Ina Bauer move | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Ina Bauer move

aftertherain

Record Breaker
I've noticed even though Shizuka's back during Ina Bauer bends so much, her back during biellmann doesn't. Same with Yuna. On a contrary, Mao does a beautiful biellmann, but she can't do an ina bauer.

I don't know about Yuna, but I'm pretty Shizuka was "forced" to learn the Biellmann later in her career(?) after she realized she'd need it for the CoP system--she didn't particularly like learning it because the process was painful.

makaihime

Final Flight
^That was probably at a different location because the costume is different and the one in the gif is a drifting piece of ice. The show sent Shizuka to Alaska after her win in 2006 and she did a couple of different moves :laugh: Japan seems to love flying their skaters to random places to skate. Didn't Mao just go to Dobsina Ice Cave and stepped on the ice with her skates? :p

BusyMom

Medalist
^That was probably at a different location because the costume is different and the one in the gif is a drifting piece of ice. The show sent Shizuka to Alaska after her win in 2006 and she did a couple of different moves :laugh: Japan seems to love flying their skaters to random places to skate. Didn't Mao just go to Dobsina Ice Cave and stepped on the ice with her skates? :p
I've been searching for the show for so long with no luck. But my dear Japanese friend did the wonder work this morning. :bow: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1zr2qs_氷上でイナバウアー-荒川静香-shizuka-arakawa_fun

Anyway, I did saw the short video of the shoot of the pix I post. She actually did the Bauer on that small ice. Very scary but impressive. I might ask my friend to do another dirty work. :laugh:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Love it! Gorgeous angles.
Yes, and from this angle, looks very manly: http://instagram.com/p/qyM0rxFEmB/

I've been searching for the show for so long with no luck. But my dear Japanese friend did the wonder work this morning. :bow: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1zr2qs_氷上でイナバウアー-荒川静香-shizuka-arakawa_fun
I wonder about the temperature there...:eek: so awesome yet scary at the same time.
Anyway, I did saw the short video of the shoot of the pix I post. She actually did the Bauer on that small ice. Very scary but impressive. I might ask my friend to do another dirty work. :laugh:
I really wonder about the temperature! Awesome and scary at the same time.:slink:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I always thought Skating has the funniest exotic names/terms. I mean Ina Bauer, that could be Jack Bauer's grandmother, I practically keep count down the seconds every time someone do one of those beautiful *but surely painful and dangerous* positions in the 24 TV series thrilling seconds count downs.

I kind of wish there are more new moves with new name every year but that does't seem to be the case since the COP era. Was Denise Biellmann the last one with the original move in the 70s/80s became popularised? Or is that Zayak rule after Elaine Zayak in the 80s.

Consider how innovative and advanced Madori Ito is ahead of her time, surprised she hasn't got one named after her. When I think of doing a 'Midori', some how I ends up thinking of that moment she crashed out of the rink into the cameraman only bounced back so quickly like nothing has happened and completed the rest of her routine, which was a pretty funny and awesome moment captured on film. Or how about Kurt Browning, what is doing a 'Browning' these days? I keep think of Javier's Gym/disco skit/gala routine for some reason, something about the ease, playfulness, entertainment and genius at the same time. It seems unfair to have someone as brilliantly skilled skater like Patrick Chan's name only became known for the term 'inflation' rather than something uniquely Chan like move in this sport. How about Michelle Kwan, surely a Kwan spiral should be named ... yet not unique enough? Yuna has her fan nicked 'Yuna spin' but really a variation of previous bend leg layover camel spin... previously signature move by Josée Chouinard, variation after Button Camel. What about Plushenko? Plushy Quads, does't sound right either.

Caroline Zhang's unique pearl spin hasn't been around long enough or consistent enough, or able to be replicated enough to establish a formal skating term. Among all the young skaters today, Yulia's crazy leg above head spin seems to deserve her own category, but doing a 'lip' or doing a 'lipni' doesn't sound right. Doing Yulia doesn't sound right either. Whether it can be reproduced by other young skaters or even herself after age 18 remains a big question mark.

Pamigena

Record Breaker

papa

Match Penalty
Among all the young skaters today, Yulia's crazy leg above head spin seems to deserve her own category, but doing a 'lip'[/B] or doing a 'lipni' doesn't sound right. Doing Yulia doesn't sound right either. Whether it can be reproduced by other young skaters or even herself after age 18 remains a big question mark.
You were very close. Russian kids these days call it "doing a lipa". :)

vlaurend

Final Flight
Caroline Zhang's unique pearl spin hasn't been around long enough or consistent enough, or able to be replicated enough to establish a formal skating term. .

Caroline actually coined the term "pearl spin". As for other moves recently named after skaters, there's the "Rippon Lutz" now (2 arms over the head instead of one, which would be the 'Tano Lutz, named after Brian Boitano). Have you seen Courtney Hicks' spin? I think she dubbed it the "Twicks" spin. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA0dBZnxfcs

mskater93

Record Breaker
Consider how innovative and advanced Midori Ito is ahead of her time, surprised she hasn't got one named after her. When I think of doing a 'Midori', some how I ends up thinking of that moment she crashed out of the rink into the cameraman only bounced back so quickly like nothing has happened and completed the rest of her routine, which was a pretty funny and awesome moment captured on film. Or how about Kurt Browning, what is doing a 'Browning' these days? I keep think of Javier's Gym/disco skit/gala routine for some reason, something about the ease, playfulness, entertainment and genius at the same time. It seems unfair to have someone as brilliantly skilled skater like Patrick Chan's name only became known for the term 'inflation' rather than something uniquely Chan like move in this sport. How about Michelle Kwan, surely a Kwan spiral should be named ... yet not unique enough? Yuna has her fan nicked 'Yuna spin' but really a variation of previous bend leg layover camel spin... previously signature move by Josée Chouinard, variation after Button Camel.
Ito did the layover camel before Chouinard

lefeury

Rinkside
I love all of the aforementioned Ina Bauers. Just wanted to mention that Julia's SL Ina Bauer, especially the one done during the team skate at Sochi looked like a small unconscious or dead child being carried the way that she went limp with her back and arms. It gave me chills as part of the story of the girl in the red coat. To the untrained skating fan I think it came off that way too. Just one indication of how powerful that move can be in raising emotion in a program.