Malaysia Flight MH17: Connie Stuiver, Dutch Silver Medalist was on the plane | Golden Skate

Malaysia Flight MH17: Connie Stuiver, Dutch Silver Medalist was on the plane

cruzceleste

Record Breaker

Lynn Rutherford from Icenetwork is reporting that Duth Nationals 1992 Silver Medalist and her family was on Malaysia Flight MH17.

Her name in wikipedia list of medalist

May they rest in peace

GF2445

Record Breaker
This is so sad to hear.
This particular tragedy has hit the global community incredibly hard. Its almost like it's affecting everybody's mood.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is so sad to hear.
This particular tragedy has hit the global community incredibly hard. Its almost like it's affecting everybody's mood.

Couldn't agree more. So senseless and the only thing that matters is the lives lost and lives affected. In a perfect world something like this could unite both sides but I have my doubts of such an enlightened response....*sigh*

ITA with the everyone's mood being affected too.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Her whole family. How dreadful.

That's true for many of the passengers. It's the start of summer holiday here, and the flight to Kuala Lumpur is very popular with travel agencies. People use it to fly to Indonesia and Australia etc.

There are reports of school friends from one school all traveling together to families of two to even six people.

I have never heard of this Dutch skater, btw. How tragic.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
That's true for many of the passengers. It's the start of summer holiday here, and the flight to Kuala Lumpur is very popular with travel agencies. People use it to fly to Indonesia and Australia etc.

There are reports of school friends from one school all traveling together to families of two to even six people.

I have never heard of this Dutch skater, btw. How tragic.

So sad. Although I had not come across her before either, it is nevertheless upsetting when you hear about the death of a competitior in a sport you love.

I had a look at Conny's Facebook profile to see what she was like. Although nearly everything is set to private, there is an absolutely beautiful photo from December of her with her son. It was just so heartbreaking to see how happy they were, and to know that they are now gone.

It is heartbreaking when you hear about families going on holidays, and getting wiped out. And you can't help but wonder about how the family that is left behind are coping, having to deal with multiple bereavements.

Unfortunately, there are going to be many more stories like this emerging in the coming days. We may not hear about them all, but every case is a tragedy.

It just shows how far reaching this disaster is. In the past 15 hours, I have not only found out that there was a woman who competed in a sport I love on board, but also a woman from the island I live on.

My thoughts go out to all the family and friends of Conny Stuiver, her husband and her son.

CaroLiza_fan

Meoima

Match Penalty
Some people from my country were also on the plane. :cry: such a tragedy. I am not religious really, but I hope they will rest in peace and heaven.
The whole family! :cry: I haven't heard of this skater, but my heart goes out to her and her family, too. Such a loss.

desertskates

Medalist
How sad for Ms. Stuiver's surviving family and friends. My thoughts go out to the loved ones of anyone on board ill fated plane. It's just tragic.
May all the passengers and crew rest in peace.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So awful for her, her family, and all the lives lost in this senseless tragedy. May they all rest in peace.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker

This disaster continues to dominate Dutch media, of course. The main public TV and radio channels pretty much focus on this 24/7. It's so tragic, also because of the major problems in the Ukraine preventing "normal" procedures like getting the bodies home, the research into the tragedy and such.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
^That upset me, the families of the people that lost their lifes in the accident deserve to know what happened, and with all the obstruction and situation on Ukrania is highly unlikely that they will get answers.