Artistry On Ice 2014 - China | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Artistry On Ice 2014 - China

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Surely you mean Haney :p
Actually, Han's nickname is Honey, Kurt gave him the nick name during ArOI 2013, ever since then, lots of skaters call him honey, and some of his fans call him Hanee, and now Haney ;p I just googled "Haney" the name, apparently, a very masculine guy showed up.. lol

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Actually, Han's nickname is Honey, Kurt gave him the nick name during ArOI 2013, ever since then, lots of skaters call him honey, and some of his fans call him Hanee, and now Haney ;p I just googled "Haney" the name, apparently, a very masculine guy showed up.. lol

Ha no wonder!!! With a name like that is begging for a kiss :love:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
IFS Magazine published a nice interview with Hongbo Zhao. He talks about how they plan to expand the show going forward and design it around a particular storyline. I have a lot of admiration for him & Xue Shen and their work in promoting skating in China.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Thanks a lot for this, I will add this to the first post and credit you

If anyone wants any of the talking or MCing translated, just tell me, I'll be happy to help =)
:love: can you translate the part about Plushy? :love: And Li Zijun :love: I can't help but love her so much!! Such a cute and pretty skater. Just a sight of her brightens my face!

Krunchii

Record Breaker
:love: can you translate the part about Plushy? :love: And Li Zijun :love: I can't help but love her so much!! Such a cute and pretty skater. Just a sight of her brightens my face!

For his first performance:
The next skater coming on helped Russia earn the gold medal in the Team Event in the Olympics but due to back injuries he had no choice but to withdraw from the singles' event. The King of the Ice, Russia's Evgeni Plushenko (it can also be loosely translated as Emperor of the Ice). He will be accompanied by the great violinist Edvin Marton.

Best of Plushenko:
Every year in skating you will be reminded that skating and music are very tightly intertwined, the next performance is with our amazing violinist with the irreplaceable figure skating star, please welcome the award winning Edvin Marton and his best friend Evgeni Plushenko! (She called his award the Sports Grammy when Edvin Marton actually won a Sports Emmy lol)

Zijun Li + Han Yan (this two are so stupidly cute I love it!)
At our ice show this year our theme is love, love is all about romantic displays, and here we'd like to let all of you spend an extra day on romance by performing romantic stories for everyone. Now we ask that all the couples in the audience to hold hands and enjoy this romantic story on ice. This performance has two of China's up and coming single skaters. Let's welcome Han Yan and Zijun Li who are performing "You Who Came From The Stars." (it is a song from a Korean drama that was insanely popular in China this year)

I Dreamed a Dream
The skater that is about to come was in the first half of our show playing Chun Song Yi (character in the drama) from "You Who Came From The Stars." Let us welcome China's ladies' single skater, Zijun Li! (the talk before they introduced her was about the themes in the show about love, and how they like to try new things to enhance the performances such as the snow from earlier in the show)

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Thanks a lot for this, I will add this to the first post and credit you

If anyone wants any of the talking or MCing translated, just tell me, I'll be happy to help =)

That's very nice of you! I am just curious about the part with Chih Tsao - doesn't have to be too detailed, but could you just summarize what they talked about? Especially whatever he said that made the audience laugh?

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
That's very nice of you! I am just curious about the part with Chih Tsao - doesn't have to be too detailed, but could you just summarize what they talked about? Especially whatever he said that made the audience laugh?
If you mean the bit after the first performance:

- "Was that performance awesome? Friends at the top, can we hear your applause? This feels very different, since it's my first time collaborating in a performance on ice. Even though it was Tsao Chih-I who stood at the front and performed. [to Tsao] Would you like to introduce yourself?"

- "Hello everyone, my name is Tsao Chih-I. I'm 16 this year. *audience laughter* I'm a native Taiwan competitor."

- "He's really amazing. In fact, yesterday, when I was practicing in this venue with him, I found that I couldn't take my eyes off him. I feel very lucky to be able to perform with him today. Of course, on such an important performance, such an important night, I can't lose to him, right? *audience laughter* What do you think I'm going to perform? What does this look like? Skating, right? Alright, before this special skating performance, let me tell everyone a secret: Yesterday, when I was practicing with him, I initially thought 'oh, it's okay, no big deal' and skated in front of him. Even though I haven't skated for over ten years, I immediately felt something deep. Because before, when I was studying in Vancouver, I had the same experience. But later, because of overconfidence, I fell down. But--[at that moment] I deeply understood how much courage and hard work it takes for these skaters to perform again and again for us. Once again, I would like to applaud these skaters.

"Now, I'm going to perform/possibly make a fool of myself (really hard to translate this phrase). If I'm not very perfect, or even if my butt's on the ice... please don't laugh at me! This next song was decided yesterday on the fly. I wanted to connect with everyone on a deeper level, instead of just standing on stage singing. I hope everyone in the audience, including people at the top, can join me and Tsao Chih-I in this performance. Is that alright?" *audience: yes!* *announces name of song*

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Thank you Sandpiper! I had been at work and I was unable to watch the video to translate it haha

bunnychan

Rinkside
I find it really depressing that everyone can only focus on the negatives of the Farewell My Concubine performance. I personally absolutely love it, and while I recognize the signs of minimal rehearsal time, I think they did an admirable job with what they had, and most important for me, the emotions are there. This isn't supposed to draw in audiences because of the peking opera aspect (which they actually did include, mostly at the beginning and end) but because it's based on the movie. I think there's nothing wrong with having matching scenes from the film, in fact it was probably intentional--it's the same thing people have done in the past when skating to music from a film or opera, like the ever-popular Carmen.

I guess we all have the right to like what we like, but I feel like people are missing something great by dismissing it.