1 JUN HWAN CHA CJH 60.53 1
    2 SI HYOUNG LEE LSH 54.09 2
    3 GEON HYOUNG AN AGH 46.40 3

high school mens class A SP
    1 JUNE HYOUNG LEE LJH 60.43 1
    2 SE JONG BYUN BSJ 51.99 2

university mens class A SP
    1 DONG WON LEE LDW 30.00 1

I have not seen any videos uploaded of the men.

I find it amusing that Junhwan outscored Junehyoung, albeit by just .1 pts. Junhwan beat Junehyoung in TES (32.93 > 30.75) while Junehyoung only outscored Junhwan in PCS by a couple of points (30.68 > 28.60). The judges are certainly being fair and playing no favorites.

All day 1 results and protocols can be downloaded at this link: http://www.skating.or.kr/download/do...C.zip&dir=game
    Thank you for the updates! I think Junhwan has the most potential of all the young Korean skaters.

really looking forward to So Youn Ahn.....

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by matmuh View Post
    ohh thats not good news, i think i will start not expecting much from her so that i wont be sad when she doesnt do well and will be extremely happy when she does well thanks for the update btw
    I'm going to do the same. I really hope she can find the consistency soon because she really does have the technical goods to compete with the top ladies.

Tripping on the Podium
    SoYoun's LP (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUNIGOBE2N0):
    3Lz good, 3S-3T (blocked from camera view), 3F, FCSp looks like it's improving a bit, 3Lz-2T-2Lo (3Lz a bit tight but she worked for the combo), 3Lo looked rotated but stepout, 2A-3T (blocked from camera view), 2A
    Good skate overall, surprised at the low score--something must have happened on the 3S-3T or 2A-3T that was blocked from the camera view

High School Group - Total Scores:
    SoYoun Park - 156.68 (49.9 SP + 106.78 FS)
    Haejin Kim - 144.80
    Songjoo Chae - 132.34
    Won Hee Choi 125.21
    Taekyung Kim - 100.74
    Last edited by clippers8200; 02-25-2015 at 04:28 AM.

Custom Title
    ^^ sounds a lot better than yesterday, glad she hold it together (kinda), i think low score also must be because of her PCS, she never gets high pcs even in her own country

Custom Title
    If I were to guess she did a 3S+2T and messed up the 2A+3T combo.

By the way, she changed the entry into the flip (there's steps now!). Makes that part of the program flow better.

lighting candles for everyone sunny_stars's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andyjo24 View Post
    If I were to guess she did a 3S+2T and messed up the 2A+3T combo.

By the way, she changed the entry into the flip (there's steps now!). Makes that part of the program flow better.
    https://www.facebook.com/soyounZZang...type=1&theater

yeah she doubled her toe on the 3S-3T combo....kinda wary about it now since she hasn't been doing it consistently since the past few competitions

I'm also starting to wonder if she should change her 3loop entry. This might sound weird but I would love her to land it properly with a "stalk-y prep" entry rather than her usual entry
    Last edited by sunny_stars; 02-25-2015 at 01:02 PM.

Custom Title
    Does anyone have reports of the other skaters? (like HJ.... )

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by sunny_stars View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/soyounZZang...type=1&theater

yeah she doubled her toe on the 3S-3T combo....kinda wary about it now since she hasn't been doing it consistently since the past few competitions

I'm also starting to wonder if she should change her 3loop entry. This might sound weird but I would love her to land it properly with a "stalk-y prep" entry rather than her usual entry
    Ah, she also skipped her 3T on her 2A-3T combo; that explains the score. But 49 PCS?

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by invisiblespiral View Post
    Does anyone have reports of the other skaters? (like HJ.... )
    Here's a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5tPmjuDMSg

Here are protocols: http://www.skating.or.kr/download/do...C.zip&dir=game

Haejin FS
    3Lz+2T, 3F<, 2A, 3Lz<, 3T+1T, 2A+2T+2Lo
    TES - 49.88 + PCS - 46.70 - 5.00 Deduction = 91.58

And she received a 5 point deduction for "Interruption in excess" for some reason o.O

lighting candles for everyone sunny_stars's Avatar
    wow Korean judges aren't backing down on their scoring

Even CJH beat June Hyoung's total score....
    not a fair comparison since June Hyoung is having off days but really these scoring are

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    I really like So Youn and find her programs very enjoyable and part of it is a basic approach rooted in feel and subtlety.

The thing is...to accomplish this and score well it puts a lot more emphasis on each element because there is less to look at for the judges....if that even makes sense. My point is every little error that she commits tends to stand out. I remember when she fell on a loop jump at SA and it was during a section that had little choreo in it which IMO led to her PCS being hurt. It took her something like 40 seconds to reconnect to the program at the level she is capable of. Partially because there were little to no transitions or choreo at that part of the program which only added to the disturbance. I don't think the answer is adding a ton of transitions because that's not her style (although I think she could use a few more effective ones) but instead she just needs to land a clean program...her way. The beauty I find in her skating is similar to that of a moment of silence woven into a piece of music. It just feels right.

I'd like her to stop butchering her spins too. It just seems so unnecessary to me.
    Last edited by Sam-Skwantch; 02-25-2015 at 01:55 PM.

only here for my juniors jimeonji's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sunny_stars View Post
    wow Korean judges aren't backing down on their scoring

Even CJH beat June Hyoung's total score....
    not a fair comparison since June Hyoung is having off days but really these scoring are
    Junehyoung lost a lot of points in TES - Junehyoung's PCS was still higher in the FS even though he bombed. The Korean judges are definitely on the harsh side.... no favorites at all.

Tripping on the Podium
    WOW I was surprised of her development.. and it's really fast!!!!
    She was born in 2004, so her age may be 10 or 11 I think.

She landed 3Lz-2-2, 3S-3T, and 2A-3T in her free skating in this competition, and got 1st place of elementary school girls division.
    maybe some jumps were under-rotated though.
    Here is link. Young YOU

I wanna bet on her bright future.
    Last edited by Hailey Shin; 02-27-2015 at 09:32 AM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7