Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: World's highest paid female athletes 2014

World's highest paid female athletes 2014

#4 Kim Yuna
    Total earnings: $16.3 million
    Prize money: $300,000
    Endorsements: $16 million

Kim won silver at the Sochi Olympics in February, although many felt she deserved the gold. The Olympics marked the end of Queen Yuna's competitive skating career. She never finished off the podium in a competition during her career. Kim continues to be an endorsement star and is one of the biggest celebrities in Korea. She added a deal with SK Telecom this year and has more than a dozen corporate partners.
    original article

Yuna moved up from #6 to #4 in 2014. Surprised to see her prize money is just $300K, and also surprised how much money tennis players make

I knew i will see Yuna lol..

The Sochi Olympics got her a lot of added sponsorship/partnerships, so next year's figure will probably drop quite a bit. It may sound puny, but $300,000 from such few competitions is pretty good! I didn't know she could get that much from only Sochi + Korean Nats + Golden Spin (probably includes more than the official prizes).

I've always wondered why the top-paid female athletes are usually the tennis players..

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by satine94 View Post
    I've always wondered why the top-paid female athletes are usually the tennis players..
    Because Tennis is a major sports.

Custom Title
    Tennis players are killing it! But I'm actually curious as to how accurate Forbes is. I've seen some salaries in the past that didn't quite match with other sources. Is Forbes considered the most trustworthy source?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    The Sochi Olympics got her a lot of added sponsorship/partnerships, so next year's figure will probably drop quite a bit. It may sound puny, but $300,000 from such few competitions is pretty good! I didn't know she could get that much from only Sochi + Korean Nats + Golden Spin (probably includes more than the official prizes).
    Actually if you work out the Maths, the $300k estimate is likely to be the TOTAL prize money she has ever accumulated by being the most successful COP skater ever during the whole course of her entire career - even never been off the podium. Plus approx 1/3rd goes to her federation?

Today's prize money for major competitions
    A WC Gold for singles = $45k, 2nd= $27k, 3rd = $18k
    Winning GPF = $25k, 2nd = $18k, 3rd = $12k

2x WC Gold = $90k
    2X WC Silver = $54k
    2 X WC Bronze = $36k
    3 x GPF Gold = $75k
    1 x GPF Silver = $18k

Together < $300k

Do they get money for winning Olympics?
    Sad state of the sport isn't it?

What about the money Yuna gets for her skating shows? Does that count in the $300,000 "prizes" or the 16 million in "endorsements?

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    What about the money Yuna gets for her skating shows? Does that count in the $300,000 "prizes" or the 16 million in "endorsements?
    There should be a third listing- business ventures

Quote Originally Posted by mirai4life View Post
    I knew i will see Yuna lol..
    Ikr, lmao

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystallize View Post
    Tennis players are killing it! But I'm actually curious as to how accurate Forbes is. I've seen some salaries in the past that didn't quite match with other sources. Is Forbes considered the most trustworthy source?
    It's hard to know how accurate these are, but if you look at their methodologies, they are, at best, ball park figures. I wouldn't be surprised to see if they were off by 20% or more.

Custom Title
    No doubt Yuna is the richest in skating world, but I also think she is the richest among winter athletes, not only female but male as well. Maybe Shaun White at the close second, but anyone else just far behind.

I'm not sure about prize money, it's sound high for me, lol. But endoresment deal may trustworthy, because after Olympic she has renewed ALL her contract with even higher payment (increased about 100.000$ so total over 1,2mil$ per) and signed new contract with atleast one major brand. Her sponsors now are over 10 companies.

Maria Sharapova 24,4 million dollars in 2014 http://www.forbes.ru/rating/50-glavn...full=1&table=1

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    The Sochi Olympics got her a lot of added sponsorship/partnerships, so next year's figure will probably drop quite a bit.
    Nope, actually the Olympic got her not more than her usual earning. Most of recently sponsors are with her in several yeas, not just Sochi. For example, Samsung from 2008 till now, Korea Airline from 2009 till now, Korea biggest financial group named Kookmin with her from 2007 till now ... others at least since 2011.

i doubt this is accurate.. i'm not saying yuna earns more or less.. but i doubt FORBES' credibility.. and i don't think athletes even celebrities will allow anyone to know or disclose their financial situation.. there's always a fear of taxing authorities etc.. lol..

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast