Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Radionova hairstyle has inspired other skaters ?

Landing 3As in my dreams! skatedreamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTheMusician View Post
    I'll tell him! He's great. Even though he doesn't know much about figure skating, he travelled with me to Paris GP last November
    He sure sounds like a keeper to me -- congratulations and much happiness to both of you!

Custom Title
    I would like to see some skaters go back to the non bun hair styles like some skaters of the past had, i.e. the hair style worn in their everyday life. Dortohy, Janet, Sonia, etc

Who was the first skater to wear her hair in a bun?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post

Who was the first skater to wear her hair in a bun?
    I don't know if she was the first, but among American ladies skaters, Nancy Kerrigan comes to my mind. Love her or hate her, I felt she was a trend setter back in her day, and influenced lots of the styles we currently see today in ladies figure skating with the beautiful, elegant dresses (some being designed by Vera Wang), her hair worn in a sophisticated bun, and of course, the Kerrigan spiral.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by desertskates View Post
    I'm fairly certain that's a bun. I really hope it is, because when I saw her on tv with her hair down, it's so shiny and beautiful. Once I get past the somewhat questionable costumes, I think she's gorgeous!
    One person who did get a chop is Ashley Wagner. Some twit pics show her with her hair bobbed to just below her chin. So, she will have to retire that top knot.
    http://instagram.com/p/qk7t1nCr5I/?modal=true
    Bah, easy enough to pull it back and put on a fake bun. Synchro skaters do it all the time.

Custom Title
    What happened to Ashley's hair? And I'm not talking about the imo bad cut, but that it looks like dry straw. She's always had such beautiful hair.

This is a better photo of it: http://instagram.com/p/qqPD0dCr83/?modal=true

I think she still can pull it up...

Custom Title
    It's probably because the picture is a bit blurry and maybe her hair was frizzy. My hair also looks a little crazy when the weather is humid.

She should be able to put it back, I cut my hair earlier this year to about that length, needed a few extra bobby pins for my hair at the gym but I think it'll grow out by the time the season starts.

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coolboogie22 View Post
    Is it me or Radionova started a fashion hairstyle that other skaters have copied later in the season ..
    Maybe Radionova is copying the fashionable Johnny Weir?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    What happened to Ashley's hair? And I'm not talking about the imo bad cut, but that it looks like dry straw. She's always had such beautiful hair.
    It could just be humidity or it could be starting to show permanent damage from years of blow-drying and flat ironing her hair.

Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    eta:
    ICYMI, this retrospective on skaters' hairstyles is quite entertaining. Includes the Bronytail, a coinage that was/is new to me.
    I hope it doesn't stick. Mentioning the word "brony" conjures up a slew of really iffy images for me...considering it's used in another context as well.

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    The good news is that it apparently it did not stick.
    The not-so-good news for me is that I have been living under a rock again. Had not been aware of the other context. Thanks for the red flag. After enlightening myself via Google, I have deleted the link from my post above.

In search of a summer sport to love <3 desertskates's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    This is a better photo of it: http://instagram.com/p/qqPD0dCr83/?modal=true

I think she still can pull it up...
    You're right, it looks longer in that pic. At the very least, she can get an ok ponytail out of it

Custom Title

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3