2014 Finlandia Trophy | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2014 Finlandia Trophy

russell30

Final Flight
Great news, thanks for sharing! :)

Thats's great a big fingers crossed for Kiira - hope and prey and that god is on her side and let her be healthy - she is a gorgeous skater. IF all goes well hope she stays until 2017 worlds.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Well, now I'm reading on VK that Artur will not go to Finlandia, but compete at the Cup of Russia this weekend in Yoshkar-Ola. Sigh...but if Petrov takes his place, it will be interesting to see how he fares against the seniors.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Well, now I'm reading on VK that Artur will not go to Finlandia, but compete at the Cup of Russia this weekend in Yoshkar-Ola. Sigh...but if Petrov takes his place, it will be interesting to see how he fares against the seniors.
I wonder why Artur will not go? So sad...

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Aww, I wanted to see Artur compete. But best of luck to Petrov! I really liked his performances in the JGP.

LRK

Record Breaker
She will be competing next at nationals in December, so no she won't be at FT :(

In this piece of news from June they say that she has made a full recovery and has already been able to train on ice.

In another, linked article she says that she's really excited about Worlds in Helsinki in 2017. She says she's thinking about continuing her career until then.

I'm glad she means to continue for a few years - lovely to hear, thank you! (Maybe when 2017 comes she'll realise that 2018 Oly's is just a year away... ;) ) I'll be glad to see her back - I've missed her. I hope she does well in Euros and Worlds this year. :)

LRK

Record Breaker

That's strange, isn't it... ? I mean, if he's competing at Cup of Russia, that means he must be competition ready. So, why Cup of Russia instead of Finlandia? Does anyone know - or can anyone guess at the reasoning behind the decision?

Yes, I'm curious to see how Petrov will do too competing against seniors - he's signed up at Volvo Cup as well, if I remember correctly.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
That's strange, isn't it... ? I mean, if he's competing at Cup of Russia, that means he must be competition ready. So, why Cup of Russia instead of Finlandia? Does anyone know - or can anyone guess at the reasoning behind the decision?

Here is info from AlexRus copied from the Russian qualifiers thread:

Qualifiers to Russian Senior and Junior Nationals - Events of Russian Cup
1st - 9-13 Sep 2014, Samara
2nd - 6-10 Oct 2014, Sochi
3rd - 27-31 Oct 2014, Yoshkar-Ola
4th - 18-22 Nov 2014, Kazan
5th - 2-6 Dec 2014, Moscow.
Qualified to Senior Nationals are skaters-couples, who have best results of two Russian Cup Events (Senior), by rules like qualification to GP and JGP Final. Also qualified are skaters-couples who had GP Events and JGP Finalists.
Qualified to Junior Nationals are skaters-couples, who have best results of two Russian Cup Events (Junior), by rules like qualification to GP and JGP Final. Also qualified are skaters-couples who had JGP Events.

edit - doublechecked VK again and Yoshkar-Ola IS happening this week...Artur tweeted that he is there now. I guess Sochi is at the end of the month?

Since 2 of those dates are within just a few days of Artur's GP events, and he wasn't in the first qualifying event, maybe he has to compete at Yoshkar-Ola and (I'm guessing) Moscow. But then, shouldn't his GP events qualify him automatically for Nationals? I have no clue...:confused2:

AnnaTheMusician

On the Ice
I just found out at the Finnish official figure skating website that Kiira is indeed named to compete at Golden Spin of Zagreb in December and before that at Warsaw Cup, 21.-24.11.

I think that list was made many months ago when they knew Kiira wouldn't be ready for the early season competitions. But it makes sense - she said in some interview in the beginning of September (http://www.katsomo.fi/?progId=374153&itemId=74277) that she is planning to attend some international competition before nationals. Zagreb or Warsaw - I wish she would be ready then!

kingandqueen

Spectator
Hi everyone! I'm selling one 3-day ticket to FT. It would have been lovely to go but unfortunately I can't. If you are interested, send me private message, please.

slider11

Medalist
I'm anxious to see Adam Rippon. Such a beautiful skater; just needs to pull it all together. Go Adam!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
So is Artur really not going? I am so sad! I am sure he could win this!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
So is Artur really not going? I am so sad! I am sure he could win this!

No, he skated today & tomorrow in Russian qualifiers and he wrote on VK that it gives him more time to prepare for the GP. It's a pity, but at least he's getting some competition time in. I guess it will be Sergei, Adam, & Sasha Petrov on the podium then.

TMC

Record Breaker
Is anyone planning on attending (maybe rehearsals as well) and writing a report a la Alex D?

I'm thinking of doing something like that, but I probably won't be able to go to the rehearsals...

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Is anyone planning on attending (maybe rehearsals as well) and writing a report a la Alex D?

I'm thinking of doing something like that, but I probably won't be able to go to the rehearsals...

I'd be so grateful for any reports you can give. :)
I love reading first hand reports...and opinions too.