Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Entries for JGP Courchevel 2014

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by darazam View Post
    According to her page at JSF site she will be at JGP Czech & Germany.
    Thank you for info. Google translate makes understandable translation.
    JGP Czech - we see it at ISU site.

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pororocheburashka View Post
    No official website for JGP Courchevel 2014? ...
    FWIW, a Facebook page devoted to the event:

ETA, the FB page above does seem to be an official page, and maybe is intended to serve the purpose of a full-fledged website. The FB page for ISU Figure Skating linked to it on Aug 11.
    The first stop of the ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating takes place in Courchevel. Like this page to get all the details of the competition.
    https://www.facebook.com/isufiguresk...28111637213779

Otherwise, I see only the FFSG event subpage.

On the Ice
    Although they are not the favorites going in, I am very excited to see Lewis and Bye compete! I think they are one of the better up and coming US ice dance teams!

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    Why nobody makes PR for Japanese skaters?

Wakaba HIGUCHI (substitute for 1st and 2nd Events, most probably wiil be at other Events).
    Novice champion pf Japan, protocols http://www.jsfresults.com/National/2...e/data0205.pdf
    Won Challenge Cup, Hague (novice) http://schaatsen.nl/challenge-cup-2014-en/results
    Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-vFLfBAvss

Interesting girl, I believe.
    Just won gold at the junior level at the Asian Open Figure Skating Trophy too.

Custom Title
    Kolomiets and Lazukin (both from Russia) are out of this JGP. I guess the control skates did not go well for them...
    It seems that Russia is not sending any replacements. I wonder why! They nominated substitutes, but according to the entry list it seems none of them got the spot. Russia will not have enough spots for all those talented junior ladies and yet they throw a spot away?

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Chase Belmontes of the U.S. men will be blogging re Courchevel for IceNetwork, starting Aug 19.
    Fasten your seat belts ... he sounds very excited to share his experiences.

On the Ice
    Deniss Vasiljevs (LAT) has already arrived in Courchevel! His coach posted this: https://www.facebook.com/ingrida.zen...03611959594115

Also, I'm sorry to be a bit out of theme, but he landed his first 3A four days ago (though I doubt he will try it in competition) ! Also from his coach FB: https://www.facebook.com/ingrida.zen...03594607400321

Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Kolomiets and Lazukin (both from Russia) are out of this JGP. I guess the control skates did not go well for them...
    It seems that Russia is not sending any replacements. I wonder why! They nominated substitutes, but according to the entry list it seems none of them got the spot. Russia will not have enough spots for all those talented junior ladies and yet they throw a spot away?
    Kaiumova should take her place, she's the only substitute...

Custom Title
    I think Kolomiets has an injury....

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    Kaiumova should take her place, she's the only substitute...
    Should, but she is not listed in the event as the place holder. She is there still as a substitute. If they updated the list by removing two skaters (Kolomiets and Lazukin), surely it would not take that much effort to change two substitutes status to main spot holder.

Currently frozen as a popsicle Chemistry66's Avatar
    Should, but she is not listed in the event as the place holder. She is there still as a substitute. If they updated the list by removing two skaters (Kolomiets and Lazukin), surely it would not take that much effort to change two substitutes status to main spot holder.
    If they don't place the substitute in since it's so close to the event, and they waited this long to pull Kolomiets, I feel bad for South Korea/USA. KOR is next in line for spots given up, and while I'm not sure if they would use a ton of extras, the US certainly would have used the extra spots.

Medalist
    Why Russian Fed didn't file more names in to the substitute-list? Are there any limitation (i thought not)?

I also want to wish a lot of luck to Deniss Vasiljevs (LAT), he is such an interesting skater and a joy to watch.

Custom Title
    It's a defensive strategy (if a selfish one) to delay a withdrawal until it's too late for the spot to be given to another federation. Why Russia needs to protect Medvedeva, though, from more competition seems laughable.

No change so far in the entries list... does anyone know when the deadline for replacement is?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemistry66 View Post
    If they don't place the substitute in since it's so close to the event, and they waited this long to pull Kolomiets, I feel bad for South Korea/USA. KOR is next in line for spots given up, and while I'm not sure if they would use a ton of extras, the US certainly would have used the extra spots.
    No reason to feel bad for Korea or USA. Russia had plenty of junior ladies skaters who would very willingly take the spot. Those are the ones that missed out, not USA and South Korea!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast