The Ice 2014 - Japan | Page 3 | Golden Skate

The Ice 2014 - Japan

Is the last move in T&D's Bolero legal today?

Good question. As I recall, at the time several of the moves that Torvill and Dean did in Bolero were called out by various people as illegal. But since they got away with them with the judges, after that all dance teams started copying such moves. Later on the ISU had to put the kibosh on such innovation.

nguyenghita

On the Ice
Adelina really had a bad luck these days, in all of the countless show, she is falling all over the ice on the TV recored day, make a new wave of mocking and hating, as if she didn't have enough already :disapp:

mich2

Match Penalty
Adelina really had a bad luck these days, in all of the countless show, she is falling all over the ice on the TV recored day, make a new wave of mocking and hating, as if she didn't have enough already :disapp:
Yuzuru too was falling on TV days. He is an Olympic champion as well. Are you saying his rivals' fans have better manners, they don't go into mocking and hating? Okay. I wouldn't worry about haters and mockers.Why would anyone. ;)

nguyenghita

On the Ice
Yuzuru too was falling on TV days. He is an Olympic champion as well. Are you saying his rivals' fans have better manners, they don't go into mocking and hating?
Are you comparing the legion of Yuna's fans plus Russia haters plus Sochi result opponents plus Adelina haters with a minority of Hanyu's rival's fans (who? Denis? Patrick? Javier?) :laugh: I'm not really sure they have better manners or not, but obviously they are too few for you to notice ;)

I wouldn't worry about haters and mockers.Why would anyone.
Good for you, why should anyone worry anyway? It's not a thing anyone can control just by whining here ;)

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Are you comparing the legion of Yuna's fans plus Russia haters plus Sochi result opponents plus Adelina haters with a minority of Hanyu's rival's fans (who? Denis? Patrick? Javier?) :laugh: I'm not really sure they have better manners or not, but obviously they are too few for you to notice ;)
I think Yuzuru´s "haters" are mostly Daisuke´s fans (some, not all the fanbase). And mostly Japanese, and since Japanese people are really polite, they don´t support Yuzuru but they are not attacking him. Pretty much have a indifferent and underwhelming attitude towards Yuzuru, and his talents and achivements.

And Yuzuru at least has completed some of his jumps, compare to Adelina, he has made almost 44 shows.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Falls happen when you are trying difficult jumps. I like that they are challenging themselves even in shows. It makes it exciting for me. I saw Patrick have a horrendous fall in the ICE...I thought he was going into the audience. -But the rest of it was great.
Hanyu's new SP is very challenging but he has done quite well. He also does the quad jump in his exhibition programs, those are usually landed.

emdee

Final Flight
Falls happen when you are trying difficult jumps. I like that they are challenging themselves even in shows. It makes it exciting for me. I saw Patrick have a horrendous fall in the ICE...I thought he was going into the audience. -But the rest of it was great.
Hanyu's new SP is very challenging but he has done quite well. He also does the quad jump in his exhibition programs, those are usually landed.

Yup, Patrick has some spectacular falls that almost take him into the audience. Its because of his tremendous speed on the ice.

I am looking forward to seeing Hanyu's new programs.

IcyEdges

Match Penalty
T/D - a 4:48 Olympic program, polished throughout the season, skated by a team that have been already Olympic champions at the time of choreographing the program
A/B - a two minute long tribute to aforementioned program skated on a tiny rink, probably choreographed in about 1-2 hours, with about 1-3 run-throughs before the show (if the reports from previous years are any indication).

This was a tribute from Mao & Jeff to a team they respected (Mao even chose to work with Zoltan Nagy a couple of years ago because he worked with T/D), not an attempt to improve on what T/D did. For a couple that skates together, Mao & Jeff have an amazing unison and chemistry - and anyone who claims otherwise haven't watched dozens of newly formed pairs/ice dance teams who struggle for months to achieve some resemblance of unison, even if one or both of the partners is an experienced ice dancer/pair skater.

Why don't you go back through this thread read the other things I have said regarding this. I wasn't comparing them as "Teams" I was stating that the T/D Bolero isn't something you touch as a choreographer unless you are doing it in a different form and not trying to recreate T/D's.

And yeah, I have never watched new and newly joined dance/pairs teams ever, since that's what I do for a living. :rolleye:

nguyenghita

On the Ice
I think Yuzuru´s "haters" are mostly Daisuke´s fans (some, not all the fanbase). And mostly Japanese, and since Japanese people are really polite, they don´t support Yuzuru but they are not attacking him. Pretty much have a indifferent and underwhelming attitude towards Yuzuru, and his talents and achivements.

And Yuzuru at least has completed some of his jumps, compare to Adelina, he has made almost 44 shows.
Since they are all Japanese, so they may attacked him on Japan boards, not English base so we just don't know :laugh: Yuna also got some attack from her fellow Koreans on Korean boards, it's just too common that I don't even care, so just let Adelina face to the world, it's fan war, nothing special :laugh:

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I tried to watch almost all the posted The ice (I hate daily motion with all those adds). Thank you for the links!
I liked Mao, Jeff Buttle..and the other Japanese skaters. Gracie was OKish, Adelina had a beautiful movement on ice except for the jumps (I am almost sorry for her). I did not like the idea with Bolero. Trying to recreate T/D dance was crazy. Ice dancing is a different discipline. They looked clumsy, though they were quite nicely synchronized. Jeff looked a little better, but still neither skaters were real dancers. They could have danced the Bolero, similar to Carolina Kostner not T/D. They did the jump in the end, but it was too late.

urara

Rinkside
I went to THE ICE yesterday.
I love the friendly atmosphere of the cast, and fans were expressing praise to the skaters who overcame the tough Olympic season.

I saw two shows yesterday.
Patrick's tango and Elegy with Jeff were just stunning.
Adelina did a part of new FS with beautiful jumps. As far as I can remember, she fell just once during the two shows.
They received a standing ovation.
The collaboration by masters of skating skill, Patrick, Kozuka, and Abbot was a sight for sore eyes.
I saw different Mao. She has been like a classical ballet dancer, but this time she is taking more modern element.
That looked new to me. Bolero by Mao and Jeff was short, but very beautiful with moony lighting.
Kozuka skated to Tango (new SP) and Flamenco (ex) , and which looks new to me, too. These Latin tunes matched him more than I expected.
Personally, I want him to do the Flamenco as SP.

I've got more skaters I want to mention, but this post will get too long:laugh:
THE ICE has four more shows. I hope skaters' good performances will be broadcast later on, not the ones when they are off form.

mich2

Match Penalty
Thank for the news! I am glad to hear that Adelina skated well. Good to know that you liked the shows. How was Mura? Please write more when you have the time. :)

mich2

Match Penalty
Since they are all Japanese, so they may attacked him on Japan boards, not English base so we just don't know :laugh: Yuna also got some attack from her fellow Koreans on Korean boards, it's just too common that I don't even care, so just let Adelina face to the world, it's fan war, nothing special :laugh:
I agree fan wars are overrated. Adelina is having a good time in Japan now. She is loved and respected there, like many other skaters. Someone is unhappy about that in the Internet? Let them deal with their problems and let's hope they will find peace. ;)

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Thank for the news! I am glad to hear that Adelina skated well. Good to know that you liked the shows. How was Mura? Please write more when you have the time. :)

Seconded. I would also like to hear what urara (and the audience in general) thought of Kovtun.

urara

Rinkside

Mura skated new SP (Violin Concerto /Mendelssohn) and Ex (Feeling Good). He did Quad Toe, Triple Axel, and Triple Lutz.
His quad was almost there when I saw him, but I heard that he succeeded in other shows.
Axel and Lutz were so gorgeous that the crowd couldn't help saying "wow!":love: I had a good impression of his condition.