Artistry On Ice 2014 - China | Golden Skate

Artistry On Ice 2014 - China

Krunchii

Record Breaker
It's from July 25 to August 3 in various cities in China, Shen/Zhao are the hosts and the artists that are performing with the skaters are Tanya Chua, Bii and Angela Chang, Deng Chao is performing in Beijing only, Edvin Marton the violinist is also performing

Official Broadcast Videos (Youtube Playlist)
Thanks to the wonderful gallavich =)

Cast:

Men
Evgeni Plushenko - Tosca Fantasy, Best of Plushenko
Johnny Weir - Nagada Sang Dhol (Bollywood),
Stéphane Lambiel - Say I Wanna Know, The Water
Han Yan - Batman, If I Were a Rich Man

Ladies
Shae-Lynn Bourne - Fire Dance, Waka Waka
Joannie Rochette - Beautiful Love (with Tanya Chua), Shot Me Down
Zijun Li - I Dreamed a Dream

Dance
Tessa Virtue /Scott Moir - Into the Mystic, Top Hats and Tails

Pairs
Tatiana Volosozhar / Maxim Trankov
Peng Cheng / Zhang Hao - Notre Dame, Arabian Dance
Yu Xiaoyu/Jin Yang

Acrobats
Vladimir Besedin / Olesky Polishchuk
Marie Pierre Leray

Collaborations
Opening Number 1, Opening Number 2 - choreographed by Shae-Lynn Bourne according to an article
Han Yan and Zijun Li - You Are My Destiny
Hao Zhang and Johnny Weir - Goodbye my Concubine (has a throw 2A!)
Finale

I will post more videos as I find them on youtube, I also have youku links but they don't work for everyone.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Stephane's programs from Shanghai are on Dailymotion.

The Water
Say I Wanna Know

Here's Johnny's Bollywood from Shanghai (on Youku, sorry). He has a new costume and it looks like he's added a bit more Bollywood "flair" compared to the performances I watched from Japan. :thumbsup:

pandaatlarge

On the Ice
Johnny also did a pair performance with Zhang Hao, extremely well received. The name of the program is "Farewell My Concubine". I am not sure how many people outside of China know about this movie or original novel, it is an extraordinarily dramatic, tragic story of two actors in Pear Garden. But judging from the photos and videos I see, Johnny totally get the story and interpreted it perfectly.

thoakun

Final Flight
Johnny also did a pair performance with Zhang Hao, extremely well received. The name of the program is "Farewell My Concubine". I am not sure how many people outside of China know about this movie or original novel, it is an extraordinarily dramatic, tragic story of two actors in Pear Garden. But judging from the photos and videos I see, Johnny totally get the story and interpreted it perfectly.

That movie is quite popular in my country and I agree that Johnny nailed it beautifully. But even if Johnny didn't perform this program, I can't think of any other skater who can pull it off.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Any vids of a Marie Pierre Leray routine?
Unfortunately I can't seem to find any, I only managed to find a photo (here's another) and she has skates on so I'm waiting on a video because it looks really interesting

I am extremely familiar with Farewell my Concubine and I thought Johnny did a great job, apparently they only had about 2 days to practice so I'm glad it turned out well for them =)

Also updated the first post with videos of Shae-Lynn Bourne, Joannie Rochette, Stephane Lambiel, Johnny Weir and Peng/Zhang

LRK

Record Breaker
Collaborations
Opening Number 1, Opening Number 2 - choreographed by Shae-Lynn Bourne according to an articleHan Yan and Zijun Li - You Are My Destiny
Hao Zhang and Johnny Weir - Goodbye my Concubine (has a throw 2A!)
Finale

I will post more videos as I find them on youtube, I also have youku links but they don't work for everyone.

Here's a video of practising the first group number:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEBndmYzEO0

It's Plushy-centric, seeing as it's video'd by his fan club, but the rest of the group can also be seen and run-throughs - plus the choreographer. Is that Shae-Lynn Bourne? She's blonde, at any rate (I don't recognise her, and even if I did I probably wouldn't be able to see - due to my poor eyesight.)

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Here's a video of practising the first group number:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEBndmYzEO0

It's Plushy-centric, seeing as it's video'd by his fan club, but the rest of the group can also be seen and run-throughs - plus the choreographer. Is that Shae-Lynn Bourne? She's blonde, at any rate (I don't recognise her, and even if I did I probably wouldn't be able to see - due to my poor eyesight.)

It is indeed Shae-Lynn. :)

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I quite like all the group numbers--even the opening, which has decent choreography underneath the shiny snakeskin and autotune music. ;) Lol at the announcer's butchered names though! "Shalin Burn"? "Stephane Lamby"? "Tatiana Philosopher"? (Okay, the last is probably the recording quality plus my overactive imagination).

Surprised, but delighted, by the really obvious screams Tess and Scott received. Maybe ice dance is a bigger deal in China than I remember it being?

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I quite like all the group numbers--even the opening, which has decent choreography underneath the shiny snakeskin and autotune music. ;) Lol at the announcer's butchered names though! "Shalin Burn"? "Stephane Lamby"? "Tatiana Philosopher"? (Okay, the last is probably the recording quality plus my overactive imagination).

Maybe he picked up the pronunciations from watching the Eurosport guys ("Die-sacky Takahashi"). ;)

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Lol at the announcer's butchered names though! "Shalin Burn"? "Stephane Lamby"? "Tatiana Philosopher"? (Okay, the last is probably the recording quality plus my overactive imagination).

Probably no more LOL-worthy than the English pronunciations of names of Asian skaters.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
It's about the same quality as B. Eurosport at times, yeah (except "Shalin Burn." What on earth...?). Eurosport is probably even more befuddling because they commentate so often. You'd think they'd have fixed by now.

Crystallize

On the Ice
^I think they fused Yuzuru with Nobunari Oda.

That's most likely what happened. You would think these commentators would have the decency to make sure they have it right beforehand. I can understand small errors, but it's gotten to be too much.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Keep in mind FS commentary, as far I know, isn't edited. Most likely they just couldn't wrap their tongue around the word at that moment. At least they're not constantly calling him Yazunori Hanyu.

The pronunciation I can't understand is Dai-soo-ki. It's been consistently wrong, and never have they even attempted a fix.

Crystallize

On the Ice
Keep in mind FS commentary, as far I know, isn't edited. Most likely they just couldn't wrap their tongue around the word at that moment. At least they're not constantly calling him Yazunori Hanyu.

The pronunciation I can't understand is Dai-soo-ki. It's been consistently wrong, and never have they even attempted a fix.

They're either unaware or lazy. I do get a bit of secondhand embarrassment just hearing it...