Slutskaya - Ferocious Fighter or Playful Pixie? | Golden Skate

Slutskaya - Ferocious Fighter or Playful Pixie?

P

Ptichka

Re: Slutskaya - Ferocious Fighter or Playful Pixie?

Thank you so much for this article! It's great! :)

M

Mathman3

Great article. More depth than most of the stories we see on Irina. So now she's definitely aiming for Torino!

Mathman

S

sk8ing lady2001

That is a wonderful article! I love Irina too! I wouldn't mind if she won the gold either, since she is another one of my favorites. :)

M

mmandel

Great Article! Thanks so much for sharing. :D

J

Joesitz

Go, go Irina. We haven't had a mature lady win the Olys in over 12 years.

Joe

E

Excidra2001

She could be the oldest if she wins it(at 27).

I'm just glad to see her staying and aiming for Olympic gold. Call me crazy, but I think Irina is going to get to work early this time.
Maybe it's best if she takes 04 off to have a child.

P.S. I hope to see Kwan stay in as well, maybe Irina can be an inspiration to her.

L

Lucy25

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>I hope to see Kwan stay in as well, maybe Irina can be an inspiration to her.[/quote]
I hope they both stay in as an inspiration to all the other skaters! :D

D

DORISPULASKI

Great article, with a lot of interesting details that I didn't know about Irina.(And of course, the pictures are great too.)

One quibble. In 1999, Yulia Soldatova did not finish second at Worlds. She finished 3rd. Michelle was 2nd.

dpp

B

berthes ghost

I know, I can never understand why they don't check the facts more acuratly.

" In 1997, she made history by landing the first triple salchow/triple toe loop by a woman in competition at Worlds."

She landed a 3Sal/3loop and Tara had already landed it at worlds the year before.

G

GSK8

Thanks all! Credit goes to Barry Mittan, who I must say, did do a wonderful job! But then again, he's fairly close to Irina which makes it easier to do a more personal and well-rounded article.

M

mathman444

Barry Mittan is a bockbuster of a photographer. I didn't know he could write, too. Very impressive work.

Mathman

Y

yelyoh

Super happy Irina is going to stick around for the next Olys. Hope Michelle does so also. And I hope they both medal.

L

LAVENDER

I knew it. I had a dream that both Michelle and Irina were going to be at the Olympics right after Worlds 2002. Didn’t get it at the time because I couldn’t see either one staying. So far one down. Irina will be there.:D

Another error that I see is that Maria was 1st and Michelle was 2nd at the 1999 Worlds. Yulia wasn't 2nd. I wish they would proof read these articles that are viewed by so many.

G

GSK8

Re: Thank you

The 3/3 combo in the "error" stated above came from ISU notes. I'm researching it now.

The placements for the 1999 Worlds was an oversight and has been corrected.

I'd like to thank those who <span style="font-size:medium;">emailed</span> me in private so that I could edit the article. Otherwise I might not have found out.

L

LAVENDER

Didn't see the email. That's what I get for posting at work. Isn't this article by Barry?

G

GSK8

Yes, the article is by Barry but we both proof them. Sometimes we overlook things as there are so many that we are working on.

L

Ladskater

Nice article about Irina. She always struck me as rather "pixieish" when she was a younger competitor - those rosy red cheeks and braids flying when she skated. She was real cute and has turned into quite the young woman. It's great to see another side of her.

Ladskater

G

GSK8

Re: Tara Lipinski

<blockquote style="padding-left:0.5em; margin-left:0; margin-right:0; margin-top:0; margin-bottom:0; border-left:solid 2">She landed a 3Sal/3loop and Tara had already landed it at worlds the year before.</blockquote>

Can I find a resource on this? ISU notes are conflicting...