Question about the GS interviews | Golden Skate

Question about the GS interviews

lulu

Final Flight
This probably isn't the right place to put this post, but I'm not sure where else to put it. :eek:

I enjoyed reading the recent interviews with Denkova & Stavinski and the article about Geller-Rabinowitz and Mitchell (Talk about overachievers!:eek: )

I was wondering how the GS chose skaters to do interviews with?

The articles are great.

Hi, Lulu. ITA agree about the quality of the GS articles and interviews. Are you signed up to get the newsletter?

Our fearless leader Paula is an outstanding journalist. I am sure that she appreciates comments like yours -- who wouldn't? LOL.

This is the right folder for feedback about articles as well as the forum. You could also start a thread on the Edge about any article that you think is interesting and would like to discuss. That's always welcome because there might be other people interested in the article who don't notice it until it is brought to their attention.

Mathman :)

lulu

Final Flight
About the goldenskate newsletter, do they just include articles featured on the website, or do they also include articles not featured on the GS site?
Or, is it mostly a newsletter of updates to the GS site?

Thanks

The newsletter mostly provides links to articles on the GS mainpage and to news items, which are also available on the main page. If you read the GS main page frequently, I guess you don't really need the newsletter, too. But I like to get it because it highlights articles and news stories of particular interest that I might not otherwise notice, plus it comes by email so I get to see it even if I didn't visit GS that day.

Also, I assume that the more people who subscribe to the newsletter, the better that is for attracting sponsors for GS.

If you want to subscribe, just click on "newletter" on the GS main page. You can unsubscibe in the same way.

Mathman:)

lulu

Final Flight
Thanks Mathman for the information. Just curious-do you know how Paula, or whoever, chooses who to do interviews with?
I enjoyed the recent one with Sarah Meier-a skater I haven't heard a lot about.

No, I don't know, Lulu. I assume that all journalistic endeavors put a lot of thought into the question of what content their readers are most interested in.

I would guess that one of the things that Paula strives for is to present news and information that is not available elsewhere, whether this means features on lesser-known skaters or exclusive interviews and question/answer sessions with the most popular stars.

I will bring this thread to Paula's attention and see if she wants to reveal any of the secrets to her success.:)

Mathman:)

Last edited: