Hollywood Greats Lauren Bacall and James Garner Passed Away | Golden Skate

Hollywood Greats Lauren Bacall and James Garner Passed Away

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I was sad to hear that Lauren Bacall just passed away yesterday. She was a real Hollywood legend from the glamour days of movie stars. Who could forget her and Bogie sizzling on the movie screen? I was equally saddened that James Garner passed away last month. He was one of my favorite actors. Loved him in Maverick.

:cry:

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
Same here! Bacall's eyes and that marvelous husky, sexy voice -- often imitated, never equaled. Who else could take a silly line like "You just put your lips together and blow..." and turn it into one of film's most memorable moments?

One of the things I enjoyed most about James Garner was that his knockout good looks were so much a part of him that you almost forgot about them, somehow. He had so much humor and charm! BTW, he was also wonderful in The Americanization of Emily with Julie Andrews. A great film w/ a theme song that just might make a great FS program, too...

First Garner, then Bacall and Robin Williams. It's been a rough couple of months. :cry:

Yes, The Americanization of Emily is a wonderful film, with both stars very exciting to watch. Both Garner and Bacall projected great personalities onscreen (and also onstage in Bacall's case), and they will be missed. But we have them to enjoy in perpetuity, thanks to film.

Alba

Record Breaker
Same here! Bacall's eyes and that marvelous husky, sexy voice -- often imitated, never equaled. Who else could take a silly line like "You just put your lips together and blow..." and turn it into one of film's most memorable moments?

:agree: Gorgeous woman and that voice oh...to die for. :love:
RIP.