Meet Chasity Brinn | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Meet Chasity Brinn

:rock: Chasity was 20th out of 300,000,000 people!

You know, seriously, I always think of this when someone is disappointed because they only got 7th at worlds. Hey, you're the seventh best skater in the whole world!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Yes--- you've lapped everyone sitting on the couch. :)

I'm looking forward to seeing her actual skate, mistakes and all!

It's not the destination, it's the journey! Thank you so much, Chasity, for sharing your journey with us. You did great! I bet those other 19 skaters bribed the judges. (Well, maybe the Lutz edge was a little flat. Still, a +2 if you ask me.) So, when is this going to be made into a television series? :rock:

Actually, the video itself was an excellent showcase of what adult skating is all about. The call of the elements of the footwork sequence was very cool.

Good luck in your pro debut. You've definitely got your attitude down -- not to mention the costume. :yes:

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
She's even nicer to meet in person. Great job, "Chasity." ;-)

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
She is hilarious. Too bad she lost so many points for not holding her positions long enough. I am always telling my kids hold that form and count to three once you are in position. lol. Her beginning pose was pro too bad it went down hill from there lol at least technically.

Vanshilar

On the Ice
Rofl Chasity's (mis)adventure videos are always something I watch as soon as they're put up!

I am curious about the production of these things though. I mean, obviously there wouldn't be much drama if everything went smoothly, and I assume there's some sort of a story arc that's somewhat planned out in advance, so I don't know if Chasity messed up "on purpose" to have something to talk about. I mean, what if all the jumps went well and the spins went well too? The commentary would be a lot less...exciting. I mean it was one continuous video so I assume it was done in one "take" so to speak, so either it was planned out in advance or it wasn't. If it was planned out in advance (i.e. what some of the commentary would be) then there'd be extra pressure not just to do it, but to do it in a certain way (i.e. mess up at the right places), which makes it even more difficult than just going out and running through the program. If it wasn't planned out in advance, well, then it means all the commentary is thought up afterwards, so it's really a luck of the draw in terms of whether or not the run-through will be amenable to good commentary (or, having to be extra creative).

(As you can tell, I'm not cut out to be a scriptwriter.)

^ Well, this one was different from the rest which had scripts and plots going in. I don't see any reason to doubt that Chasity did her best and this is the tape that the event organizers provide to each competitor. In real life I believe that Chasity really is a television writer or something of the sort, so I don't think it would be a problem for her to come up with the comedic running dialogue afterward (delivered in fully fledged Chasity-face, of course. :yes: ) In amateur skating there is always going to be something to laugh at without messing up on purpose. ;) (On the other hand, as we all know, there is no "reality" in reality TV.)

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Hah, her re-telling of the footwork sequence was the best part... and yay for nailing her 2nd axel!

Yeah, especially at lower levels it becomes exceedingly important to hold your positions in your spins to at least get some base value for it. Even a level B spin is worth as much as a clean 2T or 2S, and if you look at the US Nationals results ( http://www.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2015/2015_us_adult_fs_champs/results.html can't seem to find which segment she competed in!), the top skaters got their spin levels on point. Some crazy judging in the 6.0 competition - some skaters got 1st and 12th place ordinals. :eek:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Hah, her re-telling of the footwork sequence was the best part... and yay for nailing her 2nd axel!

Yeah, especially at lower levels it becomes exceedingly important to hold your positions in your spins to at least get some base value for it. Even a level B spin is worth as much as a clean 2T or 2S, and if you look at the US Nationals results ( http://www.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2015/2015_us_adult_fs_champs/results.html can't seem to find which segment she competed in!), the top skaters got their spin levels on point. Some crazy judging in the 6.0 competition - some skaters got 1st and 12th place ordinals. :eek:

See Adrienne Sterman http://www.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2015/2015_us_adult_fs_champs/SEGM006.html number 20th of 21 with one withdraw.

Last edited: