2014 U.S. International Figure Skating Classic | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2014 U.S. International Figure Skating Classic

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Its actually going to be impossible for me to watch any of this event :( is the ISU providing an alternative to broadcast this event or is this all going to be ice network?

US Figure Skating's press material says (emphasis added):
Exclusive streaming video of all competition will be available to [Icenetwork] subscribers, while free recaps, news and photos will be accessible to all users.
http://usfigureskating.org/Story.asp?id=50370&type=media (Aug 13)​

Never say never ;), but it would come as quite a surprise (IMO) -- esp. at this late date -- if the ISU were to announce that it is providing any video or live streaming this year. It has not done so in past years.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
The ISU results page is up. http://www.isuresults.com/events/fsevent00051564.htm

Chock and Bates are no longer listed.

Other SLC changes since Aug 15:

- The men have one addition (ten now are listed; used to be nine).

- And the ladies have one fewer entry (fourteen now listed; used to be fifteen).

Sorry that I don't know the specific names in either case. (All I can say is that the U.S. men and ladies have not changed.)​

A.H.Black

Final Flight
I'm a bit confused about the practice schedule. There is none listed for the Novice Dance, Jr Dance, Jr Ladies, Jr Men and Jr Pairs. On the earlier tentative schedule they are placed on Friday after the Novice awards and before the Senior Events. IIRC there's a second rink, but does anyone have a more specific schedule or did I miss a page? Thanks... Also thanks to AHB for the very detailed schedule....

I think those practices must be in the other rink (and for some reason are not listed). This facility has 2 rinks right next to each other. You can see into both rinks by standing at the top and looking through the glass.

For anyone coming - the benches are hard. It is still quite warm - 70's-80's. The rink is cold but not frigid - you can go outside to warm up. Since there isn't a football game this year, I anticipate smaller crowds and a much calmer atmosphere. A nice, pleasant day at the rink.

GF2445

Record Breaker
US Figure Skating's press material says (emphasis added):
Exclusive streaming video of all competition will be available to [Icenetwork] subscribers, while free recaps, news and photos will be accessible to all users.
http://usfigureskating.org/Story.asp?id=50370&type=media (Aug 13)​

Never say never ;), but it would come as quite a surprise (IMO) -- esp. at this late date -- if the ISU were to announce that it is providing any video or live streaming this year. It has not done so in past years.

Thanks golden411
It's a shame that those outside the USA can't watch the full event. I was hoping that the challenger series would prompt or heavily encourage world wide live streaming of events.
I suppose recaps will do...and maybe a youtube link or two :)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Thanks golden411
It's a shame that those outside the USA can't watch the full event. I was hoping that the challenger series would prompt or heavily encourage world wide live streaming of events.

There were a couple of fancams last year. IceNetwork also geoblocks this event. (Hola, Unblocker! ;) )

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Thanks golden411

I hear you re the advent of the Challenger series, GF.
Just wishful thinking, but I wonder whether the chances of ISU streaming of some of the Challenger events will increase at all after the JGP (other than the final) concludes ... meaning that the same production team possibly would be available, if the ISU wanted to provide streaming of later Challenger competitions.

A.H.Black

Final Flight
A friend received a copy of the final schedule yesterday. She was asked not to share it so just sent notes. There is a nice color-coded schedule out there somewhere. Of course it isn't on the website. I'm not sure why they even have a website for the Classic as no one has bothered to update it. If anyone happens to see the new schedule, please share it.

Anyway here are my friend's notes.

It is considerably changed from the one we got last Monday.
There are now only 2 groups in Dance. Probably due to Chock & Bates withdrawing. So dance practice on Thursday
is the same but Ladies practise now starts at 2:55.
They then put in warm-ups for Men and Dance which puts the starting time for competition back an hour . Men's short ends at 9:40.
Everything on Friday is pushed back from 20 to 30 minutes. ending at 10:35. Unless you want to see the medals ceremony.
Saturday - everything is later - from 20 to 45 minutes. Jr Short Dance is at 11:05 a.m. They were not listed before. Ends at 9:10 - sans medal ceremony.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... There is a nice color-coded schedule out there somewhere. Of course it isn't on the website. I'm not sure why they even have a website for the Classic as no one has bothered to update it. If anyone happens to see the new schedule, please share it. ...

SLC COLOR-CODED SCHEDULE (dated Sep 9):

The link is on the home page of the USFS site ... but I definitely agree that it is maddening that the Classic site is not being updated.
I have written out below the revised schedule (excluding practices) for seniors.​

THU Sep 11

~ Senior Pairs SP 7:20 - 8:10 pm (local time)

~ Senior Men SP 8:25 - 9:40 pm​

FRI Sep 12

~ Senior SD 3:50 - 5:05 pm

~ Senior Ladies SP 5:20 - 7:35 pm

~ Senior Pairs FS 7:50 - 8:50 pm

~ Senior Men FS 9:05 - 10:35 pm

~ Awards Champ Pairs

~ Awards Champ Men​

SAT Sep 13

~ Senior Ladies FS 5:00 - 7:35 pm

~ Senior FD 7:50 - 9:10 pm

~ Awards Champ Ladies

~ Awards Champ Dance​

The revised schedule for seniors is reflected on the Icenetwork video schedule page for the Classic:

Novice and Junior Challenge Skate entries list (updated as of Sep 9):

The ISU results page is up. http://www.isuresults.com/events/fsevent00051564.htm

Chock and Bates are no longer listed.

@amyrosewater
Igor Shpilband, coach of @Evan_Bates and @chockolate02, says team decided not to compete in SLC. No injuries. Will skate at Nebelhorn.
12:03 PM - 9 Sep 2014
https://twitter.com/amyrosewater/status/509416787734441984

braulio

Spectator
I wanted to watch Chock and Bates new programs!

Now will have to wait until Nebelhorn Trophy (that will have a live streaming)

ice coverage

Record Breaker

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I am wondering whether tech rulings received by other Shpilband teams mean C&B are scrambling to change some elements...but it could be anything.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thanks golden411 for all the updates and info, much appreciated!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Below are the latest/greatest user-friendly SCHEDULES (as of Sep 10) -- not including practices -- both for the SLC Classic and for Challenge Skate.

2014 SLC Classic RESULTS page will be here:

2014 SLC Challenge Skate RESULTS page will be here:

~~~~~~~~~

2014 U.S. International Figure Skating CLASSIC Schedule (all times Mountain, subject to change)

Thursday, Sept. 11

7:20 PM: Senior Pairs Short Program

8:25 PM: Senior Men’s Short Program​

Friday, Sept. 12

3:50 PM: Senior Short Dance

5:20 PM: Senior Ladies Short Program

7:50 PM: Senior Pairs Free Skate

9:05 PM: Senior Men’s Free Skate

10:40 PM: Senior Men’s and Pairs Awards Ceremonies​

Saturday, Sept. 13

5:00 PM: Senior Ladies Free Skate

7:50 PM: Senior Free Dance

9:20 PM: Senior Dance and Ladies Awards Ceremonies​

2014 U.S. CHALLENGE SKATE Schedule (all times Mountain, subject to change)

Thursday, Sept. 11

8:55 AM: Novice Pairs Short Program

10:05 AM: Novice Ladies Short Program

11:45 AM: Novice Men’s Short Program​

Friday, Sept. 12

7:55 AM: Novice Men’s Free Skate

9:45 AM: Novice Ladies Free Skate

11:30 AM: Novice Pairs Free Skate

12:40 AM: Novice Men, Ladies, and Pairs Award Ceremonies​

Saturday, Sept. 13

10:15 AM: Novice Pattern Dance

11:05 AM: Junior Short Dance

11:40 AM: Junior Ladies Short Program

2:30 PM: Junior Men’s Short Program

3:45 PM: Junior Pairs Short Program​

Sunday, Sept. 14

8:55 AM: Novice Free Dance

10:00 AM: Junior Free Dance

10:35 AM: Junior Ladies Free Skate

1:25 AM: Novice Dance and Junior Ladies and Dance Award Ceremonies

1:55 PM: Junior Men’s Free Skate

3:20 PM: Junior Pairs Free Skate

4:30 PM: Junior Men’s and Pairs Award Ceremonies​

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
http://www.isuresults.com/events/fsevent00051564.htm

DANCE, AS OF TODAY, Sept. 11

Results/ Entries on ISU site
1 Marieve CYR / Benjamin BRISEBOIS GAUDREAU CAN 1
2 Nicole ORFORD / Thomas WILLIAMS CAN 1
Andreanne POULIN / Marc-Andre SERVANT CAN 1 S
3 Tatiana KOZMAVA / Aleksandr ZOLOTAREV GEO 2
4 Pilar MAEKAWA MORENO / Leonardo MAEKAWA MORENO MEX 3
5 Sara HURTADO / Adria DIAZ ESP 4
6 Alexandra ALDRIDGE / Daniel EATON USA 5
7 Anastasia CANNUSCIO / Colin MCMANUS USA 5
Kaitlin HAWAYEK / Jean-Luc BAKER USA 5 S
Anastasia OLSON / Ian LORELLO USA 5 S

MEN
. Name Nation
1 Andrei ROGOZINE CAN 1
Jeremy TEN CAN 1 S
2 Bela PAPP FIN 2
3 Ronald LAM HKG 3
4 Daisuke MURAKAMI JPN 4
5 Balam LABARRIOS MEX 5
6 Maverick EGUIA PHI 6
7 Max AARON USA 7
8 Ross MINER USA 7
9 Jordan MOELLER USA 7
10 Douglas RAZZANO USA 7
Sean RABBITT USA 7 S

LADIES

1 Brooklee HAN AUS 1
2 Alaine CHARTRAND CAN 2
3 Beata PAPP FIN 3
4 Jennifer PARKER GER 4
5 Chelsea Chiyan YIM HKG 5
6 Riona KATO JPN 6
7 Fleur MAXWELL LUX 7
8 Frances Clare UNTALAN PHI 8
9 Brittany LAU SIN 9
10 Anastasia KONONENKO UKR 10
11 Polina EDMUNDS USA 11
12 Courtney HICKS USA 11
13 Mirai NAGASU USA 11
14 Ashley SHIN USA 11
Leah KEISER USA 11 S

PAIRS
o. Name Nation
1 Brittany JONES / Joshua REAGAN CAN 1
Vanessa GRENIER / Maxime DESCHAMPS CAN 1 S
2 Marin ONO / Hon Lam TO HKG 2
3 Madeline AARON / Max SETTLAGE USA 3
4 Jessica CALALANG / Zack SIDHU USA 3
5 Alexa SCIMECA / Chris KNIERIM USA 3

ice coverage

Record Breaker

PaulE

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I would like to add my thanks to Doris for the updated entry list. I decided last week to attend the competition and drove from the Olympic Peninsula to pick up my brother in southern Idaho. We arrived this afternoon and attended the practices this evening. I missed the first flight of men but got to see the second. I'm not sure if Max was as strong as his music but he looked good. All the U.S. men looked pretty good in their run throughs. Razzano had problems with a couple of jumps at the start of his run through but after a pause in the middle he finished strong. It was the first time I have seen Jordan Moeller and I was very impressed with his smoothness and musicality.

It is too bad that there are only 5 pairs here. I enjoyed the ones that are here. I was impressed with how polished the run throughs for the 3 USA pairs seemed this early in the season. Aaron and Settlage seemed to really have their program down and skated the practice well. I was not paying attention so I don't know if they did their long or their short. I haven't been following programs this season--does anyone know if both their programs are new or are they repeating one from last year? Even with just the five pairs I am looking forward to seeing their programs in competition.