, but he beat it. Or that he's the real Batman.

Campagne? LOL! If he says something the Russian media writes immediately, every journalist want to make interview with him.This is the fate of celebrities. He is already celebrity isn't only athlete. Do you know in last week the journalists voted for him as the best skater in the last season? He was awarded again. LOL! That was a part of campagne ? He is a rock star in figure skating. Don't you like it? Do it!

We are his fans so we read everything about him we watch everything about him in the Russian media and the TV. :) If you follow the Plushenkonews on twitter or read his official website you would know this. That is so honest and we can read not only the positive articles and opinions about him. That is so natural because most of those people who read it really love Evgeni. They know he isn't flawless man, but who is it??? The haters always forgot they also make mistakes. He isn't a stupid person and Plushy is a strong-willed man can't be easy to live with him. Of course he listens what his wife said to him, but he knows what he want. What you said that is from those people who hate his wife thus already hate him because of Yana. She is one of the greatest celebrity in Russia. Probably you are in those people who think his surgery wasn't real . I really believe who can learn a language can think logically. :( He wanted to compete , why not? :)....Rodnina hug him in the ball what was held in Kreml. I can show you the picture. Probably you don't know this. I think Plush talked about this meeting.

Your post was so tipical...

Whitebamboo isn't Russian. But she read many Russian articles about Plushy she is a very thorough woman. Read her analisys about Plushy's story since November 2013..: http://evgeni-plushenko.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=354

and yes, if he will say the grizly bear attacked him I'm sure that will be the truth. He has an incredibly wonderful life, he has some interesting stories in his life, he does not need to invent new ones. Do you know his life will be showing in Japanese manga comics and we can read in Japanese , Russian and English??? Do you know he is in the American physics textbook they explain the innertia with him... and he is in the english textbook in Russia? ect. ect.... Do you know in last year in Volvo Cup the organizers couldn't handle the media interest because many journalists arrived not only from European contries but from exotic countries too?? Do you know if he is walking in Disneyland( Tokyo) the people recognize and surround him and ask autograph and photo ? Do you know Albert Prince of Monaco invited him to Monaco?

Snow63

Record Breaker
Campagne? LOL! If he says something the Russian media writes immediately, every journalist want to make interview with him.This is the fate of celebrities. He is already celebrity isn't only athlete. Do you know in last week the journalists voted for him as the best skater in the last season? He was awarded again. LOL! That was a part of campagne ? He is a rock star in figure skating. Don't you like it? Do it!

We are his fans so we read everything about him we watch everything about him in the Russian media and the TV. :) If you follow the Plushenkonews on twitter or read his official website you would know this. That is so honest and we can read not only the positive articles and opinions about him. He isn't a stupid person and Plushy is a strong-willed man can't be easy to live with him. Of course he listens what his wife said to him, but he knows what he want. What you said that is from those people who hate his wife thus already hate him because of Yana. She is one of the greates celebrity in Russia. Probably you are in those people who think his surgery wasn't real . I really believe who can learn a language can think logically. :( He wanted to compete , why not? :)....Rodnina hug him in the ball what was held in Kreml. I can show you the picture. Probably you don't know this. I think Plush is talking about this meeting.

Your post was so tipical...

Whitebamboo isn't Russian. But she read many articles about Plushy she is a very thorough woman. Read her analisys about Plushy's story since November 2013..: http://evgeni-plushenko.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=354

and yes, if he will say the grizly bear attacked him I'm sure that will be the truth. He has an incredibly wonderful life, he has some interesting stories in his life, he does not need to invent new ones. Do you know his life will be showing in Japanese manga comics and we can read in Japanese , Russian and English??? Do you know he is in the American physics textbook they explain the innertia with him... and he is in the english textbook in Russia? ect. ect.... Do you know in last year in Volvo Cup the organizers couldn't handle the media interest because many journalists arrived not only from European contries but from exotic countries too?? Do you know if he is walking in Disneyland( Tokyo) the people recognize and surround him and ask autograph and photo ? Do you know Albert Prince of Monaco invited him to Monaco?

Your post is typical for Plush fan :) I guess we're both typical. Don't drown on your saliva, we need you alive. Just for fun.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
- If you don't like having a celebrity, then just turn off the TV when he's on. It's not that hard.

- There was no plan for a live broadcast of the surgery. The media outlets misreported that. They had the media come (but live broadcast was never planned) because of all the people accusing him of faking a surgery. Of course, I don't know why he bothered, since even if you dragged those people into the operating room, they'd just say they hallucinated his surgery.

- ...did you read the part in this exact interview where he called Kovtun a "terrific athlete"?

- Rodnina bashed him, not the other way around. "Thank you for the criticism, I became angrier, learned a lot" as a response = bashing?

silverfoxes

Record Breaker

I am not Russian, but I follow Russian figure skating news and know that there are plenty of fabricated fluff stories printed about Kovtun, Yagudin (badmouthing Plushy always, you think Yana ordered that too?), even Johnny Weir...latest big example is the story about Brian skating for Russia, refuted by both him and his mother. I cannot believe you are trying to say Plushy didn't have surgery - hello, have you seen the scar on his back? :rolleye: Do you think it's special fx makeup? Unreal...

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Yes, the Russian jopurnalism is a s***. I have never read so many gossips as facts in non-tabloid news. Trankov after Sochi showed "dislike" sign to Russian media.
He was one of the new heroes but he already bored the media.

Rodnina criticised Plu, because she didn't understand why Plushy didn't skate with pain for Russia. But she didn't know what happened. Plush explain her:

" As for the individual - that i not need to skate the 1st after the warmup group, than 2, 3, 6th... one hundred percent I would ask to give me a injection of painkillers. I will go on the ice and skate. Simply, there was not the time... It was such a strong pain, and it was impossible for me to perform. But maybe it was better this way - when I went to Israel for examination, and when they found that the screw broke... that i skated under the injections - I could become invalid."

This is what Rodnina understands today.

Snow63

Record Breaker
I am not Russian, but I follow Russian figure skating news and know that there are plenty of fabricated fluff stories printed about Kovtun, Yagudin (badmouthing Plushy always, you think Yana ordered that too?), even Johnny Weir...latest big example is the story about Brian skating for Russia, refuted by both him and his mother. I cannot believe you are trying to say Plushy didn't have surgery - hello, have you seen the scar on his back? :rolleye: Do you think it's special fx makeup? Unreal...

OMG. Are you blind or just plain dumb? Never said that.

And yes, Yana is trying so damn hard to push him in every hole, sometimes literally.

I love Plush fans, they are always so defensive. :)
I didn't even said I don't like him. I like him as a skater, in fact. I just don't like all this media buzz around him, and that his wife constantly adds some oil in the fire, so to speak. Millions athletes around the world have surgeries and are playing/competing through pain, but we hear nothing about that. And here we have Yana, who makes sure that everyone know what kind of hell Plush has gone through. The problem is no one forced him to do that.

I can't deny that. :eek:: We are in peace ;)

Yes, we are :)

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Mishin about Plushy:

"extraordinary people cannot be measured by mediocre yardsticks"

No one sends the climbers to the mountain .....

Snow63

Record Breaker
Mishin about Plushy:

"extraordinary people cannot be measured by mediocre yardsticks"

No one sends the climbers to the mountain .....

Yes, but climbers don't scream at every corner how many surgeries they had.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
OMG. Are you blind or just plain dumb? Never said that.

And yes, Yana is trying so damn hard to push him in every hole, sometimes literally.

I love Plush fans, they are always so defensive. :)
I didn't even said I don't like him. I like him as a skater, in fact. I just don't like all this media buzz around him, and that his wife constantly adds some oil in the fire, so to speak. Millions athletes around the world have surgeries and are playing/competing through pain, but we hear nothing about that. And here we have Yana, who makes sure that everyone know what kind of hell Plush has gone through. The problem is no one forced him to do that.

All this talks about screws in his spine, pictures of them, live video from his surgery (didn't happen tho),

So what exactly were you trying to say here? Only that the live video didn't happen? From the point of view of a native English speaker, your sentence can be interpreted many different ways. I appreciate the personal attack, by the way (but we are the defensive ones? :rolleye:)

Plushy was a celebrity long before Yana. Possibly something to do with his highly successful athletic career and Olympic medals? :scratch: He will always be a celebrity in Russia, whether you like it or not. Perhaps he goes to a few more events with Yana than he used to...but he isn't doing every silly reality tv show that comes his way, like Yagudin. Who is desperate to be famous? Most of the time if he is not skating, he is simply hanging out with his family or playing other sports.

His wife just has the means and ability to support him publicly and why wouldn't she, when there are constant attacks on his character?

Snow63

Record Breaker

So what exactly were you trying to say here? Only that the live video didn't happen? From the point of view of a native English speaker, your sentence can be interpreted many different ways. I appreciate the personal attack, by the way (but we are the defensive ones? :rolleye:)

Plushy was a celebrity long before Yana. Possibly something to do with his highly successful athletic career and Olympic medals? :scratch: He will always be a celebrity in Russia, whether you like it or not. Perhaps he goes to a few more events with Yana than he used to...but he isn't doing every silly reality tv show that comes his way, like Yagudin. Who is desperate to be famous? Most of the time if he is not skating, he is simply hanging out with his family or playing other sports.

His wife just has the means and ability to support him publicly and why wouldn't she, when there are constant attacks on his character?

Sorry, it was not personal attack. It was just a question :) Of course it's not you, it's me and my terrible English. I'm wounded :disapp:
I wonder why Plush fans always bring Yagudin or Kovtun in their defensive statements ;)

One more time: I just tried to say in this thread that I think this 'proposal' from 'people from US' has nothing to do with reality. Or these 'people from US' have nothing to do with USFSA. And it was probably Yana's idea for him to say about this 'proposal' just to get more attention to his persona. Because she did it before. That's all.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I wonder why Plush fans always bring Yagudin or Kovtun in their defensive statements
You were the one who brought up "Kovtun-bashing" ("good average" is not bashing, but that's another debate). I pointed out that Plushy complimented Kovtun in this exact interview.

Or these 'people from US' have nothing to do with USFSA.
Probably. He didn't say it's from the US Fed. And it's one comment from a very, very long interview where he talked about a lot of different things. If anything, you should blame Yahoo for running away with one stray comment. Or did Yana pay Yahoo as well? :scratch:

From what I gather, your main issue with Plushenko is his fame (since you don't have a problem with his skating, and I assume he hasn't done anything to you personally). In that case, why are we having this conversation here? Isn't that just feeding his fame, when so many people are (inexplicably) very interested in every statement he makes?