Exhibition programs...Clean or Challenging which do you prefer? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Exhibition programs...Clean or Challenging which do you prefer?

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Here is an EX by Hanyu which I really enjoyed this year. He does a 4T and 3A --but the other elements in the program are also lovely and I think his posture looks better here than before.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3th5CFvoOY
My other favorite performers in Galas are Radionova, Takahashi, Akiko, Lambiel and Fernandez. --So you can see, I like all types. :biggrin:

Lovely exhibition! Also it's amazing that he has two big ticket jumps seamlessly integrated. It elevates the performance more than if it were a just a 3T and a 2A, but that being said, the exhibition isn't dependent or defined by the jumps alone. Lovely spins too. THAT is a good example of an ideal exhibition.

fallingsk8er

On the Ice
I prefer clean exhibitions where the skater appears to be having fun or the skater appears to be doing what he or she does best.
I say bring on the props, wigs, feathers, chairs, gloves and ridiculous costumes too. Anything that shows personality.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I prefer clean exhibitions where the skater appears to be having fun or the skater appears to be doing what he or she does best.
I say bring on the props, wigs, feathers, chairs, gloves and ridiculous costumes too. Anything that shows personality.
Javi's acrobic ex. Lol at his superman costume. :biggrin:

Pattina

On the Ice

Tahahashi's new EX "Carnival" (Jazz music): just glimpses of yesterday's reharsal - to watch full program we have to wait a couple of weeks or so when "Friends On Ice" show wil be aired.

He looks having great time and indeed he shows his amazing personality :clap: OK this is for shows, maybe for a "formal" Gala it would be "too much"

http://instagram.com/p/r_2BmjNELH/?modal=true

http://instagram.com/p/r_2L35NELV/?modal=true

I don't care too much about quads or difficult jumps in exhibition programs, as long as they have solid choreo and interpretation.
Rumors that Dai has no jumps in this Ex, but he does not need them to sell a captivating and involving show program.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I loved Radionova program...so beautifully choreographed and good interpretation. If i remember correctly, Julia skated Je t'aime (Lara Fabian). I liked her as she looked more mature with her relaxed hair...I am not a fan of exhibitions, but I watch and I enjoy if I have the opportunity to watch them on TV. Otherwise, I only select some skaters and try to find their exh on youtube...

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I like seeing something you can't see in competition. Be it comedic, more interpretive than you could realistically win win with, back flips, props, whatever. I like seeing it as a chance for the skaters to be playful and show off what they physically/creatively can do, but could not do because of rules, or points.

I love it on the rare occasion a couple of singles skaters do a pairs routine for fun I recall Oksana Baiul with Viktor Petrenko and Nancy Kerrigan with Paul Wiley each did this at the Olympics.

I recall seeing once, a pairs team, that I had never heard of that did a routine with ice skates on their hands, it was so bizarre, I loved it. They said her's were normal, but his had handles so he could do hand stands. I want to see more stuff like that!. . . and that one if anyone possibly remembers it.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

I do like this! That's why even though I hate the song I could watch the videos of Max doing "What Makes You Beautiful" all day long because he looks like he's having an absolute ball while flirting with the crowd the whole way through and throwing in a bunch of big jumps. Wish there was a fancam of the quad loop version.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I just saw a Clip of Daisuke and Akiko Dancing a Tango together. ...I WANT THE WHOLE PROGRAM!! I must be patient.