Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Plushenko asked to skate for another country

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow63 View Post
    He said what his wife told him to say. She's making celebrity out of him. Like some kind of popstar or rapper or bad acting actor. And that's what I don't like.
    Do you live in Russia? Or watch russian TV? There's a big campaign to make him popular, more popular than he already is. All this talks about screws in his spine, pictures of them, live video from his surgery (didn't happen tho), all this trash-talking about Kovtun and Rodnina and now about switching to skate for the USA. Next he'll say that grizzly bear attacked him, but he beat it. Or that he's the real Batman.
    - If you don't like having a celebrity, then just turn off the TV when he's on. It's not that hard.

- There was no plan for a live broadcast of the surgery. The media outlets misreported that. They had the media come (but live broadcast was never planned) because of all the people accusing him of faking a surgery. Of course, I don't know why he bothered, since even if you dragged those people into the operating room, they'd just say they hallucinated his surgery.

- ...did you read the part in this exact interview where he called Kovtun a "terrific athlete"?

- Rodnina bashed him, not the other way around. "Thank you for the criticism, I became angrier, learned a lot" as a response = bashing?

He said what his wife told him to say. She's making celebrity out of him. Like some kind of popstar or rapper or bad acting actor. And that's what I don't like.
    Do you live in Russia? Or watch russian TV? There's a big campaign to make him popular, more popular than he already is. All this talks about screws in his spine, pictures of them, live video from his surgery (didn't happen tho), all this trash-talking about Kovtun and Rodnina and now about switching to skate for the USA. Next he'll say that grizzly bear attacked him, but he beat it. Or that he's the real Batman.
    I am not Russian, but I follow Russian figure skating news and know that there are plenty of fabricated fluff stories printed about Kovtun, Yagudin (badmouthing Plushy always, you think Yana ordered that too?), even Johnny Weir...latest big example is the story about Brian skating for Russia, refuted by both him and his mother. I cannot believe you are trying to say Plushy didn't have surgery - hello, have you seen the scar on his back? Do you think it's special fx makeup? Unreal...

Yes, the Russian jopurnalism is a s***. I have never read so many gossips as facts in non-tabloid news. Trankov after Sochi showed "dislike" sign to Russian media.
    He was one of the new heroes but he already bored the media.

Rodnina criticised Plu, because she didn't understand why Plushy didn't skate with pain for Russia. But she didn't know what happened. Plush explain her:

" As for the individual - that i not need to skate the 1st after the warmup group, than 2, 3, 6th... one hundred percent I would ask to give me a injection of painkillers. I will go on the ice and skate. Simply, there was not the time... It was such a strong pain, and it was impossible for me to perform. But maybe it was better this way - when I went to Israel for examination, and when they found that the screw broke... that i skated under the injections - I could become invalid."

This is what Rodnina understands today.

umm...
    Quote Originally Posted by gallavich View Post
    I am not Russian, but I follow Russian figure skating news and know that there are plenty of fabricated fluff stories printed about Kovtun, Yagudin (badmouthing Plushy always, you think Yana ordered that too?), even Johnny Weir...latest big example is the story about Brian skating for Russia, refuted by both him and his mother. I cannot believe you are trying to say Plushy didn't have surgery - hello, have you seen the scar on his back? Do you think it's special fx makeup? Unreal...
    OMG. Are you blind or just plain dumb? Never said that.

And yes, Yana is trying so damn hard to push him in every hole, sometimes literally.

I love Plush fans, they are always so defensive.
    I didn't even said I don't like him. I like him as a skater, in fact. I just don't like all this media buzz around him, and that his wife constantly adds some oil in the fire, so to speak. Millions athletes around the world have surgeries and are playing/competing through pain, but we hear nothing about that. And here we have Yana, who makes sure that everyone know what kind of hell Plush has gone through. The problem is no one forced him to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by plushyfan View Post
    I can't deny that. We are in peace
    Yes, we are

Mishin about Plushy:

"extraordinary people cannot be measured by mediocre yardsticks"

No one sends the climbers to the mountain .....

umm...
    Mishin about Plushy:

"extraordinary people cannot be measured by mediocre yardsticks"

No one sends the climbers to the mountain .....
    Yes, but climbers don't scream at every corner how many surgeries they had.

Yes, but climbers don't scream at every corner how many surgeries they had.

If the journalists ask same question they will say same answer at every corner..

OMG. Are you blind or just plain dumb? Never said that.

And yes, Yana is trying so damn hard to push him in every hole, sometimes literally.

I love Plush fans, they are always so defensive.
    I didn't even said I don't like him. I like him as a skater, in fact. I just don't like all this media buzz around him, and that his wife constantly adds some oil in the fire, so to speak. Millions athletes around the world have surgeries and are playing/competing through pain, but we hear nothing about that. And here we have Yana, who makes sure that everyone know what kind of hell Plush has gone through. The problem is no one forced him to do that.

All this talks about screws in his spine, pictures of them, live video from his surgery (didn't happen tho),
    So what exactly were you trying to say here? Only that the live video didn't happen? From the point of view of a native English speaker, your sentence can be interpreted many different ways. I appreciate the personal attack, by the way (but we are the defensive ones? )

Plushy was a celebrity long before Yana. Possibly something to do with his highly successful athletic career and Olympic medals? He will always be a celebrity in Russia, whether you like it or not. Perhaps he goes to a few more events with Yana than he used to...but he isn't doing every silly reality tv show that comes his way, like Yagudin. Who is desperate to be famous? Most of the time if he is not skating, he is simply hanging out with his family or playing other sports.

His wife just has the means and ability to support him publicly and why wouldn't she, when there are constant attacks on his character?

umm...
    Quote Originally Posted by gallavich View Post
    [B]

So what exactly were you trying to say here? Only that the live video didn't happen? From the point of view of a native English speaker, your sentence can be interpreted many different ways. I appreciate the personal attack, by the way (but we are the defensive ones? )

Plushy was a celebrity long before Yana. Possibly something to do with his highly successful athletic career and Olympic medals? He will always be a celebrity in Russia, whether you like it or not. Perhaps he goes to a few more events with Yana than he used to...but he isn't doing every silly reality tv show that comes his way, like Yagudin. Who is desperate to be famous? Most of the time if he is not skating, he is simply hanging out with his family or playing other sports.

His wife just has the means and ability to support him publicly and why wouldn't she, when there are constant attacks on his character?
    Sorry, it was not personal attack. It was just a question Of course it's not you, it's me and my terrible English. I'm wounded
    I wonder why Plush fans always bring Yagudin or Kovtun in their defensive statements

One more time: I just tried to say in this thread that I think this 'proposal' from 'people from US' has nothing to do with reality. Or these 'people from US' have nothing to do with USFSA. And it was probably Yana's idea for him to say about this 'proposal' just to get more attention to his persona. Because she did it before. That's all.

Custom Title
    I wonder why Plush fans always bring Yagudin or Kovtun in their defensive statements
    You were the one who brought up "Kovtun-bashing" ("good average" is not bashing, but that's another debate). I pointed out that Plushy complimented Kovtun in this exact interview.

Or these 'people from US' have nothing to do with USFSA.
    Probably. He didn't say it's from the US Fed. And it's one comment from a very, very long interview where he talked about a lot of different things. If anything, you should blame Yahoo for running away with one stray comment. Or did Yana pay Yahoo as well?

From what I gather, your main issue with Plushenko is his fame (since you don't have a problem with his skating, and I assume he hasn't done anything to you personally). In that case, why are we having this conversation here? Isn't that just feeding his fame, when so many people are (inexplicably) very interested in every statement he makes?

Love popcorn, hate horendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandpiper View Post
    From what I gather, your main issue with Plushenko is his fame (since you don't have a problem with his skating, and I assume he hasn't done anything to you personally). In that case, why are we having this conversation here? Isn't that just feeding his fame, when so many people are (inexplicably) very interested in every statement he makes?

Custom Title
    Uh, Russia doesn't value him?! They treat him like a god, they gave him 95 PCS at Nationals for a horrendous FS, and he was gifted the Olympics spot over the Russian National champion without even attempting to earn it at Euros.

The US is sorely desperate for good male skaters if they actually approached him to skate for them. Wonder how much they'll pay him to make the switch only to have him never actually compete. This has to be a prank or something taken wayyyyy out of context. No offense to the US, but even though Plushenko is damaged goods, he's way too revered in Russia to make some weird switch like that. I mean what's he going to do... make the US team and then pull out at the next Olympics?

Snow63!
    This is better than Yana ever did https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilTWAbY_AG8 -Evgeni Plushenko - The King and The Prince. A Plush fan made it yesterday. Many people are very interested in every statement he makes-Sandpiper is right.

umm...
    You were the one who brought up "Kovtun-bashing" ("good average" is not bashing, but that's another debate). I pointed out that Plushy complimented Kovtun in this exact interview.
    I was talking about all rumours he and his wife were spreading after his Olympic fiasco. Like he wanted to withdraw but no one knew where Kovtun was, his phone was turned of and all that stuff.

And it's not the same. I did not actually said that Kovtun was better or worse than Plush, I just said that there was trash-talking about him. And I did not say a word about Yagudin.

No. He was famous before. Now he's just a celebrity in worst meaning of that word. Paris Hilton, Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus, Evgeny Plushenko etc. It's just my opinion anyway Don't like it? Ok, move on.
    And don't bother to answer. It was my last post in this thread. I have some booking for GPF to do.

umm...
    Snow63!
    This is better than Yana ever did https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilTWAbY_AG8 -Evgeni Plushenko - The King and The Prince. A Plush fan made it yesterday. Many people are very interested in every statement he makes-Sandpiper is right.
    I know. He deserved it by his skating (before Sochi anyway). No need to push him anymore.
    Beautiful vid.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast