Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The Biellmann Spin

Custom Title
    For sure, Julia's Biellmann variation is the most breathtaking. However, I love the shape of Radionova's Biellmann, and of course Miss Biellmann herself does it amazingly. Lucinda Ruh (obviously) has a nice one as well. Czisny gets fantastic speed and centering on hers too.

Custom Title
    I would say Biellmann herself did it best. But Mao's is also very nice.

Yulia's is insane but I can't compare it to the other Biellmanns. It's basically its own spin.

If Yulia's is an actual Biellmann then yes, I like hers the best...otherwise I'd say Asada Mao/Sotnikova's one handed versions...

Custom Title
    If we're adding one-handed Biellmanns, I really love Jason Brown's. It's one of the few "8-revolution" spin positions I can stand to watch.

Custom Title
    Sasha Cohen had a beautiful Biellmann Spin.

Custom Title
    I'd say Asada's single-handed Biellmann in Bells of Moscow. It's probably one of the more impactful ones I've seen. Apart from that, I don't find Yulia's aesthetically pleasing at all. I LOVE Mirai's as well. Denise's is obviously a given. It's become a bit of a diamond dozen these days and they're all pretty meh.

I will say I like a Biellmann that has speed and a pleasing tear-drop shape. A beautiful arched back is also a must.

I think I'm one of the only few people who don't find Julia's biellmann spin pretty. Impressive, yes. Pretty, no.

Off the top of my head, I liked Radionova's from GPF. I like Mao's too, whether it be the classic kind, with one hand or the half-biellman.

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    I think Polina has a nice Beillman too

Radinova probably has the best one of any current skater.

In search of a summer sport to love <3 desertskates's Avatar
    Most definitely Mirai, imo. One thing that ruins this spin for me with a lot of skaters is the loss of speed, but not her at all. It's gorgeous.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by desertskates View Post
    Most definitely Mirai, imo. One thing that ruins this spin for me with a lot of skaters is the loss of speed, but not her at all. It's gorgeous.
    Yeah, the loss of speed and also wrenching the foot above their head in order to get the level. I also prefer both hands on the blade (unless of course it's Julia's).

Mirai and Julia.

Custom Title
    Lucinda Ruh

Sometimes bad skating happens to good people... LiamForeman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thoakun View Post
    I never stop being in awe of Yulia's version of the Biellmann spin. It's like watching rhythmic gymnasts performing on the ice. The spin should be named after her.
    I personally love JuLiip's because of her flexibility. When I started skating my goal was exactly that spin, even before she was born. She must be missing a vertebra or two because no matter how diligently I stretched I was no where close to the split Biellmann. There are far too many gorgeous Biellmans to choose from now. Caroline Zhang and Nagasu are tops in my book. JuLip's should have another name. It's insane.

Custom Title
    Somewhere over the rainbow where blue birds fly
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamForeman View Post
    I personally love JuLiip's because of her flexibility. When I started skating my goal was exactly that spin, even before she was born. She must be missing a vertebra or two because no matter how diligently I stretched I was no where close to the split Biellmann. There are far too many gorgeous Biellmans to choose from now. Caroline Zhang and Nagasu are tops in my book. JuLip's should have another name. It's insane.
    it's unreal

Landing 3As in my dreams! skatedreamer's Avatar
    I'm probably a minority of one here but TBH, I think Bielmanns are unattractive no matter how well they're done. I appreciate the flexibility and skill needed to execute them -- just don't like 'em. Please don't throw things...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast