Highest scores ever recorded-Ladies (part II) | Golden Skate

Highest scores ever recorded-Ladies (part II)

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I originally planned to post this as an update for the old thread, but I found out that since it is archived I can't post something new there (right?) so I thought about creating a new one, since after this intense (and inflated :laugh: ) Olympic season we have a lot of changes in the rankings! So, here they are (remember: this list includes all kind of competitions judged with IJS, not just ISU ones):

SP
1) Yu-Na Kim 80.60 2014 South-Korean figure skating championships
2) Mao Asada 78.66 2014 World Figure Skating Championships
3) Yu-Na Kim 78.50 2010 Olympics
4) Carolina Kostner 77.24 2014 World Figure Skating Championships
5) Yu-Na Kim 76.28 2009 Skate America
6) Yu-Na Kim 76.12 2009 Worlds
7) Yu-Na Kim 76.08 2009 TEB
8) Mao Asada 75.94 2009 World Team Trophy
9) Yu-Na Kim 74.92 2014 Olympics
10) Adelina Sotnikova 74.64 2014 Olympics
(please note that pre-2010 scores were obtained with 8 elements, since 2010 the SP elements are 7 but Ladies can perform a solo 3A, plus the BV of some jumps have been reduced and GOEs are worth less points)

FS
1) Yu-Na Kim 150.06 2010 Olympics
2) Adelina Sotnikova 149.95 2014 Olympics
3) Yu-Na Kim 148.34 2013 World Figure Skating Championships
4) Yu-Na Kim 147.26 2014 South-Korean Figure Skating Championships
5) Yu-Na Kim 145.80 2013 South-Korean Figure Skating Championships
6) Akiko Suzuki 144.99 2014 Japan Figure Skating Championships
7) Yu-Na Kim 144.19 2014 Olympics
8) Joannie Rochette 144.08 2010 Canadian figure Skating Championships
9) Carolina Kostner 143.56 2013 Italian Figure Skating Championships
10) Mao Asada 142.71 2014 Olympics

Interesting to see that (as I expected) half of these 20 scores is from this past Olympic season :biggrin: One sad fact for me is that Mao's wonderful 8-triples FS sits "only" in 10th place :scowl:
(just one side note: do not turn this into another Yu-Na vs adelina thread, please :bow: )

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
One sad fact for me is that Mao's wonderful 8-triples FS sits "only" in 10th place :scowl:
That should've been a world record. It's hard to beat Yuna's Vancouver scores now, under the new rules. Still, if any skate deserved to, it's Mao's. Ah, if only she hadn't bombed the SP...:cry: But history is so much greater than WRs on some arbitrary judging system, and Mao made history. And she finally got WR for the SP.

anyanka

Record Breaker
How would the rankings look if you only took international competitions into consideration, and left out national results?

FSGMT

Record Breaker
How would the rankings look if you only took international competitions into consideration, and left out national results?
You can find some useful info here: http://www.isu.org/en/single-and-pa...ncluding-personal-bestseason-best-information
But the detailed rankings are:

SP
1) Mao Asada 78.66 2014 World Figure Skating Championships
2) Yu-Na Kim 78.50 2010 Olympics
3) Carolina Kostner 77.24 2014 World Figure Skating Championships
4) Yu-Na Kim 76.28 2009 Skate America
5) Yu-Na Kim 76.12 2009 Worlds
6) Yu-Na Kim 76.08 2009 TEB
7) Mao Asada 75.94 2009 World Team Trophy
8) Yu-Na Kim 74.92 2014 Olympics
9) Adelina Sotnikova 74.64 2014 Olympics
10) Julia Lipnitskaya 74.54 2014 world Figure Skating Championships

FS
1) Yu-Na Kim 150.06 2010 Olympics
2) Adelina Sotnikova 149.95 2014 Olympics
3) Yu-Na Kim 148.34 2013 World Figure Skating Championships
4) Yu-Na Kim 144.19 2014 Olympics
5) Mao Asada 142.71 2014 Olympics
6) Carolina Kostner 142.61 2014 Olympics
7) Julia Lipnitskaya 141.51 2014 Olympic Team Event
8) Julia Lipnitskaya 139.75 2014 European Figure Skating Championships
9) Mao Asada 138.02 2014 World Figure Skating Championships
10) Gracie Gold 136.90 2014 Olympics
All of the FS scores but two are from the 2013-2014 season here :laugh:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Wow, I had no idea the top SP and FS were that close. Thankfully, Mao has the top SP and Kim has the top FS ever in both departments. I'd feel a bit weird about a perfect SP with a 3A not being the top SP, and of course, Kim's Olympic LP was much better than Sotnikova's Olympic LP and it would have sucked if Sotnikova's home scoring gave her a world record that I'm sure many would agree was undeserved (especially with the questionable win, and with an error in the program at that).

Mao's SP is likely untouchable, until skaters get triple axels under their belts, and couple it with a 3-3. Kim's LP is possibly more attainable... after all, she did manage it with 6 triples instead of 7, and if some skater like Lipnitskaia backloads her programs and develops artistry putting her in the 74-75 range, it could be surpassed. It will be a while before we see it though.

chasingpolaris

On the Ice
That should've been a world record. It's hard to beat Yuna's Vancouver scores now, under the new rules. Still, if any skate deserved to, it's Mao's. Ah, if only she hadn't bombed the SP...:cry: But history is so much greater than WRs on some arbitrary judging system, and Mao made history. And she finally got WR for the SP.

Agree. Most likely to remember the fact that she made history than remember the actual score itself. At least for me. :biggrin:

yhmafan

Medalist

:rock:

I remember, I cried so hard when I watched Mao’s LP at Sochi, I believe so many viewers as well and
that is the most important thing for me. Not just scores. I will never forget that.

Krislite

Medalist
Pretty sure Mao, Caro and Yuna's free programs at Sochi would all have scored closer to 150 were it not for the location and sponsor of the event. But that's definitely not a debate we want to re-start. :slink:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Good for Julia getting on both lists with two great skates! Euros FS and WC '14 SP :love:

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hasn't the scoring been changed so many times that comparing the scores from one year to the next is pointless. For example, in 2010, there was a spiral sequence in both the short and long programs that was judged with levels and GOE. It was later eliminated from the short program and made into a choreo element in the long program. I know there were other changes, too.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Bring back the spiral sequence and can the step sequence please be changed from counting turns and instead just be scored like a choreographed sequence. Who cares how many times you turned in a certain direction and how many steps you performed. More isn't always better but instead maybe HOW you turned.

End rant and :slink:

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Bring back the spiral sequence and can the step sequence please be changed from counting turns and instead just be scored like a choreographed sequence. Who cares how many times you turned in a certain direction and how many steps you performed. More isn't always better but instead maybe HOW you turned.

End rant and :slink:

Do NOT bring back the spiral sequence, please no.

Alain

Match Penalty
Pretty sure Mao, Caro and Yuna's free programs at Sochi would all have scored closer to 150 were it not for the location and sponsor of the event. But that's definitely not a debate we want to re-start. :slink:
You already re-started it, so obviously you wanted it. Unless you want to say that all international judges with no Russian in panel in Ladies SP where the future OC won TES got bribed, then I see no point in bringing the location. Move on. Seriously.

gotoschool

Medalist

I will stick with the 2nd list since national scores do not count for records and are not usually reported for skaters when they appear in international competition. To me, The biased judging obviously resulted in deflated scores for Mao in Sochi, so like Sandpiper I also believe Mao's LP should have received a world record too even with the new rules. Her Sochi LP has an emotional resonance, artistic excellence and technical prowess that for me stands out above the rest. I also feel that Mao's scores in the Worlds LP were adjusted down through harsh tech calls so that her scores would be lower than they were at Sochi, since she missed one triple jump at Worlds. The ISU may have thought that giving her a higher score at Worlds in Japan was more suspicious than giving her overly harsh or bad tech calls. This is what I believe. In this sense, I think she was penalized twice for the two best LPs of her career, or two of the best when referring to Worlds LP.