Thread: What happened to Christopher Caluza (PHI)?

Rinkside

What happened to Christopher Caluza (PHI)?

Does anybody know? I am wondering because he was doing great last year, and then, the next thing, seemed like the country picked Michael Christian Martinez as their man, and I don't see Chris' name anywhere this season.

Custom Title
    He is still skating.

Don´t know if he has an assigned GP for this season
    His twitter account https://twitter.com/ChrisCaluza

Rinkside
    Ah, Caluza! He did such a good program one year at the 4 Continents in Colorado Springs that there was a standing ovation when he came into the breakfast room of our little hotel the next morning. Nice young man as well. What ever he does, I wish him all the best.

Rinkside
    Thank you for the information. Hope to see his skating again somewhere.

He did compete last season, IIRC, but his country sent Michael Christian Martinez to Sochi instead of him.

Custom Title
    He was at worlds 2014 instead of Martinez and made the top 20.

Chris posted a video on Instagram of his quad loop attempt today: http://instagram.com/p/uEiNV_rM0Z/

He's way at the back of the rink - I had to watch it a couple times before I could find him

Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    He did compete last season, IIRC, but his country sent Michael Christian Martinez to Sochi instead of him.
    which was a good decision.. michael is not only a homegrown talent.. he has more potential because he's younger and i like him better than caluza..and not to mention michael is humble..

Custom Title
    I like Chris' artistic skating. I also like that our tropical country has more than one male skater who can compete at the top skating competitions. By their respective performances at Olympics and Worlds, both Michael and Chris have done themselves and our country proud. Both of them should continue to work hard to improve their skating (and ranking).

Rinkside
    Right on, Maria Victoria! I like them both as well. Glad to hear Chris is still skating.