Entries for JGP Japan | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Entries for JGP Japan

ks777

Record Breaker
I've been following Shoma's progress since 2 years ago...I can't remember him landing the 3A in that time. But am I wrong? Does anyone know if Shoma has landed the 3A in a competition?
I been following Shoma since he was 8 or 9 but I dont' think he landed a 3A in a competition yet.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
He has never landed a 3A in competition, however he managed to get it fully rotated in the SP at the Asian Trophy recently. He's also worked on his flutz and only got a ! instead of the usual e.

Thanks. All the more reason for him to get a good quality 4T. I like the way it's looking now.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Uh-Oh. Guess who's the tech controller in Ice Dance----none other than ALLA SHEKHOVTSEVA, Mme Piseev. You can bet that the dance results at this event will be favorable to the Russian teams.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Her husband is a director of the Russian figure skating federation. That creates a conflict of interest and a question of fairness and impartiality. Too many times when she has been on a judging or technical panel of a competition, the results have been controversial: for example, Cup of Russia 2013, ice dance referee (Bobrova/Soloviev won despite falling); Olympics ladies judge (no explanation required).

oleada

Record Breaker
Uh-Oh. Guess who's the tech controller in Ice Dance----none other than ALLA SHEKHOVTSEVA, Mme Piseev. You can bet that the dance results at this event will be favorable to the Russian teams.

Except that Loboda/Drozd already beat Edwards/Pang in France....

colleen o'neill

Medalist
Except that Loboda/Drozd already beat Edwards/Pang in France....

What's France got to do with it ? That win was by under 3 points and E/P won the SD portion. It's not as if we were talking about 2 teams that were miles apart in ability, and chuckm may not have only been thinking of E/P ( in fact, that would surprise me). I'm never pleased to see her on a panel even if I don't have a favourite in the competition.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
In France, there were only 7 judges and 3 were from BLR, RUS and UKR. That sure helped the Russian teams. But in Japan, the judges are widely split geographically and there are 9 of them. So the only 'help' can come from the technical panel, and that can be very powerful help indeed. Lower levels can mean the difference between a gold medal and a bronze medal.

oleada

Record Breaker
I mentioned France because there's already history of Loboda/Drozd beating the other top team here, which would be Edwards/Pang. It wouldn't come out of nowhere.

In France, there were only 7 judges and 3 were from BLR, RUS and UKR. That sure helped the Russian teams. But in Japan, the judges are widely split geographically and there are 9 of them. So the only 'help' can come from the technical panel, and that can be very powerful help indeed. Lower levels can mean the difference between a gold medal and a bronze medal.

That's all well and good but Edwards /Pang actually had the highest PCS in France. they lost based on TES. So looks like the judging didn't help the Russians much. Besides, based on recent events, can't imagine Ukraine liking much of Russian anything....

The other teams who could be competitive here are Collins/Firus, who are new to each other, and the Parsons, who while technically strong, are not strong in presentation.

hanca

Record Breaker

Oh, yes, I am sure Ukrainian judges have a reason to be helping Russia at this moment.

colleen o'neill

Medalist
I don't know about anyone else , but I wasn't saying anything was wrong with the judging in France , necessarily.. I don't remember if Alla Shekhovtseva was on that panel or not . She is the one that makes me a bit nervous , here , because she's been on panels that made some very questionable decisions in the past, IMO.

I'm just saying that in France, the two couples in question were still marked pretty closely..and I don't think one competition ( the first of the season) should be held up as a "history".

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
And what do you say now? After SD?
Oh, look! They're only 3rd. Questionable or not, but L/D scores were lower because of tech panel. They had best PCS. So your speculations are invalid. Ridiculous conspiracy theories as usual.