Sasha's quad | Golden Skate

Sasha's quad

sarahmistral

On the Ice
not perfect, but landed...in practice. Sorry to those who've already seen it; I found a video of it for anyone who's interested (some of these rare, difficult jumps are a bit like UFOs, as we're always tracking "sightings":laugh: )

http://www.sashafans.com/media/videos/01skateamerica-quad.WMV

If the above, direct link doesn't work, just go to the page with all the videos of jumps and stuff at

http://www.sashafans.com/media/videos/index.php

and locate the quad link at the bottom of the list (Skate America practice), right click, Save Target As...(you downloading junkies will know the drill, I trust:laugh: )

Sarah

Last edited:

soogar

Record Breaker
Without slow mo, I can't even tell if she fully rotated that jump, it looks like 3 and a half roations because she landed forward and then turned on the ice to face backwards.

RealtorGal said:
She doesn't need it. A couple of competitive 3/3s will do.

ITA. Sasha is a good skater and if she can not pull this off it will ruin the rest of the program. I believe it will be done in the first minute of the program. Not worth the risk and with 3x3s she'll still be competitive.

Joe

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
I definitely agree that the quad isn't worth the risk. She was so focused on landing it a couple of years ago and that really seemed to drain the life out of many of her performances. She doesn't need it. If she can skate a 7 triple program without mistakes she will be very difficult to beat....add a 3/3 in the mix and she is extremely difficult to beat.

wvgal57

On the Ice
I'd venture to say Sasha's training now of the quad will be somewhat different. Robin is a strategist and she'll never allow Sasha to go down the road of concentrating on the quad if it's not consistent nor obtainable. Their goals center around a strong Sasha by Turino. It's not like Sasha has been skating for 10 years doing the same stuff nor trying to coast along for a hitch at Olympic Gold, she's proven she's a hard worker and willing to compete. If you don't compete it's hard to get beat.

She's shown she can land 3/3 in competition and she's been landing 3loop/3loop in practices.

Sasha has so much to offer without the quad and the COP seems made for her - I predict she'll have another dynamite short program to grab the lead in the short and most likely she'll repeat dominance of the GrandPrix.

BravesSkateFan

Medalist
It's not like Sasha has been skating for 10 years doing the same stuff nor trying to coast along for a hitch at Olympic Gold, she's proven she's a hard worker and willing to compete. If you don't compete it's hard to get beat.

Well that was low. :sheesh:

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
Well, let's wait till Sasha competes for 10 straight years in the eligible ranks to make a comparison about working hard and trying new things to a certain someone that Wvgal clearly likes to make digs at.

tharrtell

TriGirl Rinkside
On the Ice
BravesSkateFan said:

Agreed, and totally uncalled for, IMO. How is that at all pertinent or constructive in a thread about Sasha's quad???

mzheng

Record Breaker
BravesSkateFan said:

ITA. BravesSkateFan, I was about to answer, then thought not worth it. I'm glad you did it. Thanks.

Also agree what VIETgrlTerifa said, let's wait and see what Sasha is going to do if she stays 10 years.

gezando

Final Flight
It's not like Sasha has been skating for 10 years doing the same stuff nor trying to coast along for a hitch at Olympic Gold, she's proven she's a hard worker and willing to compete. If you don't compete it's hard to get beat.

Oh how time flies, your favorite skater Irina has been competing for 10 years already? Now wvgal, you shouldn't be so harsh on Irina. (Are you still the forum moderator for Irina's message board?) Even though Irina is "doing the same stuff" I love her "same stuff", the double bielmann e.g. I assume if Irina is going to another Olympic game, she still has to go through Russian nationals, that is not exactly "coast along for a hitch to the olys". Irina hasn't really been competing much, but I love her return, and even though she was beaten by quite a few skaters at worlds 2004, I still enjoy watching her. ;) :) Comparing Sasha and Irina is like comparing oranges and apples. They are at very different phases of development. Last I check Irina has won world gold, and an Olympic medal. I won't blame her if she relax a bit. Irina has been a trooper, securing world berths for Russia for so long. How can you possibly put her down?

Last edited:

nymkfan51

Medalist
It's interesting that some people speak of Sasha and her 3/3's as if she lands them on a regular basis. I remember one at 2003 Worlds. Can anyone help me out here and name the others she has landed?

registered

On the Ice
nymkfan51 said:
It's interesting that some people speak of Sasha and her 3/3's as if she lands them on a regular basis. I remember one at 2003 Worlds. Can anyone help me out here and name the others she has landed?

She landed two 3/0.5/3 combos last season, one at Campbells, another one at Winter invitational.

Didn't try any in the competiotion this year, though.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
registered: "She landed two 3/0.5/3 combos last season, one at Campbells, another one at Winter invitational"

Yes, she was trying that sequence (it is not a combination) during the Grand Prix in the 2002-2003 season, but she never managed to land it in a GP event. She fell on the first jump in the sequence at the 2003 Nationals FS, and I believe that was the last time she attempted it. It's interesting that she was able to land it at cheesefests, but not at events that counted.