NHK Trophy 2014 website is up! | Golden Skate

NHK Trophy 2014 website is up!

juuryokunashi

On the Ice
Hope to see you there then! :D (I do have other things to do in Osaka around that time, but I can't waste the opportunity to support Team Japan :eek:: )

BusyMom

Medalist
Hope to see you there then! :D (I do have other things to do in Osaka around that time, but I can't waste the opportunity to support Team Japan :eek:: )
Cool. Apart from Yuzuru and Sotnikova, I'm not so sure why I'm more looking forward to Dance discipline more. :think:

juuryokunashi

On the Ice
Cool. Apart from Yuzuru and Sotnikova, I'm not so sure why I'm more looking forward to Dance discipline more. :think:

This will be my first time to watch a GP event live, so I'm looking forward to see everyone's programs in person. ::biggrin::

hb2010

Rinkside
I think you two don't understand how hard to get tickets for NHK Trophy. :eek::
Last year, I tried to get advance tickets but they were sold out in a moment
and I could only buy a ticket on the day after standing in line for some hours.

BusyMom

Medalist
I know of that fact very well. Not just the tickets but also the hotel too. I got the tickets to World in Saitama but couldn't get the hotel in the area. They all booked up 2 months before the competition. At the time I was just out of hospital and couldn't effort to travel from Tokyo on a daily basis. So I gave the tickets to my dear friend.

Consider how popular FS is in Japan, it will be a bloodbath for sure. :biggrin: But we can at least give it a try, right?

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
You need to be part of a "network"...

Because what typically happens is, everyone in the "network" attempts to buy as many tickets as they can - not just the number they need for themselves. Then the few who manage to get tickets, hand them out to the others in the network who didn't manage to get tickets.

If you aren't part of a "network" like that... you might have a hard time getting a ticket!

There are also groups of fans employing these tactics to go the same Ice Show (where their favourite is skating)... not just one night... but every night it's on, making tickets even harder to get. (I think this is simply immoral: why don't you give someone else a chance to see the show?!)

I think this all grew out of a certain necessity in Japan, because tickets are often a lottery (literally) due to the huge demand. You "apply" for tickets, and hope you get lucky. People soon learned that banding together with their friends gave them the best chance of a ticket.

The trouble is, those Japanese fans occasionally do the same things for competitions outside of Japan too. Not that it's a problem as far as getting tickets are concerned - competitions hardly sell out, outside of Japan. But guess who will have the best seats? And rooms in the official hotel where the skaters are staying, because they did the same thing there (booked multiple rooms).

Well. I can't blame them. Good for them, using teamwork... just not so good for the rest of us, who are not part of such "networks"...

BusyMom

Medalist
I wonder about the ratio of the tickets for non-Japanese since I don't have trouble getting tickets from one of their ticket masters during World. Maybe there were separated quota. I was very late booking too since I spent almost 2 months coming in and out of hospital during the time. Apart from accommodation, I had some troubles with their English site because it was very difficult to proceed with their English. I got a lot of help from Japanese posters here to finish the transaction though. :bow:

chasingpolaris

On the Ice
Does anyone know if it has always been this difficult to get tickets for NHK Trophy? I'm assuming this year might be different since quite a few skaters have retired and some aren't competing...?

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
I'm assuming this year might be different since quite a few skaters have retired and some aren't competing...?
Hanyu will be there. That is all.

Add all the other big names that are going to be there, and I don't think it will be any different this year...

chasingpolaris

On the Ice
^ Ah, true about Hanyu.

Still hoping to get tickets somehow as I will be in Osaka during those days anyway. Perhaps I'll have better luck ordering as an overseas fan judging from BusyMom's post above. *wishful thinking*

juuryokunashi

On the Ice

Hello, I am very much aware of that (and as evidenced by BusyMom's reply she also knows), but I'm willing to exhaust all means (i.e, apply for tickets via lottery [which I'm also doing for another fandom I have that has shows at around the same dates in Osaka -- Japan is actually really making it difficult just to level the playing field for all that want to watch shows/concerts], wait and be early on the day general ticket sales begins, camp out if it boils down to it, tap a few resources if need be) because like other fans, I also want to experience seeing a skating competition live.

It's not being idealistic or being ignorant, but just trying to be positive.

Meoima

Match Penalty
From what I've heard so far, Dai's fans usually purchase a lot of tickets before hand. They say many of Dai's fans are quite rich and they have been following him everywhere in the world, so to get to the event he participated, it was extremely difficult. But this year both Dai and Mao are having a break, so I hope it will be different for oversea-fans.

unico

Final Flight
With Hanyu not going to JO, I'm assuming that the tickets to NHK are going to be even tougher than expected to acquire despite the absence of Takahashi and Asada. I would wager that a lot of Japanese would want to see their OC compete on home ice at least once this year.

The Namihaya Dome where NHK is held at this year is said that "The main arena has 6 000 fixed seats with a possible capacity for 10 000 people". For those planning to go, best of luck with ticket purchasing!

beebee51

On the Ice
Country
United-States
^ Ah, true about Hanyu.

Still hoping to get tickets somehow as I will be in Osaka during those days anyway. Perhaps I'll have better luck ordering as an overseas fan judging from BusyMom's post above. *wishful thinking*

If you click "English" on the NHK website, it takes you to the Etix overseas website (same website that sold Saitama tickets to foreign fans). I bought tickets through them for Saitama and didn't experience any problems. It was quick and easy, and I was able to print my tickets at home. My guess is that, as with Worlds, there will be a few rows in several sections dedicated to spectators outside of Japan. If you want to get tickets, it should be painless. As for our dear friends in Japan, that's another story :(

chasingpolaris

On the Ice
^ Thanks for the info. I'm definitely going to give that a try. Is it possible to choose different sections for each day? Or do you have to buy the same sections for the whole event?

beebee51

On the Ice
Country
United-States
It looks like you buy one ticket for each of the three days, so I'm sure you can get different sections each day. That's said, based on my Saitama Worlds experience, the choice of sections/rows might be limited.

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
It is much harder getting tickets here in Japan, as you can imagine. I have entered the lottery that started two weeks ago. I want two premium tickets for each day. But the results of the lottery will not be announced until the 9th of September. Then there is at least one more lottery before the general sale on 9/20. It is so hard getting tickets in Japan for any major event, specially if Hanyu will be there.

:bang: