Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Maria Sotskova

Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    I didn't think her Tango program suited her a lot, she is more a "subtle" skater and she wasn't able to express the Tango feeling very well, while Vivaldi worked perfectly for me, it was elegant and different from the rest, kind of strange but in a good way!
    I adore her Vivaldi program too! It's a good idea to keep the program for current season.

It worry me that she is not in the list of competitors of the first four JGP events. Is it due to her injury?

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    I've been watching her JGPF skates a lot the last few days. Such interesting music choices and such a unique approach. Hope she gets thru her injury and growth issues and gets back to form and soon

Custom Title
    This is my favorite performance by Maria https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI4A...PkENg_wTnyOLm3

Incredibly elegant for her age, flexible spins, balletic grace in body movements, refined, classical presentation, magnificent layback spin with smooth transition into beautifully pliable Biellmann, entrancing step sequence with smooth multi-directional changes, wonderful layback of the head during the turns, and nicely mixed with wonderful illusion spins with her head down in a camel position and her legs revolving in a tilted spherical trajectory. Fine leap into a flying sit spin with full leg extension. Erect posture entering and exiting jumps while spreading her arms out with a dramatic flair with her eyes fixed on the audience when finished.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhodium View Post
    I adore her Vivaldi program too! It's a good idea to keep the program for current season.

It worry me that she is not in the list of competitors of the first four JGP events. Is it due to her injury?

I just found the events that Maria Sotskova is entered in for the JGP but as a substitute. Is she still injured? Does anyone know when she will be able of skate?

ISU JGP Czech Skate 2014 03.09.2014 - 06.09.2014

ISU JGP Nagoya TV Cup 2014 11.09.2014 - 14.09.2014

Her schedule looks kind of rough: skating two weeks back to back. I hope she handles it well.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gotoschool View Post
    I just found the events that Maria Sotskova is entered in for the JGP but as a substitute. Is she still injured? Does anyone know when she will be able of skate?

ISU JGP Czech Skate 2014 03.09.2014 - 06.09.2014

ISU JGP Nagoya TV Cup 2014 11.09.2014 - 14.09.2014

Her schedule looks kind of rough: skating two weeks back to back. I hope she handles it well.
    Maria is listed as a substitute for those competitions you mentioned. She is main entry for Tallinn.

Any news on her current status? Hope she can compete well and qualify to JGP final.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Totentanz View Post
    Maria is listed as a substitute for those competitions you mentioned. She is main entry for Tallinn.

Any news on her current status? Hope she can compete well and qualify to JGP final.
    Thanks for the information. As you said, I believe it was in the JGP thread where I read that Maria was scheduled to perform in the Tallinn Cup in late September. I just forgot to post it here. The only other information I have comes from fsuniverse:

Maofan7 said: ↑http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/inde...4.92797/page-9
    Sotskova has recovered from the Meniscus injury that kept her out of 2014 junior Worlds. She then had a groin strain which prevented her from training in July. Nevertheless, she returned in time to take part in the Russian test skates. However, the missed training and a growth spurt have meant that she is not yet back to her best. Hopefully, she will be soon.

I hope she returns to full health quickly and skates even better this season.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gotoschool View Post
    I hope she returns to full health quickly and skates even better this season.
    Thank you, I wish the same.

Custom Title
    She is competing today at Moscow Open Junior Championships. Hope we'll see good results.

Quote Originally Posted by Totentanz View Post
    She is competing today at Moscow Open Junior Championships. Hope we'll see good results.
    She takes second place after the SP (59.95). Polina Tsurskaya leads (61.57).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhodium View Post
    She takes second place after the SP (59.95). Polina Tsurskaya leads (61.57).
    Past season Maria had at inner competitions SP score 64+.
    Maybe, she did not fully restore?

Custom Title

Custom Title
    She was not bad but somewhat slow and cautious. The flip in combination was impressive though.

Maria's delightful new LP She is not in a good shape though...

Love popcorn, hate horendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    The music is weird.

Maria changed her FS, now music is soundtrack to "Funny Face" and "Breakfast at Tiffany's".

I agree that old music was weird but I love her choreography - it's so particular with close attention to details I think her choreographer should work with top skaters.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast