Entries for JGP Courchevel 2014 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Entries for JGP Courchevel 2014

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Should, but she is not listed in the event as the place holder. She is there still as a substitute. If they updated the list by removing two skaters (Kolomiets and Lazukin), surely it would not take that much effort to change two substitutes status to main spot holder.

If they don't place the substitute in since it's so close to the event, and they waited this long to pull Kolomiets, I feel bad for South Korea/USA. KOR is next in line for spots given up, and while I'm not sure if they would use a ton of extras, the US certainly would have used the extra spots.

Anastasi14

On the Ice
Why Russian Fed didn't file more names in to the substitute-list? Are there any limitation (i thought not)?

I also want to wish a lot of luck to Deniss Vasiljevs (LAT), he is such an interesting skater and a joy to watch.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's a defensive strategy (if a selfish one) to delay a withdrawal until it's too late for the spot to be given to another federation. Why Russia needs to protect Medvedeva, though, from more competition seems laughable. :laugh:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
No change so far in the entries list... does anyone know when the deadline for replacement is?

hanca

Record Breaker
If they don't place the substitute in since it's so close to the event, and they waited this long to pull Kolomiets, I feel bad for South Korea/USA. KOR is next in line for spots given up, and while I'm not sure if they would use a ton of extras, the US certainly would have used the extra spots.

No reason to feel bad for Korea or USA. Russia had plenty of junior ladies skaters who would very willingly take the spot. Those are the ones that missed out, not USA and South Korea!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Men's practice does not officially start until ten minutes after the hour, according to the published schedule.

ETA, water under the bridge, but I was wrong about the schedule b/c the one on FFSG's site is outdated :bang: -- so beware. (I am deleting the bad FFSG link from this post.)
I learned my lesson: should rely only on the ISU site for the latest version of the schedule:

So let's stay tuned to see if the live feed will start working momentarily...

ETA, darn ... it still does not work.
But maybe the practice feed never was intended to go live at that link?? AFAIK, the link never showed up on the home page of the ISU JGP YT channel. Without the post above in this thread, I never would have come across the men's practice page.​

ETA:
Thanks to mermaid's alert below , I see that it subsequently has started working. And the link now does appear on the ISU JGP YT home page. All is right in the world.​

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Lol...someone clicked a thumbs down on the feed. :confused2:

Was it someone here who got frustrated when the link wasn't working:laugh:

ice coverage

Record Breaker

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Looks like Edwards/Pang may not have the gold medal sewed up after all. There are only seven judges on the panel, and look where three of them are from: NED UKR RUS BLR CAN USA FRA :popcorn:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
But those 3 will all back the same teams.....the other 4 will go every which way.

Lyinna

Rinkside
I'm not sure Edwards/Pang were to win that easily considering Lobodova/Drozd and Nazarova/Nikitin did really good last year during their GP. Plus they didn't win by that much at BC championship.

That being said I hope the judging will be fair!

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Madeline Edwards seems to have grown some since JW from what I saw at BC SummerSkate. Zhao Pai seemed to be struggling with the lifts in the FD---the third lift was a little scary. Courchevel is at altitude, too, which only makes it harder.