The Ice 2014 - Japan | Golden Skate

The Ice 2014 - Japan

Kuan

Final Flight
Yesterday was the first show! Its from 19-27 July in different cities. (July 19, 20, 21 - Nagano July 23, 24 - Aichi July 26, 27 - Osaka)

Cast
Ladies:
Mao Asada (also with Mai Asada)
Kanako Murakami
Gracie Gold
Mae Berenice Meite
Satoko Miyahara
Adelina Sotnikova

Men:
Patrick Chan
Jeff Buttle
Takahiko Kozuka
Jeremy Abott
Takahito Mura
Maxim Kovtun

Pairs:
Narumi Takahashi & Ryuichi Kihara

Ice dance:
Meryl Davis & Charlie White
Maia & Alex Shibutani

Mao was skating to "This little light of mine" by Yo-Yo Ma and to Frozen together with Mai. She also skated with Jeff Buttle to Bolero. Second pic.

Unfortunately there are no videos yet.

Kuan

Final Flight
He wanted to debut one of his new programs for next season. But I don´t know if it´s SP or FS.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
We were discussing it in Adelina's Fan Fest thread: dice she attempt a 4T during her Je Suis Malade EX?

makaihime

Final Flight
Thank you for the updates :)

Anyone know if this is going to be Mae Berenice's new program for 2015?

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
They didn't air Kovtun's performance at all? Not that I'm his big fan or anything, but that was the only part I was really curious about. I did like Adelina & Mao's solos though.

IcyEdges

Match Penalty
Not real thrilled about the "Bolero" remake. Sorry Jeff and Mao, you're nowhere close to Torvill/Dean.:disapp:

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Not real thrilled about the "Bolero" remake. Sorry Jeff and Mao, you're nowhere close to Torvill/Dean.:disapp:
Agree, it´s show that they are not Ice Dancing, and they have no unisome. They should have asked D/W or the Shib sibs to do it and it at least would have been better.

jimeonji

Final Flight
Agree, it´s show that they are not Ice Dancing, and they have no unisome. They should have asked D/W or the Shib sibs to do it and it at least would have been better.
well, obviously, they're both not ice dancers. But Jeff and Mao always do a thing together and this year I guess they did this. I thought it was cool to see them do something like this as they're both singles skaters.

abc123

Rinkside
Thank you to everyone for all the updates and video links! I posted this question earlier but can't seem to find it anywhere, but this gist of it was whether or not it was out of the ordinary for two skaters (in this case, GG and Mao/Mai) to skate to the same song (Let It Go) in the same show? Especially when one of the skaters is the curator of the show? Is it common courtesy to acquiesce the song to the more "senior" skater and just skate one of your other programs, or is that thinking too much into things and the audience doesn't really care?
EDIT: The reason I couldn't find this again is because I posted it in the wrong thread :slink:

Last edited: